Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I think I can speak for everyone that more laps under caution is a good thing and not boring at all. Also having every start up team go bankrupt crashing a car on the first race is pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Remove Yellow flags, crashed cars and parts become obstacles to avoid for the race. Monster would love it

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Elephanthead posted:

I think I can speak for everyone that more laps under caution is a good thing and not boring at all. Also having every start up team go bankrupt crashing a car on the first race is pretty awesome.

Nihilist Association of Stock Car Auto Racing

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Derrike Cope is entered for atlanta and theres only 39 cars entered so he's gonna race!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Godspeed Derrike Cope, and your inevitable brake issue on lap 5

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

How often do you guys worry that Trevor Bayne is just the new Derrike Cope?

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Bayne isn't the new Cope. Cope won twice.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Are there any good season review videos for the 80s 90s and 00s anywhere?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Norns posted:

Are there any good season review videos for the 80s 90s and 00s anywhere?

YouTube would be your best bet. I think they have a couple because I wanted to run some in CyTube one night.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja5wdwWMZtc

Bill Burr got to go to Daytona.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

lol I just watched this and was gonna post it

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

wicka posted:

How often do you guys worry that Trevor Bayne is just the new Derrike Cope?

Define "worry."

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

dentist toy box posted:

Derrike Cope is entered for atlanta and theres only 39 cars entered so he's gonna race!

Yay!

Cope's first Cup start since the fall Martinsville race in 2009. The three-time LASTCAR champion and former record holder returns!

SPiTZ
Aug 9, 2004

Slickdrac posted:

Remove Yellow flags, crashed cars and parts become obstacles to avoid for the race. Monster would love it

I think we need more than 39 cars for a true enduro race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiE7zp6DCaY&t=17s

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

SPiTZ posted:

NASCAR wants cheaper, that'd fit the bill

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
At the end of each stage, park all the cars diagonally down the length of a turn, and when the siren goes off, all the racers have to run up the banking, jump in their cars, start them, and take off. Fastest ones out are the leaders.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SPiTZ posted:

This is one of my home tracks.. My GF's friend's husband races here so I'll be spending a few more weekends here.. I"d prefer lancaster but the rules are different so he'll be at Holland.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Volkerball posted:

At the end of each stage, park all the cars diagonally down the length of a turn, and when the siren goes off, all the racers have to run up the banking, jump in their cars, start them, and take off. Fastest ones out are the leaders.

Every pit stop the drivers have to drink a glass of champagne*, whoever drinks the most bottles during the race is the winner.

*Bottles of High Life also count, as that is the champagne of beers

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

tater_salad posted:

This is one of my home tracks.. My GF's friend's husband races here so I'll be spending a few more weekends here.. I"d prefer lancaster but the rules are different so he'll be at Holland.

I initially read this as "My GF's husband..."

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Harveygod posted:

Same, I did a double take.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Volkerball posted:

Fun twist: the brakes are released when the siren goes off.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Harveygod posted:

Well I mean legally I am still married while things go through court.. one day she said something an long the lines of "you're the only married man for me" and I did a double take

Back on topic..Nascar keeps getting lame,support your local tracks on Friday and Saturday nights, it's entertaining.

Also no manufactured fake segments.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Volkerball posted:

Yeah bring back Le Mans starts!

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/836976986966880256

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dale Jr 2017 nascar twitter champion

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

Just in case von hasn't seen this yet.
https://youtu.be/UXLLSEdAM8g

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
70 subs lmao

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/markmartin/status/837473522020646912

Mark Martin loving owns.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dale Jr's podcast, shock, is pretty good.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

i am the son pussy

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

algebra testes posted:

Dale Jr 2017 nascar twitter champion

Remember. He had to join twitter because he lost a bet.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Didn't Mikey make Mark join Twitter? Anyway, I wish I could see that guy's face when he looks at his mentions tomorrow. His tweets look kinda boring and regular, I wonder what got his knickers in a twist.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Yahoo finally figured out how to disable non-entered drivers on the C-team so there's only the four people you can pick.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Elitist Bitch posted:

Didn't Mikey make Mark join Twitter? Anyway, I wish I could see that guy's face when he looks at his mentions tomorrow. His tweets look kinda boring and regular, I wonder what got his knickers in a twist.

The thing about the average NASCAR fan is they lead boring, normal lives while also holding dumb opinions of the sport that they'll gladly share on a whim. Couple this with being an older demographic that doesn't really "get" social media and you have that post.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Can't Cope enter 3 cars so he can switch every lap until they are all out because of the brakes? You got what 3 laps to get up to speed? There has to be a way to triple his winning.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

The thing about the average NASCAR fan is they lead boring, normal lives while also holding dumb opinions of the sport that they'll gladly share on a whim. Couple this with being an older demographic that doesn't really "get" social media and you have that post.

"Aside from that welcome to Trackforum."

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

Lilly Diabetes has just become the official diabetes health partner of the loving Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series.

Not making it up.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

:cawg::cawg::cawg:

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Gotta make up that $80 million gap for the title sponsor somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

In addition, FOX Sports announces several minor start time updates to its 2017 FOX NASCAR television schedule:

quote:

· Atlanta NASCAR XFINITY Series race on Saturday, March 4 (2:00 PM ET, FS1)
· Bristol NASCAR XFINITY Series race on Saturday, April 22 (1:00 PM ET, FS1)
· Richmond NASCAR XFINITY Series race on Saturday, April 29 (1:00 PM ET, FS1)
· Eldora NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race on Wednesday, July 19 (9:30 PM ET, FS1)
· Las Vegas NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race on Saturday, Sept. 30 (8:00 PM ET, FS1)
· Martinsville NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race on Saturday, Oct. 28 (1:00 PM ET, FS1)
· Texas NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race on Friday, Nov. 3 (8:00 PM ET, FS1)

gently caress you, NASCAR, some people nearly everybody at that drat racetrack has to work the next day. Including me. :ramsay:

• Locked thread