Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

SteelMentor posted:

I'm leaning towards waiting for the one with the spear, but the design is gorgeous.

WELL THEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

ijyt posted:

Though apparently it's £45 so get ready for that.

:wtc:
I better get this loving job, collecting the Banana Boys looks like it's gonna make my wallet weep.

Weep harder I mean.

Oh goddamn it, see?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Hixson posted:

I find this funny tbh. It's not that big of a deal

Lol Jesus loving Christ mate it's a massive error on the goddamn FIRST PAGE OF THIS £80 BOOK.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Are the books printed in England? They need to ship that job off to China for some decent quality control :v:

Status update: my book 5 I just received is perfect in every way, suck it awuuusers.

Hamshot fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Mar 3, 2017

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Lord Twisted posted:

Lol Jesus loving Christ mate it's a massive error on the goddamn FIRST PAGE OF THIS £80 BOOK.

It's a print issue.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

OhDearGodNo posted:

It's a print issue.
Approximately no one gives a gently caress. GW makes a big deal of branding, let GW sort it out.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

OhDearGodNo posted:

It's a print issue.

This just tells me they don't bother doing QC on their printjobs.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
FW keeping their brand consistent by not giving a gently caress about QA regardless of where stuff is manufactured or who by. If you picked up a book with zero easily catachable copy mistakes or a resin kit with no glaring issues you might be getting counterfeit goods. :ohdear:

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
I wouldn't give a poo poo if it's the printers. Just shows they don't have QA then. I haven't even bought the book and I'm raging about it.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Lord Twisted posted:

I wouldn't give a poo poo if it's the printers. Just shows they don't have QA then. I haven't even bought the book and I'm raging about it.

You should consider yourself lucky that they print the books in China. Can you imagine if they were printed in the UK? The QA checks be even more awful.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Lord Twisted posted:

This is a premium book for a luxury game. They don't have to make it at all. They probably don't make that much money off it anyways; this is a fan service. Be happy

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Hixson posted:

This is a premium book for a luxury game. They don't have to make it at all. They probably don't make that much money off it anyways; this is a fan service. Be happy

That is a terrible attitude to have. Entitlement has a place, and that place is after spending money on an overpriced book that sells itself as "premium" and is for a "luxury" game.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Hixson posted:

This is a premium book for a luxury game.
Exactly, so the QC has to be extra perfect.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Hamshot posted:

That is a terrible attitude to have. Entitlement has a place, and that place is after spending money on an overpriced book that sells itself as "premium" and is for a "luxury" game.

It's not overpriced. It's easily worth the money imo

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Hamshot posted:

lol what? The luxury aspect is what helps keep little scrubbies out of it. So what if sometimes on a few rare occasions there's a slip up here and there. it's still a luxury product with no equal on the market.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I think we need to clarify a few things here. I understand everyone is really excited about Inferno and are allowing their emotions to run wild, especially in regard to certain "faults" or "mistakes" in the books.

But you all need to understand that it's us, the ones who have been unconditionally supporting Forge World since the very first Horus Heresy book, that have allowed you to enjoy the benefits you have today. This is not entitlement, it's truth.

Plastic models? Because we bought the resin.
Books 7 and 8? Because we bought the first six.

Now I'm not saying that you should be thankful to us true players, the old guard, the first among the first, but you certainly should be aware of it before you speak and shame yourself any further.

If any of you are that bothered then go ahead and pass on the books until the next revision of the Red compilations. You know we allowed Forge World to be who they are without your help right? And we'll continue to do it without you whiny ingrates.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

I think we need to clarify a few things here. I understand everyone is really excited about Inferno and are allowing their emotions to run wild, especially in regard to certain "faults" or "mistakes" in the books.

But you all need to understand that it's us, the ones who have been unconditionally supporting Forge World since the very first Horus Heresy book, that have allowed you to enjoy the benefits you have today. This is not entitlement, it's truth.

Now I'm not saying that you should be thankful to us true players, the old guard, the first among the first, but you certainly should be aware of it before you speak and shame yourself any further.

