Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Reynold posted:

It does seem like a significant amount of people who play Warhammer are relentlessly negative.

Yeah just see those three threads that only have just bitching in them.

quote:

A big part of why I like the ICs podcast and having people like Carl around is the positive attitude. You can tell that he doesn't think the game or the company that produces it is flawless, he just really likes this poo poo and enjoys the gaming and hobby of it all.

HMMMM.

quote:

People would generally rather listen to and engage in conversation with someone like that than someone who seizes on every error, bad rule, or idea, and takes it as personal affront or something. Screaming about it won't help you, do something constructive. Like if GW made me as furious as some of you dorks act like you are I'd have thrown my poo poo on ebay forever ago and moved on to something that I actually like.

:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
I don't see it as ironic that I would encourage you to do something you enjoy rather than...

Wait...

It's making GBS threads all over everything, isn't it? That's what you enjoy?

My bad dawgs, do your thing.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
I'm ready for my resin order to arrive. I want to paint my Sicaran.

SRM, do you have some sweet close-ups of yours by chance?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

In other news: I finished my Sekhmet Terminator Squad today

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Reynold posted:

Screaming about it won't help you, do something constructive.
That would be international terrorism.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
I said this in Slack earlier when you showed them off, but...

drat Hixson, those are some excellent Sekhmet.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Hixson posted:

In other news: I finished my Sekhmet Terminator Squad today

These are loving awesome.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

As penance for the last couple pages, I, the thread OP, demand everyone post pics of their guys.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

panascope posted:

As penance for the last couple pages, I, the thread OP, demand everyone post pics of their guys.

lol

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

panascope posted:

Here's some seekers and a vigilator I did recently.

And I've been working from home the past few days because we're moving floors in my office, so I finished a pair of rhinos and got some good progress on some graviton/volkite speeders.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Here's my Sons of Horus from a match I played a couple weeks back.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

Very unfinished, but this is as far as I've gotten.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
My Alphas throwing down with some rad Blood Angels

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Loken

Also, an ebay rescue Leman Russ Vanquisher I just finished the turret for after like a year

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Ghazk posted:

My Alphas throwing down with some rad Blood Angels

:hellyeah:

This is at meeples right? I wanna play you some time.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

tallkidwithglasses posted:

:hellyeah:

This is at meeples right? I wanna play you some time.

Yeah, my attendance has been spotty since January, but in a few weeks my schedule will be going back to normal and I should be able to start making Thursday nights regularly again.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Probably the coolest looking game I every played thanks to a gorgeous table. That's Sisco and his awesome space wolf army. Miss you bae!

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
I started painting some iridescent raven guard

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Reinforcements are inbound

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Bout time peeps posted some sweet poo poo on this page. Those Sekhmet termies are gorgeous, and BULBASAUR, that game looks great. Looking forward to when Sisko ends up on my coast so we can hamslam, Word Bearers vs. Ultras, as god intended

Xir posted:

Very unfinished, but this is as far as I've gotten.

My man

Xir posted:

I'm ready for my resin order to arrive. I want to paint my Sicaran.

SRM, do you have some sweet close-ups of yours by chance?

I'm p sure I already posted it recently but here goes

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
A group shot of my Death Guard:

So that's two tac squads, terminator squad, praetor, Grave Wardens and Land Raider plus an assortment of veterans, support officers and models painted on a whim.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Galaspar posted:

A group shot of my Death Guard:

So that's two tac squads, terminator squad, praetor, Grave Wardens and Land Raider plus an assortment of veterans, support officers and models painted on a whim.

Love the green on these guys, it's got a really vibrant look to it. Chaplain dude's pretty sweet to.

Does Ixion Hale have unique rules? I didn't get any in the box, but I figured I should check before I ring FW.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

SteelMentor posted:

Does Ixion Hale have unique rules? I didn't get any in the box, but I figured I should check before I ring FW.

Nope. FW said maybe one day.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I will use anything as an excuse to whore out my mans:

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Killer_Bees! posted:

I started painting some iridescent raven guard

This is nice. How did you do it? I need to paint Iron Hands and Raven Guard and I don't want them to look the same.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

SRM posted:

My man
:hfive:

SRM posted:

I'm p sure I already posted it recently but here goes

That's a damned good looking tank, sir. Thanks! I'm waiting with baited breath for mine to show up.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
The progress of my cult horde. The idea is to use them as either a goodie or a baddie force so they are more meant to represent a rabble. I have done 38 plus the leader. Only another 232 to go. Lord Twisted is likely selling up his salamanders in fear. There's no way to fight hordes with multiple flamer weapons.

They need basing properly.

