Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:smuggo: posted:

What you are seeing here is the result of our scheduling and planning process. We have a high level feature and content set that we want to achieve for Star Citizen and Squadron 42. The first step is to break these features into higher level tasks with which we populate Microsoft Project, JIRA and Shotgun (the three tools we use for project scheduling and tasking). Then, as we approach a task, Production works with the relevant developer(s) to make sure the task is broken up with enough detail to allow completion. Sometimes this means adjusting the initial task estimate, as things tend to come into a clearer focus when coming up on a task, but it almost always means breaking down the big task into a bunch of smaller tasks that have their own individual sub tasks that possibly are distributed to multiple developers.

Both tasks and sub-tasks get created in JIRA, linked under an Epic (which is a high level task or feature) and are then pulled into Microsoft Project to manage with granular detail providing us global visibility through Gantt charts and visual timelines. No developer works on a task unless it has been created in JIRA, prioritized and assigned by a lead or a member of the Production Team.

Then as the developers work on the tasks, Production will adjust the schedule and JIRA tickets to reflect the work being done.

In the schedule below, you will first find a master schedule that covers the broad departments/disciplines that are being developed. Each department will then have its own dedicated sub-schedule, briefly explaining the various features that are being developed and their current status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
So I got more spam from theirs. Said something about streaming from GDC. Did they even show anything new?

alf_pogs posted:

my first pc gaming experience was some racecar game called STUNTS and it had the best drat track creator of all time
Stunts was teh poo poo.

Too bad Trackmania didnt draw more attention.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:effort:

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

and Lando can't help but look away and grimace

Yeah, but that's like his thing. He does it in every video. I've been assuming they hired him just to act like that character from 'The Office'.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Good, they're almost done with NETWORK. That should fix all the lagging. They still have some work to go with GAMECODE but I can tell that they made some strides with MISCELLANEOUS and OTHER THINGS so we can cross those off the list.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:laffo: They might as well have just posted a big colored line and wrote "do stuff" on it.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Schedule report is out. Mar 23rd is the target date. :D

9 more months to 3.0 :D

quote:

We hope that this page will not only help explain our latest status, but also provide some explanations in the event that updates are delayed.

quote:

Tasks that delay beyond our target dates might cause the release of 2.6.2 to be delayed, or might be excluded from 2.6.2 if appropriate to maintain the release date target.

pffft, What are the odds this game could possibly delayed again. I trust this schedule whole wholeheartedly.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

What I look for in patch notes is things that aren't included and even if they were wouldn't do anything and literally no one cares. I definitely don't look for voluminous tomes like ED or FFXIV patch notes which describe huge additions and game changing changes in one line yet still manage to be 50 pages long.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/837811312222560257

Last bits

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Thrilling to see

AP fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 4, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tippis posted:

Why would there be any gluten in there to begin with?

For the same reason you can buy salt with a big fat gluten-free label.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

HycoCam posted:

drat I miss that game--them's were the days. Those kick rear end VGA graphics.

That loving codewheel though :argh:

Flying in a bomber was fun as hell, taking control of the various guns on a B-17...

That's why a game like Il-2 Sturmovik 1946 was, and still is, awesome as well. If it had the same appeal as War Thunder you'd see massive bomber formations with dozens of individual gunners and flak bursts blowing up people and...

:sigh: I miss the good ole days of 1946 sometimes.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

D_Smart posted:

Schedule report is out. Mar 23rd is the target date. :D

9 more months to 3.0 :D

If you had told a backer around Gamescom that 2.6.2 wouldn't be released until March, they'd flip their poo poo and call you a troll.

Now, it's Thursday.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

UK specific.

:gary:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The first game I remember was Starflight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwQLbgNGz6s

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Cool so 14th march gamecode will be all done, can't wait

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

I see Dave Haddock and all I imagine is the FuzzyModem mentor.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The first game I remember was Starflight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwQLbgNGz6s

Played that on the Mega Drive. Good game, but weirdly the instruction manual included basically a complete walkthrough for the game.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
I had Starflight on the Megadrive too. That game gave me a healthy appreciation of how terrifying high gravity planets would be. Was pretty entertaining to send my vessel into a crushingly high gravity planet and try and struggle against the inevitable pressure death.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

alf_pogs posted:

my first pc gaming experience was some racecar game called STUNTS and it had the best drat track creator of all time

This guy knows what's up.

Played hundreds of hours of STUNTS back in the day.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

Thrilling to see

I see they archered barnacle jim

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
The only flying game I've ever played is Pearl Harbor Zero Hour, my dad probably got it from an elementary school book sale almost 20 years ago.