If any of you are that bothered then go ahead and pass on the books until the next revision of the Red compilations. You know we allowed Forge World to be who they are without your help right? And we'll continue to do it without you whiny ingrates.

:yeah:

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Source your quotes.

In all seriousness, though, every games company needs to have a 'that guy' that goes over all their poo poo with the spergiest of eyes.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Mango Polo posted:

Source your quotes.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Felime posted:

In all seriousness, though, every games company needs to have a 'that guy' that goes over all their poo poo with the spergiest of eyes.

What more do you want from Forge World? They gave everything they had to you, to them. Look at what GW made of our resin dream. This bloated, detailless carcass of plastic is driven not by reason and quality, but by fear, jealousy, and ignorance. Better that the Horus Heresy had been cancelled in the fires of Kirby's mismanagement than lived to become this.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 3, 2017

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

adamantium|wang posted:

Honestly, do you get paid to leap in and defend these guys at every perceived slight? Or is it just a hobby?

Seriously, the loving Batsignal doesn't work this reliably or effectively

Am I annoying you? There is a mute feature. Go for it.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
If Inferno is considered a decent to high quality product, I can't WAIT to see a mediocre to poor one.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Mango Polo posted:

What more do you want from Forge World? They gave everything they had to you, to them. Look at what GW made of our resin dream. This bloated, detailless carcass of plastic is driven not by reason and quality, but by fear, jealousy, and ignorance. Better that the Horus Heresy had been cancelled in the fires of Kirby's mismanagement than lived to become this.

:perfect:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Eh, even with their poo poo editing the black books are worth it if your army is getting center treatment. To put it in perspective, if you're a Tksons nerd this book probably has more pages of hard wizard fluff about your marry band of misfits than all the chaos codexes combined. People get black books for the fluff and pictures, so they can flip through them with their pants off when their spouses aren’t home. If you are cheap you can just read the cliffs notes when they get posted onto a wiki. If you want hard rules instead of hard fluff stick to the red books. They still cost less than a GW codex and have more content.

This doesn’t excuse their editing, but it's so consistent I doubt they’ll ever change. I'm more miffed by the power creep and the issues in the actual unit entries. Inferno is jam packed full of content, but like I said when I first digested everything, it’s a step back in terms of overall quality especially since it took them so damned long.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

Eh, even with their poo poo editing the black books are worth it if your army is getting center treatment. To put it in perspective, if you're a Tksons nerd this book probably has more pages of hard wizard fluff about your marry band of misfits than all the chaos codexes combined. People get black books for the fluff and pictures, so they can flip through them with their pants off when their spouses aren’t home. If you are cheap you can just read the cliffs notes when they get posted onto a wiki. If you want hard rules instead of hard fluff stick to the red books. They still cost less than a GW codex and have more content.

This doesn’t excuse their editing, but it's so consistent I doubt they’ll ever change. I'm more miffed by the power creep and the issues in the actual unit entries. Inferno is jam packed full of content, but like I said when I first digested everything, it’s a step back in terms of overall quality especially since it took them so damned long.

You should just buy the black and red books when they come out. Forgeworld is a small studio and the added revenue from their book sales helps them come out with more premium quality miniatures.

Also power creep...wat?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Ghost Hand posted:

Am I annoying you? There is a mute feature. Go for it.

So I shouldn't focus on the negative but instead ignore the problem. Gotcha.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I can't tell when Hixson's serious posts blend into subtle, fineley crafted, poo poo posts

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
That would be because Hixson never does serious posts, right?

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

adamantium|wang posted:

So I shouldn't focus on the negative but instead ignore the problem. Gotcha.

Not at all what I am proposing. In fact I have said if you write to forgeworld@gwplc.com with the problems you have identified, they DO listen and take action. Or you can just go ahead and continue to complain to each other about what's wrong with GW and their products. It just doesn't seem productive. Likewise, all I am advocating for is some civil discourse. Sending FW a rage fueled hate mail isn't going to get much attention. Sending them a well thought out and critical email does get results.

