Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

I know I'm way late on this, but I just caught Shin Godzilla on a flight to New Orleans and holy poo poo does it own. Unfortunately, the plane landed with at least half an hour left in the film so I never finished it. Is there any word when its coming out on streaming/physical media?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Japanese release is sometime this month, Funimation has not given word on their US release.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Not a huge shock, but there is a post credits scene after Skull Island that teases Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah, including a cave painting that shows ancient Godzilla battling KG.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Not a huge shock, but there is a post credits scene after Skull Island that teases Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah, including a cave painting that shows ancient Godzilla battling KG.

Pretty sure That's just regular old Godzilla. Dude's been alive for goddamn ever. Super stoked to have Ghidorah be brought up already though did not expect that yet.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Burkion posted:

Pretty sure That's just regular old Godzilla. Dude's been alive for goddamn ever. Super stoked to have Ghidorah be brought up already though did not expect that yet.

Yep, my apologies, had it in my head that this was an all purpose Godzilla thread.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Yep, my apologies, had it in my head that this was an all purpose Godzilla thread.

Nah it's cool, I THINK this pretty well is an all purpose one.

I was more addressing petty nerd pedantic poo poo as is my want

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
There were other ones at least.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

I read it as him thinking you were seeing an "ancient" sort of ancestor Godzilla as distinct from the current one, whereas he's saying there's only one Godzilla, and he's old as poo poo.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Waffleman_ posted:

The Japanese release is sometime this month, Funimation has not given word on their US release.

I think the rule of thumb is that you can expect it to be at least 3 months later than the Japanese release. As an added headache, the Japanese release usually won't have English subtitles, so don't expect there to be a usable BluRay rip floating around anytime soon either

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And there's a good chance Funi will record a dub for it, which I'll be curious to see, as Funi uses real voice actors and not whatever English speakers Toho could get off the streets of Japan.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's cute you think Toho gets English speakers for their in house English dubs

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Godzilla vs. King Kong is playing next week and I think I am gonna hit it up. Hopefully no smelly nerds this time (I can't believe it happened but it truly did).

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/saitoryoma0127/status/837666682550149121

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

And there's a good chance Funi will record a dub for it, which I'll be curious to see, as Funi uses real voice actors and not whatever English speakers Toho could get off the streets of Japan.

A drat shame, really.

Dylazodelan
Nov 9, 2009
Shin Godzilla won Best Picture at the Japanese Academy Awards! That's pretty nuts, I like the movie but I figured that the Japanese Oscars work the same way as ours, in that intimate dramas and biopics get the big awards.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/godzilla-resurgence-wins-big-at-40th-japan-academy-prize-awards-982922

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hell yeah!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Shin Godzilla is still my favorite movie I saw in 2016 so it deserves it.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Gareth Edwards is doing an AMA in about 30 minutes on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/5z6x8g/i_am_gareth_edwards_director_of_rogue_one_a_star/

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/oneperfectshot/status/842422601221849094

BOI!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I worry about that movie.

I don't have the best track record with the writer and they've been hiding Godzilla's design pretty hard. Hopefully it'll be good please be good

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
its gonna be a movie length episode of Godzilla:The Animated Series

so therefore it's gonna be great

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Burkion posted:

I don't have the best track record with the writer and they've been hiding Godzilla's design pretty hard. Hopefully it'll be good please be good

Yeah I can't say I've liked anything Urobuchi has been involved with myself. I'll still give the movie a chance but I don't exactly have high expectations.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Honestly, the concept art they've been peddling around since they first announced it is still really eerie and kind of mystifying, so hopefully that carries over into the film. It'd be really nice to get some daikaiju in the mist or some poo poo.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What the gently caress is this?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Vintersorg posted:

What the gently caress is this?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Burkion posted:

Psycho-Pass S1 is terrific, we just have to hope we get that (or at least Madoka-) Urobuchi and not, like, anything else Urobuchi.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'd be okay with getting F/Z Uro too.

But really, he's totally the right person to get. And he won't have to think up reasons for people to die horribly, it just happens naturally as part of the genre.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Psycho-Pass S1 is terrific, we just have to hope we get that (or at least Madoka-) Urobuchi and not, like, anything else Urobuchi.

Even with Madoka Urobuchi, we run the risk of Movie Madoka Urobuchi and no one wants that.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Burkion posted:

I worry about that movie.

The official twitter account for the movie retweeted this tweet from the anime convention where the film will premiere which has an outline of Godzilla's head printed on a water bottle label:
https://twitter.com/animejapan_aj/status/840082310070386688

I think that might be the only image of Godzilla they've released so far and even then it might not be what appears in the film.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I SWEAR that's a shot of Shin Goji, but the dorsal fins make me second guess it

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
thunderbolt fantasy urobuchi his best urobuchi

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the blurays out!!!!!!!!!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Where

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Japan as of the 22nd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PueKzMQduAk

My copy should get here sometime this week according to Amazon Japan.

THe official site updated with a complete list of the special features.
http://www.shin-godzilla.jp/bluray/index.html

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
We've confirmed no English subs, right?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HannibalBarca posted:

We've confirmed no English subs, right?

Oh yeah. Toho never puts English subs on anything Godzilla related.

I know there are subbed boots floating around (one cut taken from an airplane screening of all things) and another was a dude caming a US screening. In short subs should be out in no time.

I mean heck I wasn't the only dude who got a screener from Funimation, so there are complete subs out there on a ton of discs.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Chunky Godzilla is the best.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Actually all Godzilla are good Godzillas.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I have faith in Shin Godzilla in being a good Godzilla movie, but man none of the trailers made me feel like Godzilla was scary. Which really just makes me want to see the movie even more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
So did anyone else see Kong: Skull Island?

who else is loving hyped for Rodan and King Ghidorah? I have Mothra, she can gently caress off though.