Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
The last dog that was serially attracted to Cricket wanted to bang his face because it looks like a dog vagina. So I think it's fair to say Belle is a lesbian.

That's my fan theory. Thank you for your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
Last week's effort left me feeling "meh." It wasn't bad, but it just wasn't all that great in my opinion. It had some moments.

But this one... drat. I wondered why we were starting with Cricket, then when he said something about how the gang had set him up with a shower facility, I thought, "hmmmm." Then when he pops in and asks to bathe in the urinal, and there was that bit from a couple episodes ago... brilliant. Just brilliant.

As for Belle... I figured she was a sister he'd forgotten about, what with her comment that they had more in common that he thought. The dog part was a surprise. Even when they looked at him in disgust, I was assuming they were about to tell him that he was related to her. Closely.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ahahaha, that was a great episode.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I guessed Belle's identity but I actually figured the ENTIRE thing was a drug induced haze. The fact he actually DID go back to his family and even cemented the deal with that customer (albeit in a supremely hosed up way) just makes it more horrifying (and funny!).

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
With the size of the collar on Belle, I figured she was a cat or something. I guess dog fits better. It was kind of weird but the lemon eating was hilarious.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
I like how it kind of sounds like his dad says "that's my daugh..." at first.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

There were better episodes this season but this was solid. There should have been another dog woman when Cricket was sleeping in the box, as a subtle nod to "Dog Three-Way." It's a shame that his self-esteem is so shot that he wants to go back onto the street, smoking PCP in the Paddy's bathroom, and cleaning himself in the urinal. But that is Cricket's lot in life- the eternal butt of the gang's jokes.

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

The bully from A Christmas Story/ Titus brother from the fox show Titus
Oh poo poo, Scut Farcus! Still a bully and a ghostly looking son of a bitch to this day. I've seen Titus but don't remember him on it.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Sweet Carl Lewis shoutout. I happen to know Carl. He could still catch that dude, Carl's still in amazing shape.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It's sweet how Cricks defended the gang as his friends.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I love ya, Cricks, but this is boring.

Cricket's parkour skills keep giving me laughs. I hope he does a lot more parkour. I hope there's an episode where he, the duster, and Country Mac's ghost team up to make a real Project Badass tape.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It was funny that he perfectly parkoured all the way down just to fall into that BttF style randomly placed manure dumpster.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I guess there's more to Cricket and loving dogs then them raping the vagina on his face.

It was pretty cool how they intertwined this story with all the cricket appearances during the season.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 2, 2017

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Cojawfee posted:

It was funny that he perfectly parkoured all the way down just to fall into that BttF style randomly placed manure dumpster.

You've obviously never been to Philly

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The Cricket scenes from earlier this season felt sort of disjointed, like they were part of a larger subplot in those episodes that got cut. So it was satisfying to see that that was sort of the case, that they were meant to act as breadcrumbs to this upcoming story. Overall, not a fantastic episode, but worth it for the tone of Dennis's voice when he and Charlie are on the phone with Cricket.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It was nice to see Daddy and The Boy again.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I loved this episode.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

The Cricket scenes from earlier this season felt sort of disjointed, like they were part of a larger subplot in those episodes that got cut. So it was satisfying to see that that was sort of the case, that they were meant to act as breadcrumbs to this upcoming story. Overall, not a fantastic episode, but worth it for the tone of Dennis's voice when he and Charlie are on the phone with Cricket.

:shrug: I loved having Cricket just randomly pop in from time to time, and would have even without this episode.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

PittTheElder posted:

:shrug: I loved having Cricket just randomly pop in from time to time, and would have even without this episode.

I agree. Even without this episode, Cricket popping in was cool and good in the other episodes. Him popping into the bar works perfectly in both episodes he's in. Perhaps Pepe Silvia Browne is just confused. The Stripper episode, he comes in as soon as Dee says she's a good influence in people's lives. In the successful bar episode, he shows up to be another bad thing that causes people to leave.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

It was nice to see Daddy and The Boy again.

