Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

When i played it a while back most levels were just costume dispensers

theres actually many, many good LBP levels probably more than anyone would ever have the time to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Does anyone know how much you have to spend in each region for this? I checked the blog and it says 50 Euro get 10 Euro back, but I'm betting it's not $AU50 get $AU10 back due to the weakness of the AU compared to the pound.

Not sure, maybe check the legal page in case it helps: https://playstation.com/legal/march-cashback

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ripley posted:

Not sure, maybe check the legal page in case it helps: https://playstation.com/legal/march-cashback

Cheers, between that and the comments (ugh) I think I've got it sussed.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cheers, between that and the comments (ugh) I think I've got it sussed.

There's a banner on the store that says Spend $75 get $15.

Ehhhh.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Tamba posted:

The main game on the japanese PS+ this month is...Umbrella Corps :smithicide:

Hey Famitsu gave it a 36/40 so maybe all those videos listing it as one of the worst games of last year and the blackest mark on a series that already has it's share of black marks were wrong!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

glam rock hamhock posted:

Hey Famitsu gave it a 36/40 so maybe all those videos listing it as one of the worst games of last year and the blackest mark on a series that already has it's share of black marks were wrong!

Are they buyable?

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

Dodoman posted:

I was going to pre-order Persona 5 so this is an added incentive I guess.

In Persona 5 news, why is it 3$ more on the EU store :colbert:

It's 17 dollars more in the Danish EU store, so even with the cashback deal in place there's not much point in not just buying it from a US account. :(

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

AAA games don't get made in Unity

Uuuuh Hearthstone wants a word with you. :colbert:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Why isn't Hearthstone on PS4

Blizzard throwing away easy money there.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Why isn't Hearthstone on PS4

Blizzard throwing away easy money there.

Cause they probably did the market research to show that console owners all have phones

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Skjorte posted:

It's 17 dollars more in the Danish EU store, so even with the cashback deal in place there's not much point in not just buying it from a US account. :(

Now that you say it. Why is it 69€ here and only 59$ in the US? Now I actually have to think if I really should get the steel book (which I only got because it's the same price as the digital edition).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Eezee posted:

Now that you say it. Why is it 69€ here and only 59$ in the US? Now I actually have to think if I really should get the steel book (which I only got because it's the same price as the digital edition).

Because publishers figured out a long time ago that they could make people in Western Europe pay more money for games.

Also, US prices don't have VAT included in them.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Policenaut posted:

Oh dang the Japanese also get Deception 4: Nightmare Princess, I would actually like that.

Was that one good? The original release got some pretty harsh criticism here.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Motto posted:

Was that one good? The original release got some pretty harsh criticism here.

I hated the original release but read a lot about how Nightmare Princess fixed a bunch of stuff but it's never been on deep discount so I've never bought it to see if they got it right the second time.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I played the first bit of it recently and it didn't seem that great. Does really feel like there's only one "right" way to solve each level.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

There's a banner on the store that says Spend $75 get $15.

Ehhhh.

I was going to renew my PS+ for the year anyway, so that means I just need to spend $5 more.

The PS store is a ripoff though so I could see being reluctant to spend $75 there when you could go to Big W or JB's and get more for the same amount.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The PS store is a ripoff though so I could see being reluctant to spend $75 there when you could go to Big W or JB's and get more for the same amount.

Wal-mart rarely has games for the prices the PS Store does.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Big W is an Australian retail chain, that wasn't a nickname for Walmart.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Is Ragnarok Odyssey Ace any good at all?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Getsuya posted:

Is Ragnarok Odyssey Ace any good at all?

No

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

No.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Nnnnnope.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Uuuuh Hearthstone wants a word with you. :colbert:

Huh. I would have figured it'd have been made in their in-house engine. Unless their in-house is actually Unity or based on it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Their in-house engine is the source engine, which most recently powered robot boxing goty Titanfall 2

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Titanfall 2 is on sale a lot and I'm always tempted to get it and now I've cooled on Overwatch I'm sort of tempted...

I don't really like CoD-style shooters, I prefer arcadey ones like DOOM. Where does Titanfall fall on that spectrum?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Well there are two things to consider. First is that the titanfall 2 single player campaign owns and is the best fps sp campaign in a long time.

Second is that multiplayer is different depending on what you are doing. On foot it's a lot like COD. In a titan it's slower paced because your time to kill is way up and it's more about outlasting other titans.

So......both?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Titanfall 2 is on sale a lot and I'm always tempted to get it and now I've cooled on Overwatch I'm sort of tempted...

I don't really like CoD-style shooters, I prefer arcadey ones like DOOM. Where does Titanfall fall on that spectrum?

The campaign is just super fun from level 3 to the end but its made by former cod devs so maybe u wont like it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If you think it sounds awesome to wreck poo poo as a 2 story tall robot, titanfall 2 is gonna be your poo poo.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

8-Bit Scholar posted:

It's got CoD TTKs, but you can wallrun at 100mph and you get a mech instead of killstreaks.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Speaking as someone who hates COD style gallery shooters I like Titanfall 2 a lot. Don't let that they previously made COD dissuade you.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Do I drop the 35$ on FFXV?

I don't NEED another big game as I've got Horizon and Witcher 3 to tackle right now. If the general consensus it positive I might pick it up on sale and shelve it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's well worth $35 but it might be cheaper by the time you're actually likely to play it.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Retro42 posted:

I don't NEED another big game as I've got Horizon and Witcher 3 to tackle right now. If the general consensus it positive I might pick it up on sale and shelve it.

How much do you like anime BFs? I would rate it's story 7/10. Also it's a short game compared to JRPGs.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
I bought it at launch and enjoyed just fooling around in it for 10-15 hours or so, but I shelved it after reading that it was going to have some storyline scenes added to make the story comprehensible for those who didn't watch the film. I don't think the plot is that gripping or that the characters are particularly interesting, but I had more fun traversing its world than I've had with a mainline Final Fantasy in a long time. Still, with Witcher 3 and Horizon I can't imagine you'd want to jump into FFXV anytime soon, and it seems like the game goes on sale frequently enough already that you don't have to jump on this one sale to get it at a decent price.

To the people who said to just jump into Yakuza 0: Thanks! I always thought I'd like the series, but I didn't expect it to scratch both my JRPG and my MGS (in terms of serious talky scenes and insanely silly asides) itch to this degree. I think it might be one of my favorite games of all time, and the first time in a long time that I've cared about the story in a console game to this degree.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Their in-house engine is the source engine, which most recently powered robot boxing goty Titanfall 2

Wait, so SC2 and D3 and Overwatch and all those are actually Source based? Holy poo poo.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Retro42 posted:

It's a lot of fun and it's actually not that long a game, I beat it in ~20 hours

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Wait, so SC2 and D3 and Overwatch and all those are actually Source based? Holy poo poo.

You're confusing valve and blizzard. Or am I? Wait.

E: it was me, I read hearthstone and my brain said DOTA for some reason

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Retro42 posted:

It's not really worth it. It's a barely half-finished, Frankensteinian mess of stapled together parts from several scrapped versions of the game, the story is really bad and incredibly poorly presented, and the gameplay has pretty much zero depth. Also every single sidequest except for one is just a boring fetch quest.

Oh, and they cut out big chunks of story to sell as DLC.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Skjorte posted:

To the people who said to just jump into Yakuza 0: Thanks! I always thought I'd like the series, but I didn't expect it to scratch both my JRPG and my MGS (in terms of serious talky scenes and insanely silly asides) itch to this degree. I think it might be one of my favorite games of all time, and the first time in a long time that I've cared about the story in a console game to this degree.

If you still have a ps3, you will probably enjoy Yakuza 3 to 5. They are not as polished as the new one, but they are the same serious sorry with very silly side missions.
There are also 30 minute recaps of Yakuza 1 and 2 included in 3, since the story is kind of connected in all the games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

Eezee posted:

If you still have a ps3, you will probably enjoy Yakuza 3 to 5. They are not as polished as the new one, but they are the same serious sorry with very silly side missions.
There are also 30 minute recaps of Yakuza 1 and 2 included in 3, since the story is kind of connected in all the games.

I thiiink I have Yakuza 3 and/or 4 thanks to PS+. I actually bought Yakuza 2 ten or so years ago, but never got around to playing it because I couldn't find a copy of the first game. I'm trying to avoid anything even remotely spoilerific (including skipping past half of what a fortune teller tried to tell me in Yakuza 0) because I like the idea of potentially getting to be surprised and delighted by half a dozen games, but I think I read that the original game is being remade, and if that's the case, I'll for sure get both that and the PS3 games eventually. More silly side missions sounds great!