Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Batterypowered7 posted:

Where's the insert? Why even have the clips there?

LA-H-AAAAA-USA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

r u ready to WALK posted:

Playing Zelda while making GBS threads feels pretty good IMO

making GBS threads on it feels much better.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I can choose between Switch and OUYA, which one has more raw power, that's the key point for me

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Rutibex posted:

10/10 best game of 2017. can't be bothered to include an instruction manual

Nintendo systems have digital menus accessible from the cart now

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dr Cheeto posted:

Nintendo systems have digital menus accessible from the cart now

Do games even have instruction manuals now beyond a page to say "here's how to put in the cart/disc because you must be a freshly unthawed neanderthal playing a game for the first time"?

Who even reads manuals for games? It's a loving game.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

It's all handled by the mandatory tutorial. Pay close attention. Left mouse button fires. Let's try that 10 more times.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
watched Zelda on a stream for five minutes. Apparently 10/10 is the number of frames you get in an average second. Like holy poo poo bad. It barely even counts as animation.

Nice game, console dorks.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I prefer the Dark Souls method where all information about how to play or what any items/mechanics do is actively obscured from the player because gently caress you, that's why.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

bitmap posted:

enjoy zelda!

some reviewers calling it the best game ever made. sounds pretty rad. especially considering my rule about not listening to goons or user review scores

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Zorodius posted:

watched Zelda on a stream for five minutes. Apparently 10/10 is the number of frames you get in an average second. Like holy poo poo bad. It barely even counts as animation.

Nice game, console dorks.

lol you sound like every pc gamer whining about graphics on steam reviews

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I FINALLY got the new Nintendo!

Metroid and Zelda are just as awesome as I remember. Zelda II still sux.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Professor SJW posted:

lol you sound like every pc gamer whining about graphics on steam reviews
A new console released in 2017 can't hit 30 fps consistently at 720p. There's really no excuse for that at $300.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Philthy posted:

Zelda II still sux.

get really high and play it

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Leon Einstein posted:

A new console released in 2017 can't hit 30 fps consistently at 720p. There's really no excuse for that at $300.

at 1080p. it plays fine in 720p

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I'm watching a live stream and it's not looking laggy at all.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

nigga crab pollock posted:

You mean 900p when it's docked? Still pathetic.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Leon Einstein posted:

hey man im a pc game guy too with a fast rig but frame rate and graphics are just icing on the cake. the thing i care about is if the game is good

the fact switch has only one (apparently really really good) game is the thing that sucks about it. i dont care about hardware nerd poo poo

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

nigga crab pollock posted:

it runs into trouble at 900p

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I agree graphics don't matter compared to gameplay, but framerate dips can ruin games. If this system had good games and good online play, I'd possibly be interested.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Leon Einstein posted:

I agree graphics don't matter compared to gameplay, but framerate dips can ruin games.

true enough. is zelda choppy? i havent really read any reviews

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Horizon Zero Dawn has a menu option that lets you choose between "favor performance" or "favor resolution", why doesn't every game have that

Most modern games care more about how the graphics look in screenshots than how it performs in motion, I don't care if my game becomes a bit uglier as long as it keeps a consistent locked 30fps so please let us adjust it

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

When Capcom announces a Monster Hunter for the switch I will buy it.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is Horizon any good

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Heath posted:

Is Horizon any good

It's really, really loving good.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
This game looks like an exact Zelda 1 meets SNES Zelda but in 3D.

It looks fukin cool

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

lol loving user review sections man get rid of them already

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

r u ready to WALK posted:

Playing Zelda while making GBS threads feels pretty good IMO

where do you put the device when you need to wipe? sure at home you likely have a countertop but in a public restroom you have to put the device on the floor???

i guess ur jncos might have big enough pockets...

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I played WW and just got stuck sailing everywhere. gently caress that. Haven't played a zelda since.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Professor SJW posted:

true enough. is zelda choppy? i havent really read any reviews

It's pretty inconsistent :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpqaTdflkNU&t=450s

I'll be really angry if it runs smoother on the old wii u

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cthulu Carl posted:

Do games even have instruction manuals now beyond a page to say "here's how to put in the cart/disc because you must be a freshly unthawed neanderthal playing a game for the first time"?

Who even reads manuals for games? It's a loving game.

i donno man, the latest console system i own is a PS3 and most of those games seem to come with manuals. skyrim and fallout and GTA come with maps too. big open world zelda game feels like it could have come with a map. all the good zelda games came with maps

just seems kind of cheap not to have anything, this is supposed to be their big system seller

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Leon Einstein posted:

I played WW and just got stuck sailing everywhere. gently caress that. Haven't played a zelda since.

The HD version on Wii U cuts out 90% of the necessary fishing quests and gives you a sail that makes you go twice as fast, so they basically perfected the game

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Hello Nintendo can I play Candy Crush Soda on your new video game machine?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

rear end cobra posted:

Hello Nintendo can I play Candy Crush Soda on your new video game machine?

of course, but its referred to as a "nindie"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Professor SJW posted:

hey man im a pc game guy too with a fast rig but frame rate and graphics are just icing on the cake. the thing i care about is if the game is good

the fact switch has only one (apparently really really good) game is the thing that sucks about it. i dont care about hardware nerd poo poo

That's weird because apparently one of the selling points of BotW is how immersive it is and if there is one thing that quickly pulls you out of the immersion of a game it's poo poo chugging sub-30fps performance

I have no problems believing BotW is a fun game but you can't have your cake and eat it too

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

go back to reddit

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Games haven't had manuals for like 20 years

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

how did nintendo even find hardware so bad that it can't run a pretty simple looking game at 900 let alone 1080? I converted an 9 year old desktop into an HTPC and even that can play like skyrim at 1080 without dipping.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

then again I guess it's pretty tiny. I digress.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

So the console isn't really $300, you guys. A dock is $90, and a pair of Joycons will run you $80, so you're really only paying $130 for the console itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

It's really, really loving good.

I got nioh and nier coming next week. Horizon looked a little too much like farcry so I thought I would wait.

• Locked thread