Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Deakul posted:

Yes, yes we do. :colbert:

It's an excuse to have tomb raiding and that is cool and good to me!

I'm cool with it as a background story element, I just don't want it to be the main plot of the game. I, too, am excited for tomb raiding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
God drat Scott Ryder is a goob. If your facial hair grows in that patchy you shave that poo poo.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Spikeguy posted:

Who the hell designed those coffee mugs. Those tiny handles kill me.

They're part of a crossover event with Prey 2.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DrNutt posted:

God drat Scott Ryder is a goob. If your facial hair grows in that patchy you shave that poo poo.

As a man with patchy facial hair I can attest that it is better to have some than none, especially when shaving makes you look like a 30 year old baby.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Pattonesque posted:

:vince:

I love how the IGN guy doesn't even bother to check on Ryder's sister lol

Pretty sure that was for spoiler reasons. Also is it me, or did I hear Jennifer Hale in the scene after this one?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Decius posted:

This looks a lot better than what we've got until now. Now there are big leaps in animation, texture and facial expressions noticeable compared to the old games. I feel a lot better about the game now.

That's good to know because I don't want to watch that video

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
Looks like the dialogue system got further dumbed down but at the same time given the illusion of depth. Now we have 7 different way out of 8 to say "yes" to a quest giver.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Is it just me or is the lip syncing kinda off? I can't tell if it's slightly mistimed or the animations just look weird.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Spikeguy posted:

As a man with patchy facial hair I can attest that it is better to have some than none, especially when shaving makes you look like a 30 year old baby.

It's not.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

DrNutt posted:

It's not.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Oh cool another story about daddy issues.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Spikeguy posted:

That's disgusting. You should get your beard to do a couple of push-ups, bulk up a bit.

A bit like a homeless fella trying to class himself up by wearing that moth-eaten patchjob of a blazer he took off a dead clown stuffed in a dumpster a few years back, innit?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

all facial hair must be destroyed

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

AriadneThread posted:

all facial hair must be destroyed

I just want to keep getting carded forever :shrug:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Deakul posted:

I will not be watching this.

edit: I watched this. :negative:

You have no patience which is why you gently caress every blue thing in the Galaxy.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Pattonesque posted:

I love how the IGN guy doesn't even bother to check on Ryder's sister lol

I love that it's an optional objective!

Also, holy poo poo is this ever looking like Daddy Issues: The Game. Like, it's always been a joke about the cast in Bioware games, but I think this might be the first time it'd been so front and center as a major theme.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Yesssss this is what I loving wanted

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

It really does look like more DA:I style open zones.

I am totally okay with that, provided that the new car lets us traverse things at roughly ten times the speed of that stupid, useless horse in Dragon Age.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

DrNutt posted:

God drat Scott Ryder is a goob

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
is this good or not

https://gfycat.com/YearlyVillainousAzurevasesponge

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
oh my god the Asari's face.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

So are male characters always going to be named Scott and female characters always going to be named Sarah? Or do the voice lines change if you happen to use the default name/appearance?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Harrow posted:

So are male characters always going to be named Scott and female characters always going to be named Sarah? Or do the voice lines change if you happen to use the default name/appearance?

Much like Mass Effect 1-3, you're almost certainly only ever going to be called "Ryder" or "Pathfinder"

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Kibayasu posted:

Much like Mass Effect 1-3, you're almost certainly only ever going to be called "Ryder" or "Pathfinder"

or, for scott, Nerdlinger.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sure, I'm just wondering about the voiced lines in that preview that call the player "Scott" or "Scott Ryder." Maybe they just skip over those if you name your character something else?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Harrow posted:

You can change them from the default, but you lose the Scott/Sara if you do and everyone just calls you Ryder or Pathfinder.

It's a neat little touch for folks who don't mind the default names.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 3, 2017

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

You can change them from the default, but you lose the Scott/Sara if you do and everyone just calls you Ryder or Pathfinder.

It's a neat touch for folks who don't mind the default names.

deffo a bonus

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Harrow posted:

Sure, I'm just wondering about the voiced lines in that preview that call the player "Scott" or "Scott Ryder." Maybe they just skip over those if you name your character something else?

I only remember hearing people say Sara; I don't think the twin you don't choose is namable. Like what Fallout 4 did.

E: why did they edit out the character creator?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Admiral Ray posted:

or, for scott, Nerdlinger.

I'm hoping the character creator has huge Coke bottle glasses we can put on him.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

epenthesis posted:

I only remember hearing people say Sara; I don't think the twin you don't choose is namable. Like what Fallout 4 did.

In the "first 13 minutes" video, they do call the player one "Scott" a couple times.

Skippy McPants posted:

It's just a neat little touch for folks who don't mind the default names.

Cool, that's what I figured.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

lol me I thought the asari was drooling on that gif

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

Harrow posted:

In the "first 13 minutes" video, they do call the player one "Scott" a couple times.

Huh. Not what F4 did, then. I guess recording all the variations of "Mr. Fuckface" wasn't the best use of development resources.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

That's amazing.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Baron Corbyn posted:

he says "a handful" in that video.

Dammit, I can't even fit one planet in my hand

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
At 0:46: 'Comet Jarovbees, logged by its Angaran name...'

I see what you did there, Bioware.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Oh gee, I saw that exploration video. You need to recharge the Mako-ng's life support? Meh.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

Skippy McPants posted:

I love that it's an optional objective!

Also, holy poo poo is this ever looking like Daddy Issues: The Game. Like, it's always been a joke about the cast in Bioware games, but I think this might be the first time it'd been so front and center as a major theme.

I'm assuming dad gets liquified within half an hour, which will put an end to that.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Only one certain super hostile planets, but yeah, I think I would prefer if the Nomad was safe from that stuff. Maybe it has enough protection it doesn't matter or doesn't come up much, not unlike lava on... was it Feros?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

epenthesis posted:

I'm assuming dad gets liquified within half an hour, which will put an end to that.

Maybe he'll get space madness and go all Colonel Kurtz on some inhospitable planet.