The people there are VERY passionate about the game.

Look - I'm obviously catching a lot of poo poo here lately for defending FW. However, one of the reasons I started a Podcast about this hobby was because I love it. I ENJOY it. I enjoy sharing those experiences with others who enjoy the hobby as well. Over the process of doing the Podcast I have been fortunate enough to meet many like-minded gamers and hobbyists. I have also been fortunate enough to make friends with some of the people creating this game.

I strongly feel that there was too much negativity in this hobby over the last 10 years of my involvement of it. My show was one of the first to start focusing on what we all (supposedly) love about the hobby. Clearly I have hit a nerve because there are a lot of people listening to the show. We don't "rant" about the game. We DO talk about what we would like to see. I feel that our show spearheaded this type of movement within the community and I am proud of that. However, putting myself out there clearly means that I am a target for attacks against my position or even personal attacks. If you don't like my stance here on this forum, please DON'T listen to my Podcast because I imagine it isn't going to meet what you are looking for.

I don't see Inferno as something that is a bad or poor product. I am quite happy with my purchase. If anyone on this forum bought Inferno, lives in the US, and doesn't want it. Let me know. I am sure I have friends who will purchase it from you. I can help you out with that. Does Inferno have issues? Sure it has a few. I am already talking about some of those issues with people I know. In a positive and constructive manner. But if the book is 95% awesome, I don't let the remaining 5% dictate my enjoyment of it.

So posts like yours leave me with a couple of options as I see it. I'm still debating which of these is the right approach.

1. Stop advocating on these forums for what I believe.
2. Stop visiting these forums.
3. Ignore peoples responses.
4. Ask them to just go ahead and put me on ignore.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

There's nothing wrong with enjoying the hobby, otherwise none of us idiots would be spending hundreds of dollars a month on resin.

You just seem to lack objectivity.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

GW and FW have always had top notch customer service, even when they would send out poo poo casts.

Quit bitching and whining about how they are complete poo poo because a page is upside down, and contact them like any other adult would.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Ghost Hand posted:

Why try 4 before 1-3?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ghost Hand posted:

Not at all what I am proposing. In fact I have said if you write to forgeworld@gwplc.com with the problems you have identified, they DO listen and take action. Or you can just go ahead and continue to complain to each other about what's wrong with GW and their products. It just doesn't seem productive. Likewise, all I am advocating for is some civil discourse. Sending FW a rage fueled hate mail isn't going to get much attention. Sending them a well thought out and critical email does get results.

The people there are VERY passionate about the game.

Look - I'm obviously catching a lot of poo poo here lately for defending FW. However, one of the reasons I started a Podcast about this hobby was because I love it. I ENJOY it. I enjoy sharing those experiences with others who enjoy the hobby as well. Over the process of doing the Podcast I have been fortunate enough to meet many like-minded gamers and hobbyists. I have also been fortunate enough to make friends with some of the people creating this game.

I strongly feel that there was too much negativity in this hobby over the last 10 years of my involvement of it. My show was one of the first to start focusing on what we all (supposedly) love about the hobby. Clearly I have hit a nerve because there are a lot of people listening to the show. We don't "rant" about the game. We DO talk about what we would like to see. I feel that our show spearheaded this type of movement within the community and I am proud of that. However, putting myself out there clearly means that I am a target for attacks against my position or even personal attacks. If you don't like my stance here on this forum, please DON'T listen to my Podcast because I imagine it isn't going to meet what you are looking for.

I don't see Inferno as something that is a bad or poor product. I am quite happy with my purchase. If anyone on this forum bought Inferno, lives in the US, and doesn't want it. Let me know. I am sure I have friends who will purchase it from you. I can help you out with that. Does Inferno have issues? Sure it has a few. I am already talking about some of those issues with people I know. In a positive and constructive manner. But if the book is 95% awesome, I don't let the remaining 5% dictate my enjoyment of it.

So posts like yours leave me with a couple of options as I see it. I'm still debating which of these is the right approach.