Cricks, do you want the lemons or not?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Mameluke posted:

Cricks, do you want the lemons or not?

someone gif him doing that Haehhhehhhhhhhh

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

that loving noise he makes is the best

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
This episode could have been a lot better for all the previously stated reasons but also because this episode ended with him in possession of all his limbs I mean come on, it's not like he really needs both his arm.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
God I guess I am alone on this but for me this was by far the worst episode of one of the best seasons of Always Sunny, maybe one of the worst of the entire series.

I get it, Cricket is a homeless street urchin drug addict whose life the gang ruined. Which is funny in small doses but not enough to carry an entire episode.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao cricket parkour gets me every time

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I watched the first couple episodes of The Mick, it's fun and I was so relieved that they didn't go with the pat ending of "She may have set me up but in the end I did the right thing and freed the owl" and instead went with,"I loving killed the owl, cooked it and fed it to her to teach her a lesson :black101:"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
People want to get rid of Jimmy but then we wouldn't have Mickey framing him as a pedophile filming kids at school to blackmail the school.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Three Olives posted:

God I guess I am alone on this but for me this was by far the worst episode of one of the best seasons of Always Sunny, maybe one of the worst of the entire series.

I get it, Cricket is a homeless street urchin drug addict whose life the gang ruined. Which is funny in small doses but not enough to carry an entire episode.

Cricket is the best and they absolutely carried it for the episode with making it look like he was trying to change his life around.

Seriously with all the poo poo in the past about Cricket and dogs, it's loving hilarious that he got high on PCP and started dating a dog.

And if you don't laugh at Cricket sucking on lemons, then something is wrong with you.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I like that the opening scene was just Aladdin with Cricket.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

The disclaimer before the episode said there was nudity... where? Did they edit it out last minute or something, or did I miss it?

Also, did FXX only give Sunny one episode this season where they don't limit the cursing? They haven't said "gently caress" or "oval office" before or since 'Hero or Hate Crime'. (They said it in a Christmas episode from the first or second season, but that wasn't on TV so it doesn't count.)

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Crows Turn Off posted:

The disclaimer before the episode said there was nudity... where? Did they edit it out last minute or something, or did I miss it?

Cricket's face is a dog vagina.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Crows Turn Off posted:

Soldier Stripper Dad

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Cojawfee posted:

I was waiting for him to start screaming I hate manure!

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Crows Turn Off posted:

Also, did FXX only give Sunny one episode this season where they don't limit the cursing? They haven't said "gently caress" or "oval office" before or since 'Hero or Hate Crime'. (They said it in a Christmas episode from the first or second season, but that wasn't on TV so it doesn't count.)

Cricket's girlfriend was completely nude.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Since this episode clocks in at barely 17 minutes and it has flashbacks to two earlier episodes, it would seem the writers agree that Cricket can't really fill an episode on his own.

The parkour is funny, because he used to wear leg braces, but yeah this episode in a tough spot for me because the rest of this season is phenomenal and this one just feels like a pile of Cricket jokes that got cut from other episodes and stitched together.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bust Rodd posted:

Since this episode clocks in at barely 17 minutes and it has flashbacks to two earlier episodes, it would seem the writers agree that Cricket can't really fill an episode on his own.

The parkour is funny, because he used to wear leg braces, but yeah this episode in a tough spot for me because the rest of this season is phenomenal and this one just feels like a pile of Cricket jokes that got cut from other episodes and stitched together.

There's been quite a few 17 minute episodes lately.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

There's been quite a few 17 minute episodes lately.

Yeah..I wonder whats going on with that?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Yeah..I wonder whats going on with that?

I'm pretty sure the answer is the most simple/obvious one - cheaper to make, more room for commercials.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They almost have an adult swim show.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I like that Cricket not only considers the gang his friends (mostly) but that he willingly chose to keep with the street urchin life.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
The episodes shot in Philly seem to run shorter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Does anyone else feel that this season has been crazy uneven? This season has some very strong episodes but some not really bad episodes (cricket was just not good)