Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I'm curious, does Snipperclips have a single player mode, and how does it work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
For those who now have the Switch. How much room/tolerance is there in the joycon grip around the joycons? I pre-ordered these rubber gel guards in blue and red to make my gray switch neon and give more comfort. However, I was wondering if there is any issues with them not fitting into the joycon grip, especially between the back of the joycon and the handgrip part. Is there there at least 1/8" or so gap? Or is there no tolerance. I assume these gel guards are about as thick as those Wiimote and nunchuck condoms people used.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Louisgod posted:

Still 2 and a half hours before BB opens here, slow burn at work makes it a hard wait.

Is BB supposed to have them at normal open-up hours?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Bombadilillo posted:

Are you in a big city with same day amazon? I used to live in San Diego last year and if I ordered something by 11AM it would show up at about 7:00 that night. If they have that infrastructure near you then good news bad news, its gonna be in the evening.

Probably! I'm in Orange County and I get stuff within a day despite 2 day shipping so I know I'm near a distribution point, just never had anything sit for this long.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
My Zelda won't be here for a couple of days due to Amazon preorder card issues, but I'll have Bomberman and the eShop by the time I get home, so it'll be fine. I might snag a Pro Controller on the way home since I have to stop at Walmart for groceries anyway. Hopefully they'll have a couple in stock.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I chopped down a tree and used it to cross a gorge!!!!!!111

Also Zelda throws a bunch of items at you right away which could be weird for pacing but whatever.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Feenix posted:

Is BB supposed to have them at normal open-up hours?

I pre-ordered so they'd better. I know most BBYs did a midnight launch and held onto the units that people preordered.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The switch is actually an awesome little console. I feel like it has waaayyyy more potential than the Wii U. Really enjoying it so far. Also Zelda owns.

Grimes
Nov 12, 2005

I'm in Canada and there were 2 people waiting outside of my Bestbuy and Amazon.ca had stock up until like 10 minutes ago. I'm kind of surprised that it seems like I could just go and buy one of these if I felt like it without a pre-order or waiting in line. Is it a different story in the U.S.?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Got mine now, ordered from Amazon Now last night. Now I just need to do my work and then do poo poo all weekend before I can Zelda so I wont even open it yet

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Grimes posted:

I'm in Canada and there were 2 people waiting outside of my Bestbuy and Amazon.ca had stock up until like 10 minutes ago. I'm kind of surprised that it seems like I could just go and buy one of these if I felt like it without a pre-order or waiting in line. Is it a different story in the U.S.?

Everything I'm reading suggests people are having no problem getting the console if they wander in when the store opens.

Love how the ARTIFICIAL SCARCITY crowd is all crickets right now, pretty clear Nintendo isn't in the business of losing business

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The best buy near me had 50 extra :)

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Louisgod posted:

Everything I'm reading suggests people are having no problem getting the console if they wander in when the store opens.

Love how the ARTIFICIAL SCARCITY crowd is all crickets right now, pretty clear Nintendo isn't in the business of losing business

YMMV, I went to snag a pro controller from walmart and they were sold out of the console at midnight. My area has like 2 places you could buy one and one was sold out.
But every thing Im reading is stores getting 50, not 3 like the NES classic. Which I don't get, I though Nintendo was supposed to be getting rich by not selling things? Oh wait artificial scarcity is stupid as poo poo.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The Target near me was shipped 56. I got in line an hour before, and they started turning people away 15 mins before because they ran out of tickets.

I got a neon one :yoshi:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I got to walmart which said it had 8 units about 15 mins early, was 4th guy there. They ended up with something like 20 units so everybody got a nintendo + there were 3-4 extras. When I wandered into EB games 3 hours later, about an hour after it opened (to buy the car charger), it looked like they still had a few units. There were a few people in line in front of me who each bought one so it seems to have good stock + people are buying it.

E: For reference, I am in canada

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Jimmy Hats posted:

I chopped down a tree and used it to cross a gorge!!!!!!111

Also Zelda throws a bunch of items at you right away which could be weird for pacing but whatever.

I failed to do that, ran out of trees, and proceeded to climb the rocks to the side.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Louisgod posted:

I just tried to wander into a Target that said they have stock online but alas, sold out.

I'll just have to order one online in like a week or two, the horror.

Really glad the only scarcity seems to have been in preorders, as someone who was in the artificial scarcity camp.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Elmon posted:

I failed to do that, ran out of trees, and proceeded to climb the rocks to the side.

Lol I got it first try, by accident. You gotta do what the old dude says and point your hips!!!!

---

Anyways my only complaint so far is you can only play Snipperclips with the joycon sideways which seems odd for singleplayer. That was in TV mode though so maybe if i'm in Switch mode it'll figure itself out.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I'm constantly checking my phone, not sure what's gonna be delivered first, my niece or my Switch. This might come down to the wire.....