Noone in this thread hates you, or the game. Despite appearances, this is not the death thread. We're all hundreds/thousands deep into this game. This thread has spawned two painting competitions, one with a stickied thread in the TG forum. We have a slack where we constantly talk about 30k all day.

It's just really grating when you seem to be unable to let any of the actual, legitimate concerns people have about FWs editing and QA pass without handwaving them off as irrelevant or "kind of funny" or whatever it was. You knowing people who want to buy Inferno does nothing to mitigate the fact that they hosed up hugely by delaying this book for years to get it right and then surprise, surprise its full of really basic editing gently caress ups that people were finding the same night it became available at the weekender. Did they even read it before sending it to print?

Months ago I posted in either the miniature painting thread or 40k thread about how I got a Sicaran that was so badly warped it was unusable and I was unsurprised that people buy from recasters when FWs QA is so bad. I said that I had less problems with recast models than I did with legit FW ones and it was a terrible state of affairs. You claimed you had to stop the conversation with me because you were getting too angry. If that isn't a sign you're too invested in defending FW no matter how indefensible some things are I don't know what is.

Take a step back. This company is not your friend. You may have friends that work there. The company is not your friend. You do not have to defend the company. We are not directly criticising the people behind it. We are criticising their editing process, QA process, etc. We are not saying they're assholes that should die. The company is not your friend. You do not need to defend the company.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
FWIW I, too, believe people poo poo all over ghost hand like it's their loving job if he so much as says "contact the people you got it from".

BULBASAUR posted:

I can't tell when Hixson's serious posts blend into subtle, fineley crafted, poo poo posts

Did I fall for Poe's Law replying to Hixon? So hard to keep tabs on the preferences of forum superstars these days.

e: reading tteribles post, never caught that whole "had to stop talking because got too angry" thing at the time. Maybe everyone should chill their jets a bit.

Hamshot fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 4, 2017

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I've never listened to IC, but a lot of people love it. Ghost Hand does a lot to promote the hobby, is by all accounts a great guy etc but holy poo poo please calm down defending everything FW or GW do.

Hamshot posted:

FWIW I, too, believe people poo poo all over ghost hand like it's their loving job if he so much as says "contact the people you got it from".

The conversation I mentioned in my previous post happened because I did contact FW and they essentially told me to go gently caress myself.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
It does seem like a significant amount of people who play Warhammer are relentlessly negative. A big part of why I like the ICs podcast and having people like Carl around is the positive attitude. You can tell that he doesn't think the game or the company that produces it is flawless, he just really likes this poo poo and enjoys the gaming and hobby of it all. People would generally rather listen to and engage in conversation with someone like that than someone who seizes on every error, bad rule, or idea, and takes it as personal affront or something. Screaming about it won't help you, do something constructive. Like if GW made me as furious as some of you dorks act like you are I'd have thrown my poo poo on ebay forever ago and moved on to something that I actually like.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Reynold posted:

It does seem like a significant amount of people who play Warhammer are relentlessly negative. A big part of why I like the ICs podcast and having people like Carl around is the positive attitude. You can tell that he doesn't think the game or the company that produces it is flawless, he just really likes this poo poo and enjoys the gaming and hobby of it all. People would generally rather listen to and engage in conversation with someone like that than someone who seizes on every error, bad rule, or idea, and takes it as personal affront or something. Screaming about it won't help you, do something constructive. Like if GW made me as furious as some of you dorks act like you are I'd have thrown my poo poo on ebay forever ago and moved on to something that I actually like.

Agreed. It isn't that difficult of a concept. If the game makes you miserable QUIT PLAYING. Love it or leave it

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Noone here is furious friend. Like I said in my first post, this thread is currently running two painting competitions and we're currently furiously shitposting about Phosphex in the Slack. We're just objective about FWs flaws instead of furiously papering over them whenever they are mentioned. I am sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
I'm not mad. I really dig Heresy era gaming. How can you not love playing Future Historicals?

I think it's unprofessional to have as many simple and glaring errors in a product.

These aren't conflicting viewpoints.