It had a UFO and F16 which were unlockable by clicking on a plane in the background of the title screen.

It's probably way more fun that star citizen will ever be

e: other family pc games we had included zoombinis logical journey, a math blaster haunted house game, and I think oregon trail 3?

Pelican Dunderhead fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 4, 2017

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I'm the young Dave Liebe Hart twins.

Henry Scorpio
Mar 20, 2006

Maybe it just collapsed on its own?

Ha what is that from. Next they're going to need de-serialized variable, ETA June.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

DapperDon posted:

I just started DCS with the Flaming Cliffs 3 pack and I have to say it is really fun.

fc3 is pretty much the best value for money in DCS, good choice. if you ever decide to step the spergery up a notch, consider the A-10C. amazing level of detail and the BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT is glorious. if you have a wingman to play with you can also do cool stuff like sharing targets / POIs with the datalink, etc.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

:laffo: They might as well have just posted a big colored line and wrote "do stuff" on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f6CdZKAk2U

Tippis posted:

That just raises the exact same question: what's it doing there to begin with?
Gluten is amazing thickening agent. Next time you're cooking a stew try adding a small teaspoon of floor near the end, it will make a mindblowing gravy.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Sandi did all the eyeblink mocap I take it.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe is one of the greatest flight sims of all time and gently caress Chris Roberts. He only wishes he could make something half as fun, or stable.

Did you have the spinny wheel?

Do you still have the spinny wheel?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Propagandist posted:

Did you have the spinny wheel?

Do you still have the spinny wheel?

I had the spinny wheel, I do not know what happened to the spinny wheel :(. It saw a lot of use.

Also, where the gently caress is my RAMPART remastered edition and/or sequel that isn't a loving total cock-up?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Goobs posted:

people still think that saying derek's game is bad will make star citizen good? cool. glad to see things havent changed in 2 years.

They should see that the more Star Citizen sucks also doesn't make Derek's game any better, either though.

But it's ok because

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Seems like they are hitting their dates for 2.6.1 and 2.6.2, development must be picking up...

*releases patch for a feature that was supposed to be in the game over three months ago*

The are really stretching out what they are working on for 2.6.2. 5 out of 8 categories are bugfixing and one is non-16:9 monitor support...

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 4, 2017

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels

Jesus loving christ I assumed this was a joke. I assumed you were joking, goon man. I assumed nothing this stupid could actually exist even in CIG land. Jesus gently caress.

BACKERS: HOW loving STUPID ARE YOU? MOMA: PLEASE JUSTIFY.

e: woops

Raised by Hamsters fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 4, 2017

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Das Butterbrot posted:

fc3 is pretty much the best value for money in DCS, good choice. if you ever decide to step the spergery up a notch, consider the A-10C. amazing level of detail and the BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT is glorious. if you have a wingman to play with you can also do cool stuff like sharing targets / POIs with the datalink, etc.

The FC3 has the A-10 included which is why I got it. I am still doing the training modules to learn how to get it off the ground. I plan on getting into the Operation Blue Flag games once I get the hang of it. This game is not forgiving in any way and I am dying to BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT all over the place once I do.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Yay! The 6,000 bones in each characters head has finally paid off, and definitely won't be a bad idea later on down the road when the actual game starts choking on it's different calc cycles!

But right now in the stand alone editor connected to nothing it's amazing!!!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
"Our role here is to purely observe."

PMs received by a Goon

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Raised by Hamsters posted:

Jesus loving christ I assumed this was a joke. I assumed you were joking, goon man. I assumed nothing this stupid could actually exist even in CIG land. Jesus gently caress.

BACKERS: HOW loving STUPID ARE YOU? MOMA: PLEASE JUSTIFY.

Nope, this is what the production schedules have looked like since day one. The backers have been celebrating this for the last 4, or 5 months now. It's the most open development ever, and if you question it you are a troll and a terrible human being.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If SC gets released and is a not-poo poo game? Hell yeah I'd buy back in.

I love that the ONLY POSSIBLE REASON why we could be following SC is because we're obsessed fans who desperately want back in, and not because it's a hilarious shitshow.

As somebody who has never "been in" I confirm my only interest is watching the explosion. Though if it's a good game I'll buy it. If it's just passable I'll buy it just so they can be happy. :homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

trucutru posted:

For the same reason you can buy salt with a big fat gluten-free label.

But is the salt GMO free?