Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mormonpartyboat posted:

speaking of higher level vibrations and reality distortion fields, holy poo poo bill mitchell send me some of what you're drinking

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/837705602965065728

This makes perfect sense if you start from the position of 'nothing that trump or his administration does can ever be wrong in any way no matter what'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

chapo people were crowing about how the lamestream liberal media had been tricked by a 4chan hoax when the piss memo broke, those tweets didn't age super good lol

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Fallen Hamprince posted:

all the whining about that piece is kinda funny though considering the jacobin ran a 'liberal identity politics and the alt-right are actually the same' story like a month ago

yeah Jacobin can be real dumb from time to time and there is kind of a problem where the left accepts right-wing framing of things

but still lol at handwringing over the alt-left and comparing them to loving nazis

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

empty whippet box posted:

This makes perfect sense if you start from the position of 'nothing that trump or his administration does can ever be wrong in any way no matter what'

amen

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

So it makes sense if you're a brain damaged retard. Like millions of americans.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
chapo and jacobin can be dum-dums, but theyre our dum-dums god drat it

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

mormonpartyboat posted:

speaking of higher level vibrations and reality distortion fields, holy poo poo bill mitchell send me some of what you're drinking

Is this some kind of mashup of Just World Fallacy and '"innocent until proven guilty?"

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

"Sean who? And why does this Pat lady keep calling me?" - everyone on Fox News

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Tucker Carlson and glen Greenwald pool their intellects to root out the Bad Journalists

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

No!

QUICK GET INTO THE OTHER CONSTRUCT

THE FOOL HAS RECKLESSLY UNLEASHED THE WORD OF QRA!!! :byodame:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I wanna say a thing I said already in another thread so I'm gonna self-quote

loquacius posted:

Like, a full paragraph of that article was talking about the idea of not hero-worshipping Meryl Streep as though this were some terrifying undercurrent of hate :ohdear:

Beware Democrats, for some among ye will spurn The Great Circlejerk, and are forever cursed to bear the name of "ALT"

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

chapo people were crowing about how the lamestream liberal media had been tricked by a 4chan hoax when the piss memo broke, those tweets didn't age super good lol

Yeah there's really egg on their face now that nothing has changed with that dossier

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The Rachel Maddow Show posted:

Is this latest thing the Trump campaign did historical in any sense? With me now to drone on endlessly about it is Michael Beschloss, Presidential Historian and most boring human being on the loving planet...

God he's so boring

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Slamhound posted:

Is this some kind of mashup of Just World Fallacy and '"innocent until proven guilty?"

No, that implies the use of any logic at all

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fiction posted:

Yeah there's really egg on their face now that nothing has changed with that dossier

the pee-pee incident was comedy gold but yeah it really failed to take down the president of the USA

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

REDPILL BITCH

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

No!

QUICK GET INTO THE OTHER CONSTRUCT

THE FOOL HAS RECKLESSLY UNLEASHED THE WORD OF QRA!!! :byodame:

*swan dives into planet*

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Mariana Horchata posted:

*swan dives into planet*

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
Beschloss is real boring and also Maddow shouldn't have Dan rather on anymore because his weird squishy mouth noises are increasingly intolerable

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
Drink some fuckin water dan

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fallen Hamprince posted:

all the whining about that piece is kinda funny though considering the jacobin ran a 'liberal identity politics and the alt-right are actually the same' story like a month ago

that isn't wrong though; the alt right quite literally IS identity politics for the dumbest people on earth.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mariana Horchata posted:

*swan dives into planet*

I played the game exactly how it was meant to be played okay~ No regrets

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

The journalism at its worst, it's... it's coming from INSIDE THE STUDIO!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/VP/status/825031823709323264
https://twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano/status/837709298184544256

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Fiction posted:

The 4chan hoax story was itself a 4chan hoax, some anon posted a story about how he wrote it and it got spread to altright twitter where a bunch of irony communists believed it because it made them feel good

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

that isn't wrong though; the alt right quite literally IS identity politics for the dumbest people on earth.

this is true but they did some ultra-doofy "wehn u think about it, the safety pin thing is kinda like the alt-right" take

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Tucker Carlson and glen Greenwald pool their intellects to root out the Bad Journalists

The intercept is a honeypot for bad journalists?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

i swear to god it is simultaneously sunny and flurrying here in DC right now

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Is there Spicy Time today?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

mormonpartyboat posted:

:psyduck:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

quadrophrenic posted:

Beschloss is real boring and also Maddow shouldn't have Dan rather on anymore because his weird squishy mouth noises are increasingly intolerable
She always teases that he's gonna be on and she makes it sound like some superbeing from another planet is gonna show up and then it's just Dan Rather

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

O just O

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

What's scary is Trump just sees this as his moment in the sun. The one bright spot in his time as President so far. He's a business man and he's already doing the math "One dead Seal got me all that praise. Imagine a 100! Or a Thousand! I need to call Matis. Let's get going on Iran or somewhere. Knock this Russia bullshit off the front pages and get some good press for a change..."

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

"Identity Politics" is a loving stupid term because literally all politics is about identity, especially since the people who say it most follow an ideology based entirely around class identity

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

The 4chan hoax story was itself a 4chan hoax, some anon posted a story about how he wrote it and it got spread to altright twitter where a bunch of irony communists believed it because it made them feel good

I really don't think the thesis of the post you are responding to was "but it was a 4chan hoax"

"no 4chan hoax, no 4chan hoax, you're a 4chan hoax"

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tacodaemon posted:

i swear to god it is simultaneously sunny and flurrying here in DC right now

"It's Always Simultaneously Sunny and Flurrying in DC"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
*jnana mudra gesture* all men fall prey to hot takes, eventually

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

paranoid randroid posted:

*jnana mudra gesture* all men fall prey to hot takes, eventually

The take-heat-death of the universe

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer
let me deliberately misunderstand things and then get really mad about chapo,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

"Identity Politics" is a loving stupid term because literally all politics is about identity, especially since the people who say it most follow an ideology based entirely around class identity

the people who say it most are actually trumpists, the majority of Bernie people love social justice poo poo

the idea that there is a divide between idpol and ecpol is a lie meant to discredit one or the other of them depending on the speaker

• Locked thread