Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Just need to finish this one last thing for work and then it is Zelda time. I tried playing the Snipperclips demo while on the toilet but got to the balloon level and wasn't sure what to do immediately and put it down for the time being.

Cyron posted:

the games are but i been having huge system errors on 2 systems i give up.

Wow, my launch PS4 is chugging along nicely (knock on wood).

PerrineClostermann posted:

I do want to note that the Switch is essentially the PSP. Home console-quality games/horsepower with convenient TV output. And I loved the PSP.

Still do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Imagine the PSP with more power coupled with the library the DS line grows. That's my hope

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Also, gently caress Gamestop! Someone close to me received some bad news today from their doctor and just wanted to come home and play Zelda on their new Switch over the weekend to take their mind off of it. Well the fuckos at Gamestop shipped Zelda, but never handed the Switch over to UPS. So it won't go out until Monday and there are none local in their area. I'd ship them one from here but it wouldn't get to them until mid-week when they will get the Gamestop one anyway.

So I am done with Gamestop for good. I'm already very upset with the news myself, so I am channeling it to that lovely loving company until I can fire up Zelda tonight and take it out on some Bokoblins with a tree branch or whatever.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Bombadilillo posted:

Hori update

Played Zelda for 3 hours straight docked. Hori screen protector looks good as new. My switch didnt feel hot at all.

Maybe some are not cooling properly? Someone in thread said there's got real hot. Louisgod maybe?

Haven't had a chance to try it fully but zero issues so far.

Couple questions:

-Is there an easy way to toggle wi-fi on and off like with the 3DS? All I'm finding is airplane mode and I assume that won't work well if you use the joycons off the tablet. Just don't want the wifi to kill the battery while I'm in handheld mode.

-Is there a setting somewhere on the Switch that'll turn your TV on when you dock it or do you always have to turn your TV on manually at the same time? Was really hoping my TV could read my mind and turn on when I turn the Switch on.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Haven't had a chance to try it fully but zero issues so far.

Couple questions:

-Is there an easy way to toggle wi-fi on and off like with the 3DS? All I'm finding is airplane mode and I assume that won't work well if you use the joycons off the tablet. Just don't want the wifi to kill the battery while I'm in handheld mode.

-Is there a setting somewhere on the Switch that'll turn your TV on when you dock it or do you always have to turn your TV on manually at the same time? Was really hoping my TV could read my mind and turn on when I turn the Switch on.

If you have CEC activated on your TV, the Switch will turn it on and to that input by default (something you can turn off on the switch as well)

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Louisgod posted:

"HDMI control" or something, I haven't tried with docking/undocking but it turns the TV off and on when you sleep and wake up the console.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

PerrineClostermann posted:

I do want to note that the Switch is essentially the PSP. Home console-quality games/horsepower with convenient TV output. And I loved the PSP.

The used game store near my house where I have a fuckload of store credit never has any god drat PSPs.

Plenty of $130 Vitas, no PSPs.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

garfield hentai posted:

"HDMI control" or something, I haven't tried with docking/undocking but it turns the TV off and on when you sleep and wake up the console.

Whenever my Switch is docked and I wake it up from Sleep mode, the tv gets turned on automatically.

On another subject, thinking of grabbing Metal Slug 3 from either the EU or JP eshop, but can you do two players with the joycons?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

anyone know if dqh1+2 on the jp eshop has an option for english text?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

FireMrshlBill posted:

If you have CEC activated on your TV, the Switch will turn it on and to that input by default (something you can turn off on the switch as well)

Nice, that did the trick, thank you though the TV still stays on even after I pull the Switch out of the dock. Close enough I guess.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
What's the point of the USB ports on the inside and side of the dock? I don't think I've heard anyone talk about them.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Controllers, for one.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

"Hidden Browser" found by connecting to public wifi or some workaround in the linking your social profile menu is settings.

garfield hentai posted:

It switches inputs when docking if TV is already on. It will also turn TV on when you dock it.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Through the extremely scientific process of trying it one time, the MacBook pro's USB-C charger charges this thing much, much faster than the included one

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Is there a button on the pro controller that should turn switch on from rest? My home doesnt work...

Never mind it does. I have to resync after I wake it up?

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 4, 2017

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Nice, that did the trick, thank you though the TV still stays on even after I pull the Switch out of the dock. Close enough I guess.

ya, it may with a power down of the Switch but not with a disconnect, because the dock would need to have some smarts to send a power down signal. Most TVs have a setting to turn off automatically with no input signal for x amount of time. Try putting the Switch in sleep mode and see if that works. Then you can just wake it immediately after undocking and resume your game.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

The used game store near my house where I have a fuckload of store credit never has any god drat PSPs.

Plenty of $130 Vitas, no PSPs.

I'd pay $130 to get another Vita if mine died tomorrow.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

How do I get a boost start in fast rmx?

