Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

Russia is p bad

I saw John Oliver do a segment on this and I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Trump spotted in poorly fitted track suit

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

JeffersonClay posted:

I'm not imagining Glenn Greenwald or the Jacobin and the dumb leftists who parrot their nonsense on this issue.

now that's silly, you imagine them every time you close your eyes

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

logikv9 posted:

Trump spotted in poorly fitted track suit

Video Footage of Trump Trying To Catch Log

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
no e-mail no e-mails, you're the e-mails

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Homeless Friend posted:

no e-mail no e-mails, you're the e-mails

emails are very 2007

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

has any democratic sycophant itt done an analysis on how much the democrats lost the election because they put a wall st candidate at the top of their ticket after kneeling down to wall street for eight straight years?

oh wait that's not in the memo and not being pushed by NPR et al for an explanation for why democrats lost. it was the russians. carry on.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

it's me, Glenn Greenwald, Jacobin, and every other individual person JeffersonClay is mad at

posting ITT as one

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

comedyblissoption posted:

has any democratic sycophant itt done an analysis on how much the democrats lost the election because they put a wall st candidate at the top of their ticket after kneeling down to wall street for eight straight years?

oh wait that's not in the memo and not being pushed by NPR et al for an explanation for why democrats lost. it was the russians. carry on.

please dont success-shame the candidate of POC

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

because it can only be one thing that caused the plane crash and not a collection of things :jerkbag:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
What if I think that the Trump admin being compromised by Russia is bad but I also think Hillary was a bad candidate and lost because of being a bad candidate and not because of Russia?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gringostar posted:

JED! Bartlet as a fictional character was a bad president, a bad father, and a bad leftist

John goodman was a better president than Bartlett in the the like four days he was president

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Gringostar posted:

because it can only be one thing that caused the plane crash and not a collection of things :jerkbag:

it's more important to focus on the actual controllable things imo

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Grondoth posted:

The Russian Thing No One Cares about : The Russians Stole The Election!

The Russian Thing Everyone Cares about : Goddamn Look At These loving Crooked rear end Connections Everyone In Trump's Cabinet Has

I'm about to blow your mind. The latter is important if there was a quid pro quo. The former is the "quo", and easing sanctions on Russia was the "quid".

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Thoguh posted:

What if I think that the Trump admin being compromised by Russia is bad but I also think Hillary was a bad candidate and lost because of being a bad candidate and not because of Russia?
[long beep] I'm sorry, but your position does not fit into either of the existing [robot voice] STRAW MAN categories. Please hang up, and dial again when you are the person we need you to be. Thank you.

[click]

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Thoguh posted:

impossible

there can only be one bad thing at a time

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Also what if I care that a bunch of States are currently getting Wisconsined because the Democrats got utterly destroyed in the downticket and think that a lot of that was because of what they stand for and only indirectly because of Clinton (since the Clintons have had amount of influence in what the Democrats stand for but they aren't the only people involved in that)?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/837722869106880517?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

ahahahah, owns

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I hope they do this, it would be amazing.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

guy in the back looks stoned af

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

[long beep] I'm sorry, but your position does not fit into either of the existing [robot voice] STRAW MAN categories. Please hang up, and dial again when you are the person we need you to be. Thank you.

[click]

ftr im pretty sure most people in here fit into the category thoguh mentioned, it's just that they also correctly identity the issue as one dem politicians are pushing in an attempt to avoid any kind of change or personal responsibility for landing us in this loving mess

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I will always love how dems played up the Russia angle, then turned around after they lost said it's cool & handed over power no problem, then turned around again yelled about it. lol, really put themselves in a spot there.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

I will always love how dems played up the Russia angle, then turned around after they lost said it's cool & handed over power no problem, then turned around again yelled about it. lol, really put themselves in a spot there.

it was extremely important to look presidential one last time

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

please do this

unironically please do this

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

UHD posted:

the russian thing is important in so much as nobody should be happy a foreign power is loving with our elections and our elected officials were probably bought by the same
the united states has done far far worse and leaking a tiny amount of dnc emails and podesta's emails is like the tiniest piss into the ocean ever.

you also have to keep in mind that these remain allegations and there's literally been zero public evidence released that the russian government had any involvement in any of this.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

the united states has done far far worse and leaking a tiny amount of dnc emails and podesta's emails is like the tiniest piss into the ocean ever.

you also have to keep in mind that these remain allegations and there's literally been zero public evidence released that the russian government had any involvement in any of this.

literally the "you think we're so innocent" defense

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the things that russia is alleged to have done to sway the election is so loving small it boggles my mind that the media and democrats are able to run with it and then a bunch of forums posters hear about it and wave the banner in earnest itt

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I can't believe Russia hacked the house, the Senate, 13 governorships, the supreme Court, and hundreds and hundreds of state legislators.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

the things that russia is alleged to have done to sway the election is so loving small it boggles my mind that the media and democrats are able to run with it and then a bunch of forums posters hear about it and wave the banner in earnest itt

multiple people in the trump administration being connected to russia is totally unimportant

meanwhile lets obsess about how hillary being connected to wall st was important

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

whataboutism

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

fwiw the files stolen in the watergate breakin were minor and played no role in nixon's '72 win

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
whats really hilarious about this thread

was people literally minutes ago from that tweet

were saying russia didn't matter

but trump made it matter just by farting in the wind

owns

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The Brown Menace posted:

Lol my dude the president is a celebrity

And a reality TV/wrestling one too so you might have to go for the ol "beheading yourself with a chainsaw" suicide

https://mobile.twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano/status/827045317744918528

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Gringostar posted:

multiple people in the trump administration being connected to russia is totally unimportant

meanwhile lets obsess about how hillary being connected to wall st was important

no you see candidate connection to thing is minor when i am attempting to downplay your concern over it and/or win an anonymous internet battle for the SOUL OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Ace of Baes posted:

I can't believe Russia hacked the house, the Senate, 13 governorships, the supreme Court, and hundreds and hundreds of state legislators.
john podesta's email account was the key to the entire election

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

question, is JeffersonClay so convinced that Russia literally hacked vote totals that he made vaguely-threatening posts about it in my direction for some reason (aw shucks, guess I shouldn't have hacked all those voting machines), and does he think "the Russian thing" is all one thing and will bring down Donald Trump and usher in 1000 years of centrism?

because I dunno how to say this but we'll be lucky to actually bring down Sessions

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Trump's administration has unsavory ties to Russia that will get a bunch of them in deep trouble because they lied about it under oath, and them going down is a good thing

~AND~

the election was not literally decided by Russian hacking jesus christ

Both of these facts can coexist, everyone say it with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

whats really hilarious about this thread

was people literally minutes ago from that tweet

were saying russia didn't matter

but trump made it matter just by farting in the wind