Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

from beloved C-SPAM punching bag chris cillizza's friday wapo chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3UK9RYf28c

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Squizzle posted:

the bullshit on 95 south or what

No joke my roommate got in like 30 mins ago from her work out of a suburb NE of Philly, we're in Port Richmond

She left work at 5:30

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
By the way, the DHS wants to commit genocide:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-children-idUSKBN16A2ES?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

quote:

WASHINGTON Women and children crossing together illegally into the United States could be separated by U.S. authorities under a proposal being considered by the Department of Homeland Security, according to three government officials.

Part of the reason for the proposal is to deter mothers from migrating to the United States with their children, said the officials, who have been briefed on the proposal.

The policy shift would allow the government to keep parents in custody while they contest deportation or wait for asylum hearings. Children would be put into protective custody with the Department of Health and Human Services, in the "least restrictive setting" until they can be taken into the care of a U.S. relative or state-sponsored guardian.

Currently, families contesting deportation or applying for asylum are generally released from detention quickly and allowed to remain in the United States until their cases are resolved. A federal appeals court ruling bars prolonged child detention.

President Donald Trump has called for ending "catch and release," in which migrants who cross illegally are freed to live in the United States while awaiting legal proceedings.

Two of the officials were briefed on the proposal at a Feb. 2 town hall for asylum officers by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services asylum chief John Lafferty.

A third DHS official said the department is actively considering separating women from their children but has not made a decision.

HHS and the White House did not respond to requests for comment.

In a statement to Reuters, DHS said: "The journey north is a dangerous one with too many situations where children - brought by parents, relatives or smugglers - are often exploited, abused or may even lose their lives.

"With safety in mind, the Department of Homeland Security continually explores options that may discourage those from even beginning the journey," the statement said.

U.S. Representative Henry Cuellar, a Texas Democrat whose district includes about 200 miles (320 km) of the border with Mexico, slammed the proposal. "Bottom line: separating mothers and children is wrong," he said in a statement.

"That type of thing is where we depart from border security and get into violating human rights," he said.

About 54,000 children and their guardians were apprehended between Oct. 1, 2016, and Jan. 31, 2017, more than double the number caught over the same time period a year earlier.

Republicans in Congress have argued women are willing to risk the dangerous journey with their children because they are assured they will be quickly released from detention and given court dates set years into the future.

Immigrant rights advocates have argued that Central America's violent and impoverished conditions force mothers to immigrate to the United States and that they should be given asylum status. (Graphic: tmsnrt.rs/2m4aPAs)

LEGAL CONSIDERATIONS

Implementing the new policy proposal "could create lifelong psychological trauma," said Marielena Hincapie, executive director at the National Immigration Law Center. "Especially for children that have just completed a perilous journey from Central America."

Hincapie said the U.S. government is likely to face legal challenges based on immigration and family law if they decide to implement the policy.

The policy would allow DHS to detain parents while complying with a 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals order from July 2016 that immigrant children should be released from detention as quickly as possible. That order said their parents were not required to be freed.

To comply with that order, the Obama administration implemented a policy of holding women and children at family detention centers for no more than 21 days before releasing them.

Holding mothers in prolonged detention could also strain government resources, said Randy Capps of the Migration Policy Institute, a Washington-based non-profit.

“You are talking about a pretty rapid increase in the detention population if you are going to do this," Capps said. "The question is really how much detention can they afford."

Department of Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly last week ordered immigration agents to deport or criminally prosecute parents who facilitate the illegal smuggling of their children.

Many parents who arrive on the U.S.-Mexico border with their children have paid smugglers to guide them across the dangerous terrain.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Also a heads up I will be streaming THE NAKED GUN on tonight's psp.tv nite crew stream at 10pm est

Bring your full body condoms it's gonna get awfully wet

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

New C-SPAM DF lets play starts SOON. If you want in on the new fortress quote this post.

Dwarf me, thanks.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
rochelle is scaring me mommy

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Make America great again

quote:

Department of Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly last week ordered immigration agents to deport or criminally prosecute parents who facilitate the illegal smuggling of their children.

TRUMP!

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

Dwarf me, thanks.

That reminds me:

y/n on our Fortress having a thunderdome for criminals and mercenaries to fight for our amusement?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Mariana Horchata posted:

finally someone real itt

We could record it and have someone else release it as Mein Cum

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Venom Snake posted:

New C-SPAM DF lets play starts SOON. If you want in on the new fortress quote this post.

dwarf my poo poo up

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Venom Snake posted:

gently caress yes make me a dwarf please

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Robert Plant posted:

No joke my roommate got in like 30 mins ago from her work out of a suburb NE of Philly, we're in Port Richmond

She left work at 5:30

ouch hope shes got :weed: and an automatic transmission :poland:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Tonetta posted:

We could record it and have someone else release it as Mein Cum

fk it lots just do it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Venom Snake posted:

That reminds me:

y/n on our Fortress having a thunderdome for criminals and mercenaries to fight for our amusement?

get a load of this dcaf question

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Mariana Horchata posted:

good thing she wasnt an accelerationist

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=482tDopNzoc

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Maddow reporting that Sessons will do take backs on Monday, and file amended statements with the Senate.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

good thing she wasnt an accelerationist

good thing i am

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Fallen Hamprince posted:

she basically lived in pennsylvania for the last few weeks i have no idea where this meme comes from

I think she was in ohio quite a bit also.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mariana Horchata posted:

good thing i am

it didn't transform

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Venom Snake posted:

That reminds me:

well we have to do something with the day crew dwarves

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Mariana Horchata posted:

First part nah, she's dry and I can't anymore on account of work

But that's why we got plentya :poland: !

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Mariana Horchata posted:

fk it lots just do it

Hell yeahI where do you wanna meet and meat

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Maddow reporting that Sessons will do take backs on Monday, and file amended statements with the Senate.

Wait, does he get to do that? Is there literally a thing where he can go "nah jk guys here's what I meant" even though he totally 100% told the opposite of the truth the first time

if so then looooooooooooooooooool

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

after being confirmed nice nice

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

I'd say that poo poo balances out but it doesn't

gently caress me I miss weed

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Solarin posted:

I feel this is the same thing as like when we found Pence used an AOL account. Oops too late, already elected.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Tonetta posted:

Hell yeahI where do you wanna meet and meat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LSeuljbXg

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
ill be a dawdf

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Solarin posted:

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Venom Snake posted:

Yo I need a dwarf in this time of troubles.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

I....may NOT be....Kurt Cobain but I....WANT to shoot myself in THE....goddamn face

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
dorf me

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Venom Snake posted:

That reminds me:

can i dwarf and also of COURSE

im glad sessions gets to skate on perjury by channeling the spirit of steven urkel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya2xifdO_l0

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Can I be the dorf no one knows

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
V I D E O M U S I C C L U E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARP LARPer