I tried it just to check it out and now infant go back to zelda. This is so fun and pretty and fast.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

During the countdown in the middle of 2 start holding down A and you'll get a starting boost

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I just got home from work and opened my Switch.

These Joycons are tiny.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

During the countdown in the middle of 2 start holding down A and you'll get a starting boost

Thanks.

Soul Glo posted:

These Joycons are tiny.
Yeah have trouble even snipperclips with them.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
Anyone seen any nice sleeve covers like the ones that came about for the vita? Pretty sure mine was suede or some other nice material.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

FireMrshlBill posted:

I'd pay $130 to get another Vita if mine died tomorrow.

Something something memory card

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

Unironically people complain about switch letting you use whatever when vita memory exists.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

TheScott2K posted:

hidden cooooosts :argh:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

TheScott2K posted:

So it costs more than the entry level product of a notoriously highly-priced brand and a paid of handhelds that either took a platform-salvaging price cut (3DS) or failed.

But you get a plastic shell to put the console in and another plastic shell to put the joycons in, a $130 "value," so that's great. Great deal. Tremendous.

gently caress this guy complimenting his purchase! Watch me get him!!!

Is there a better portable MP3 player than the iPod Touch, for the same price, or less? Oh yeah, the Zune HD! Which was more expensive and was dropped in a year.

Price cuts are indicative of sales performance, not hardware costs. The hardware is typically sold at a loss.

The dock is the least important part of the console, that can go in the trash for all anyone cares. The device itself feels surprisingly god for the money. But I can understand your skepticism since you're looking at it on the internet, and not actually using it in your hands.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Louisgod posted:

I think you can control what Airplane Mode disables while it's active in Settings. I thought I saw a way to enable controllers but disable wireless, which is exactly what I'd want.

Except then I hooked it up to to the TV.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Can you change your icons around?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Bombadilillo posted:

Unironically people complain about switch letting you use whatever when vita memory exists.

That blew my mind. They're letting you use the kind of memory you can buy by the pound when the alternative is either proprietary horseshit like Sony or on-board and nothing else. What a dumb thing to complain about.

Complain about the garbage dock and the charge port being underneath. And the plastic screen. And for being the most fragile thing Nintendo has ever made. But don't complain about the fact that there's an SD slot.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Well it's 3/3 and 8:20pm here and my amazon orders page still says my Switch is "preparing for shipment" with an estimated arrival time of 8pm on 3/3. Looks like I might just cancel my vacation days tomorrow and see if I can SWITCH to having monday off. I'll have to contact Amazon about when they think it might actually arrive though.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Soul Glo posted:

These Joycons are tiny.

I'm afraid. I have big hands and the Vita never felt comfy to me. :(

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

Haha, Ya the $100 I dropped on a 64GB card that is constantly full with PS+ games was a lot. Worth it in the end.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Hammer Bro. posted:

I think you can control what Airplane Mode disables while it's active in Settings. I thought I saw a way to enable controllers but disable wireless, which is exactly what I'd want.

Except then I hooked it up to to the TV.

Nice, I'll give that a shot tomorrow. Really really wish the actual console had a wi-fi switch and LED indicators. It's the only thing it's missing.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Well it's 3/3 and 8:20pm here and my amazon orders page still says my Switch is "preparing for shipment" with an estimated arrival time of 8pm on 3/3. Looks like I might just cancel my vacation days tomorrow and see if I can SWITCH to having monday off. I'll have to contact Amazon about when they think it might actually arrive though.

Ugh, same here, we're both on the same pallet amazon left in a corner.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Welp, no Switch today. Amazon claiming there's a delay of some sort but yet my order isn't marked for it. Also got a kick out of the rep saying there were being shipped out in a first-come, first-serve basis but yet I preordered virtually seconds after the Switch was available to preorder. Apparently I'll be getting it in 24-48 hours. Yeah, we'll see...

:negative:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wish Shovel Knight was like $20 instead of $32.50AUD on the Aus eShop.

Be a bit more enticing to buy it again.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

That blew my mind. They're letting you use the kind of memory you can buy by the pound when the alternative is either proprietary horseshit like Sony or on-board and nothing else. What a dumb thing to complain about.

Complain about the garbage dock and the charge port being underneath. And the plastic screen. And for being the most fragile thing Nintendo has ever made. But don't complain about the fact that there's an SD slot.

Yeah do people really LIKE the apple model of $100 for 32gigs more? I always loved the android model of get whatev you want for however much you want.

I think its incredibly consumer friendly. Of course I always buy the lowest sized android model of a phone and upgrade memory with the market.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

my walmart preorder got delayed earlier too, getting $20 back for the delay. it said the delivery date would be the 7th until it processed last night and jumped to the 3rd though, nbd though.

i'm amazed the one i did through gamestop's website turned out to be the best option.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Shovel knight is good drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think framerate nerds might be just repurposed delusional audiophiles.

Zelda looks fantastic on my bigass TV.

• Locked thread