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

HyperPuma posted:

is anyone having issues with the wifi?

For a moment so far, kind of panicked because I thought it was another Wii U situation but I restarted the Switch and it was fine.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My switch is in a box in my bag and I am just packing up to go home from work before I take it over to Lady Videogames later.

It is a really good and informative OP. Also, I only change thread titles when threads start posting really, really badly. Hopefully this one will not suffer like the last two.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Desync on left joycon is abominable. Just resting it in my lap (in the grip) kills the connection at a distance of 8 feet or so.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Anyone getting the left Joy-Con sync issue that was reported before launch? I'm getting it, makes navigating the menus hell and Snipperclips was un-playable because of it. Thankfully I brought the pro controller, which is working fine.

Hopefully Nintendo addresses this sooner rather than later.

thexerox123 posted:

I'm curious, does Snipperclips have a single player mode, and how does it work?

I played the demo some of the demo, it does. You just hit a button to switch between characters, I guess none of the puzzles require you to move both characters at the same time.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Jimmy Hats posted:

Lol I got it first try, by accident. You gotta do what the old dude says and point your hips!!!!

---

I only read that after I ran out of trees.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

VideoGames posted:

It is a really good and informative OP. Also, I only change thread titles when threads start posting really, really badly. Hopefully this one will not suffer like the last two.

Sorry for your lots

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Veotax posted:

I played the demo some of the demo, it does. You just hit a button to switch between characters, I guess none of the puzzles require you to move both characters at the same time.

Cool, thanks!

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

quote:

The same goes for that "patch" that supposedly addressed Joycon desync issues which are hardware based and will NOT be fixed with a patch. Those people purporting that could be done, or WAS already completed with the Day 1 Patch, have mysteriously vanished as well.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 3, 2017

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Neither my Amazon order has updated and my BestBuy order has finally left.... Northern California and it's only shipped UPS Ground so yeah, I'm definitely not getting that this weekend. Time to chew out BestBuy I guess?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Out for delivery!
I can't wait to ignore the entire world for a day.

The last time I got to marathon a game, I was still in highschool.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
From what little I used the joycons during the setup I gotta say I'm not crazy about using them exclusively. They're so tiny and the joysticks feel puny. Glad I sprinted for a pro controller

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I rolled into wal mart last night and they probably had about ~20 consoles that were for walk ins (I had a pre-order). When I left, there were 2 left for walk ins (and only 4 more people in line). They still had about 10 pro controllers left (I think they probably got about ~20 in). They sold out of the special edition Zelda with the guy before me. They had a million copies of the physical normal game. They didn't sell one single set of extra joycons.

Also, Zelda is incredible and the system/joycons feel so drat good.

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 3, 2017

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Was this through Amazon? Mine is still showing as preparing shipment and chat rep said it's still guaranteed for delivery today. :ohdear:

Best Buy dude. UPS wanted to change my poo poo to Monday for absolutely no reason.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Haven't been to the stores myself, but according to my brother our local best buy has a crapload of them available

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Like you guys Nintendo's newest console and best game ever is waiting for me at home to pleasure me what a world we live in

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

Out for delivery!
I can't wait to ignore the entire world for a day.

The last time I got to marathon a game, I was still in highschool.

This. Off today but work back to back 12's tomorrow and Sunday. Will get a ton of usage in handheld mode though, assuming work stays slow (it won't).

FWIW, my brother has about a 10ft gap between the JoyCons and Switch in the dock and hasn't had any JoyCon desync issues.

Also, Brickseeker had an identical amount of equipment as they listed at my local Walmart. That's great to know as it was my first time using them for a release on anything.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
The switch should be able to charge via a normal tablet wall-wart right?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Is there a ps4 rest mode equivalent on switch? ITs a very convenient feature especially for a tablet to just sleep and jump back in right where I was.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

The switch should be able to charge via a normal tablet wall-wart right?

You won't be able to charge and play at the same time and you'll need a USB-A to -C cable

Grimes
Nov 12, 2005

Dr Cheeto posted:

You won't be able to charge and play at the same time and you'll need a USB-A to -C cable
Wait, what? You can't charge and play the Switch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Utnayan posted:

The same goes for that "patch" that supposedly addressed Joycon desync issues which are hardware based and will NOT be fixed with a patch. Those people purporting that could be done, or WAS already completed with the Day 1 Patch, have mysteriously vanished as well.

Well some Bluetooth radios have power states/levels that could be set via firmware and modern controllers (PS4 and XB1) are firmware update-able. So people pondering if there could be a patch to fix the issue isn't unreasonable. No one was 100% sure of the issue and whether it was a hardware limitation or not. People still aren't sure of the issue cause and any adjustments to the radio would need to be recertified before a patch is rolled out.

But ya, it could be a hardware limitation and we are stuck until a joycon+ or whatever is released

• Locked thread