Charismatic demagogue Eduardo Alandro aka Captain "Calico" Jack Mackham

The big guys, a selection of gladiator constructs liberated by Alandro following the fall of Dome 43

The horde. The breakdown of society in the dome led to numerous factions forming, some off worlders, some that sheltered in the industrial or pharmaceutical levels and some of the feral tribes that had been cut off from the dome centuries ago. They have all united undrr Alandro following the emergence of the threat that the Imperial civil war represents.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I've been knee deep in skullapalooza converting and anointing my battle tanks to Khorne, but I don't think I ever posted this group shot - hopefully going to have a lot more to show in the next two months.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

ijyt posted:

I've been knee deep in skullapalooza converting and anointing my battle tanks to Khorne, but I don't think I ever posted this group shot - hopefully going to have a lot more to show in the next two months.

Those are great. How do you do the bases? That's so much better than what I have done with mine and they are more the look that I wanted to get initially. Really great stuff

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

JackMack posted:

Those are great. How do you do the bases? That's so much better than what I have done with mine and they are more the look that I wanted to get initially. Really great stuff

It's just vallejo black lava painted with rhinox hide, then washed with nuln oil gloss. Random bits of styrene i-beams/corrugated steel/pipes painted lead belcher then a random application of orange pigment and pigment fixer.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

ijyt posted:

It's just vallejo black lava painted with rhinox hide, then washed with nuln oil gloss. Random bits of styrene i-beams/corrugated steel/pipes painted lead belcher then a random application of orange pigment and pigment fixer.

It looks brilliant. How about the muddy puddle?

\/ Coolio. Thanks! \/

JackMack fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 4, 2017

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

JackMack posted:

It looks brilliant. How about the muddy puddle?

Built up a little crater with the black lava, painted a muddy green (or whatever colour you want), did another layer with some pigment sprinkled in and swirled around with a toothpick, then a layer of epoxy/water effects over the top. Some nuln oil gloss around the edge for some dried gunk/seeping mud.

There's no real wrong way to do the colours or swirls I think, just experimenting.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Kyyyyyyyyyyr! :black101:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Operator as gently caress. Very sorry for triggering you with the quadra-bunny panascope.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

JackMack posted:

The progress of my cult horde. The idea is to use them as either a goodie or a baddie force so they are more meant to represent a rabble. I have done 38 plus the leader. Only another 232 to go. Lord Twisted is likely selling up his salamanders in fear. There's no way to fight hordes with multiple flamer weapons.

They need basing properly.

Charismatic demagogue Eduardo Alandro aka Captain "Calico" Jack Mackham

The big guys, a selection of gladiator constructs liberated by Alandro following the fall of Dome 43

The horde. The breakdown of society in the dome led to numerous factions forming, some off worlders, some that sheltered in the industrial or pharmaceutical levels and some of the feral tribes that had been cut off from the dome centuries ago. They have all united undrr Alandro following the emergence of the threat that the Imperial civil war represents.

Dammit mate, stop being dirty and tailoring your list! Hordes of t3 5+ saves are such a hard counter to my str 5 ap5 flamers on pretty much every model.

In all seriousness this is looking great. I hope the goonocalypse goes well - it's my engagement party that day so it was going to be a tough sell to come...

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

ineptmule posted:

This is nice. How did you do it? I need to paint Iron Hands and Raven Guard and I don't want them to look the same.

This was exactly my issue too, wanted a black legion but not a black paint job. The black/purple iridescence is just a silver base, 2 layers of strong purple wash and then 2 careful layers of black wash. The 2nd and final black wash layer is the key and how strong or light you do it will determine how much of the iridescent purple shows through. I'm moving currently so hobby is on hold for a while but once it's done I am so keen to punch out a 1250pt ZM force of these guys.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Killer_Bees! posted:

This was exactly my issue too, wanted a black legion but not a black paint job. The black/purple iridescence is just a silver base, 2 layers of strong purple wash and then 2 careful layers of black wash. The 2nd and final black wash layer is the key and how strong or light you do it will determine how much of the iridescent purple shows through. I'm moving currently so hobby is on hold for a while but once it's done I am so keen to punch out a 1250pt ZM force of these guys.

Awesome, thank you. I will give it a go.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
If you're not listening to the latest 40k Badcast, what the gently caress are you doing with your life?
https://40kbadcast.com/2017/03/04/40k-badcast-05-activate-fudge-pattern-69/
In this one I talk about a pair of 30k games at the world's worst game store, we give some helpful painting tips, and we open up a hot box of fanfiction

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Oh I am, it's by far the best podcast I've listened to so far! Even dug out one of my first models, it's uh, something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

SRM posted:

If you're not listening to the latest 40k Badcast, what the gently caress are you doing with your life?
https://40kbadcast.com/2017/03/04/40k-badcast-05-activate-fudge-pattern-69/
In this one I talk about a pair of 30k games at the world's worst game store, we give some helpful painting tips, and we open up a hot box of fanfiction

Because you are not fair and balanced. You clearly need an avid iron warrior and a good player on it :colbert: