Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

That did remind me since I woke up unusually early I said gently caress it I'll go buy some extra joy cons from Fred Meyer. About a dozen other unwashed nerds grabbing their systems & zelda when the guy right before me asked if they had the special edition or whatever it's called. When the lady behind the counter was all "0. regular game only" he goes off how he called and someone told him otherwise while getting pretty agitated. Whomever this lady was she has been doing this a while as she took on a pretty authoritative tone to tell the guy sorry miscommunication is there something else I can get you. Dude sat there for about 10s processing this before walking off.

Please be nice to retail workers they don't care about our nerd poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Extremely disappointed by the lack of 12Switch stories itt :(
If it was a pack in or €20 I would have considered it. It's a tougher sell at €50 when I've just dropped nearly €400 on the Switch and Zelda. I think a lot of people feel the same way.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I wouldn't mind a way to stream plex stuff tbh. Hell, if it could play music at the same time that'd be awesome too

Spotify or whatever would be handy for millenial rooftop parties.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Infinitum did a mini review a few pages back.

Made me want it more. But like for $15-20 instead of the $0 I was willing to pay before. Hoping it gets bundled with some joycons so I can have 4 for rooftop parties.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
TRacker told me blue and neon on Amazon. Just ordered. Monday.

GO GO GO,

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh my god please end workday

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Feenix posted:

TRacker told me blue and neon on Amazon. Just ordered. Monday.

GO GO GO,

You're the man (woman?), just got it with delivery for Monday. :toot:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
got me a new gangtag

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

squidgee posted:

You're the man (woman?), just got it with delivery for Monday. :toot:

I'm a man, baby, yeah....

Or a Man-baby, yeah...

Now if I could only get Zelda from Amazon for that sweet discount. :\

Ok, so check it... I want Zelda, natch. What other game should I get where myself and my (very smart) 4 year old boy could have a poo poo ton of fun.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Feenix posted:

I'm a man, baby, yeah....

Or a Man-baby, yeah...

Now if I could only get Zelda from Amazon for that sweet discount. :\

Ok, so check it... I want Zelda, natch. What other game should I get where myself and my (very smart) 4 year old boy could have a poo poo ton of fun.

poo poo, do they not have BoTW on Prime? I open palm slammed order before even looking at games.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
From my wanderings this morning:

Walmart: sold out.
Target: sold out.
Toys R Us: sold out, small amount available on Sunday
Frys: sold out
BB: sold out
GS: sold out.

Frys was weird. When I got there they had about 30 switch left but no more zelda and only 4 copies of dance. And a bunch of amiibo. Weird.

Zelda ME is rarest item
Then Pro Controller
Then Zelda SE
Then Neon console

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

FireMrshlBill posted:

I think it depends on the rep, when my DQ8 preorder was a couple days late I complained and they gave me an additional 30% off of the 20% discount. I'm sure a good rep would have given you a free month extension on prime or $5 account credit.

The exact follow up email:

quote:

After reviewing your previous correspondence with our customer service, I can confirm the information provided to you was correct. As my colleague mentioned, you have ordered for a Gray color console.

According to the order details, I see that you have placed an for the item "Nintendo Switch Console Gray Joy-Con" not a Blue and Red variation.

I realize this is frustrating; however we aren't able to offer any additional insight or action on this matter and any further inquiries regarding this issue won't receive a response.

Amazon seriously made me think I went crazy, because I remember selecting the Neon from a dropdown box when pre-ordering. But then, they split it to two different product pages after the pre-orders were up, so then I thought, "oh god maybe I *did* order the grey one on accident?!". A couple weeks after that, they merged it back to the dropdown list which brought back flashes of memory of me loving picking the Neon console. gently caress you, Amazon. loving pricks.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

squidgee posted:

poo poo, do they not have BoTW on Prime? I open palm slammed order before even looking at games.

It says they do and then you click it and it says its no longer available and to choose another method. And I can download it from them, I suppose, but no discount on digital, right?'

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

ChibiSoma posted:

So aside from Nintendo being incompetent as gently caress, is there a reason why the Switch keeps forgetting the wifi, won't let me sign in with my NID, and has absolutely no indicators to tell you when charging the stupid controllers is complete? Or why the left controller seemed to come with a near-full charge but the right one had absolutely zero? Or why, in god drat 2017 it doesn't come with a god drat AC adapter?

Oh wait that last one's so they can scam more money out of you. Because the 80 dollar price tag on extra controllers wasn't enough, I guess.
lol @ this post

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I do kinda regret not picking the neon but ah well I have my switch and my zelda and everything is good and pure

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I am flat outraged that some people got switches but it wasn't the pright bink one, this is outrageous.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Bombadilillo posted:

YMMV, I went to snag a pro controller from walmart and they were sold out of the console at midnight. My area has like 2 places you could buy one and one was sold out.
But every thing Im reading is stores getting 50, not 3 like the NES classic. Which I don't get, I though Nintendo was supposed to be getting rich by not selling things? Oh wait artificial scarcity is stupid as poo poo.

My interest in the NES classic is completely killed since it has been so long and have been unable to find one. At this point, I would much rather take that money and buy 12 NES virtual Consol games on the switch. If I was able to get an NES classic back in November I probably would have bought both

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

pliable posted:

Amazon seriously made me think I went crazy, because I remember selecting the Neon from a dropdown box when pre-ordering. But then, they split it to two different product pages after the pre-orders were up, so then I thought, "oh god maybe I *did* order the grey one on accident?!". A couple weeks after that, they merged it back to the dropdown list which brought back flashes of memory of me loving picking the Neon console. gently caress you, Amazon. loving pricks.

Source your quotes.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Astro7x posted:

My interest in the NES classic is completely killed since it has been so long and have been unable to find one. At this point, I would much rather take that money and buy 12 NES virtual Consol games on the switch. If I was able to get an NES classic back in November I probably would have bought both

well right now you can't do either!

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Feenix posted:

It says they do and then you click it and it says its no longer available and to choose another method. And I can download it from them, I suppose, but no discount on digital, right?'

Yeah, but no discount, and BoTW is kind of big for digital given the Switch's internal memory. I want to save the space for other games, but I guess maybe I'll suck it up and buy a memory card and go all digital. Going to have to buy one eventually anyways.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
And now I'm paranoid because I left my switch charging undocked that it might burst into flames

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Out for delivery, finially. Now as long as they actually accept my authorized leave it at my door instead of just tapping the missed you notice on my door without knocking I will be happy.

Calaveron posted:

And now I'm paranoid because I left my switch charging undocked that it might burst into flames

What?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Found a Pro controller. :toot:

The packaging was nice. The hardware is slick.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

irlZaphod posted:

If it was a pack in or €20 I would have considered it. It's a tougher sell at €50 when I've just dropped nearly €400 on the Switch and Zelda. I think a lot of people feel the same way.

hosed up :smith:

Where's the whales up in this. I demand someone waste their goddamn money and make their sister or roommate do old west duels and jack off cows.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
it feels wrong for a portable console to be this beautiful

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Calaveron posted:

I do kinda regret not picking the neon but ah well I have my switch and my zelda and everything is good and pure

Same here, but all I was able to find was black joycons. Oh well, I will eventually buy two neon joycons p

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
how to power down completely the switch?

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
Pre-ordered from Nintendo UK shortly after it became possible. Despite a couple of emails assuring me it would get here today, it has not. They told me it would be sent next day courier on the 2nd, in fact it was sent Royal Mail Tracked and has an estimated delivery date of 7th/8th March. Had a terrible week and this was to be my tonic this evening - lined up perfectly too as the wife is going out.

Seriously loving pissed off with Nintendo.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
For real though, guys. What other fun, awesome kid friendly game should I get?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I do wonder when stores will have Switches available again--like, whether we're talking weeks or months. I know I'm going to want a Switch eventually, so I'm tempted to wait to play Zelda until I get it if it's only going to be a couple weeks to a month. At the same time, I don't know how Nintendo's doing things this time and maybe they're just going to drip-feed out consoles for a while so as not to produce more supply than there's demand for? I dunno.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Harrow posted:

I do wonder when stores will have Switches available again--like, whether we're talking weeks or months. I know I'm going to want a Switch eventually, so I'm tempted to wait to play Zelda until I get it if it's only going to be a couple weeks to a month. At the same time, I don't know how Nintendo's doing things this time and maybe they're just going to drip-feed out consoles for a while so as not to produce more supply than there's demand for? I dunno.

Its a Nintendo handheld(sortof) If you aren't getting now Id wait for the switch lite.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Harrow posted:

Seems like probably a matter of weeks based on the sudden Amazon availability, store stocks, etc.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

still no switch but bomberman and zelda just came and neither cart has any sort of taste

???

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Feenix posted:

For real though, guys. What other fun, awesome kid friendly game should I get?

Snipperclips.

People freaking out over not getting the neon version:
Even if you don't pick up some neon Cons later, there are going to be a million skins and colored grips for this thing. Don't worry.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Here comes another dumb question:

How do I move a game from my microSD card to the system storage?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

still no switch but bomberman and zelda just came and neither cart has any sort of taste

???

Serious? Or reverse troll. Or its the taste in general a big troll? I don't know whats real anymore. Gonna lick Zelda.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Feenix posted:

FYI BoTW is back on Amazon as a physical copy.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Harrow posted:

Mr. Harrow you are posting every five minutes in multiple threads and I think you are going to drive yourself insane if you don't play Zelda immediately. No one in these threads can prognosticate the availability or demand the Switch is going to have. It's been available for Apx 13 hours. Look deep into your soul and ask if you want a Switch, if yes go buy one now because at the rate you're debating it you're going to own one before it'll ever go on sale. Buy it at full price and maximize the time you have to spend with it.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but you sound alot like what I used to debate in my head anytime I desperately wanted a new video fame. I've learned how I work and I don't try to convince myself otherwise when I really really want a new video game. Be responsible. If you can afford it and want it just go buy it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

squidgee posted:

FYI BoTW is back on Amazon as a physical copy.

Yep I just PM'ed you. Thanks for lookin out! ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

enojy posted:

Two things I wasn't expecting at all: portable mode is just good as gently caress, and hidden costs is for real. Now I need an AC adapter for my room, and a hard shell case so my cat doesn't walk all over it on my nightstand. There goes like $50 on nothing. At least I can safely bring it with me with the two, though.

Just get rid of the cat, more money for games.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 3, 2017

• Locked thread