Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
im rewatching and noticing tons of little silent gags in the animation like that. koth is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

There's a lot of contenders but this might be my favorite moment on the show

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
FIGHT THE OCCUPATION!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

"Ever since the explosion every song I play sounds like Feels So Good"

"Maybe because it Feels So Good to be alive?"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The White Dragon posted:

I never noticed this before

im the guy tryna sneak into the frame so i can be on tv

Mind the wind, sug.

Also, that latino killer priest show that everyone's always watching is great :allears: It's been too long for me to remember what it was called if it was ever given a name. I gotta rewatch.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Mind the wind, sug.

Also, that latino killer priest show that everyone's always watching is great :allears: It's been too long for me to remember what it was called if it was ever given a name. I gotta rewatch.

monsignor martinez

vaya con dios

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
oh my god, crosspost from the aliexpress thread

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

monsignor martinez

vaya con dios

Yes! Thank you. I love that joke as much as continued references to Chuck Mangione.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Yes! Thank you. I love that joke as much as continued references to Chuck Mangione.

I love that Peggy once thought the guy playing him wanted to bone her, lmao

Also yeah, this

kills me every time

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bobby kicks Peggy in the crotch.

Peggy: That's right, Bobby. I think you'll find that I have NO testicles. What's your plan now, huh?
Khan: She bluffing! Finish her!

Man, Khan is great.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
YOU. HAVE BEEN KICKED. IN THE TESTICLES.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Bobby kicks Peggy in the crotch.

Peggy: That's right, Bobby. I think you'll find that I have NO testicles. What's your plan now, huh?
Khan: She bluffing! Finish her!

Man, Khan is great.
Khan's best lines are always off-screen, like he's that audience heckler who's always got the snap when the camera's not on him.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

stealie72 posted:

YOU. HAVE BEEN KICKED. IN THE TESTICLES.

THAT'S MY PURSE!
I DON'T KNOW YOU!

EDIT: Watched the Chip Block episode last night and it's great, one of my faves. The old man is definitely Bobby later in life. And the scenes where Dale freaks the gently caress out when seeing the doll are hilarious.

Also, what the hell is this?!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeKbDIz0zYM

Overwined fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 4, 2017

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

I love that Peggy once thought the guy playing him wanted to bone her, lmao

If you hate Peggy you have to watch this episode. Peggy gets her poo poo wrecked.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

It still blows my mind that Chuck Mangione is a real person. I thought for sure he was made up for the show

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

It still blows my mind that Chuck Mangione is a real person. I thought for sure he was made up for the show

And he voices himself as a complete shill for Mega Lo Mart.

Edit: The wikipedia entry is pretty awesome:

quote:

Chuck Mangione had a recurring voice-acting role on the animated television series King of the Hill. In it he portrays himself as a celebrity spokesman for Mega Lo Mart, although his animated form appears much younger than his current age, more closely resembling how he looked in the late 1970s, always wearing the white and red shirt from the cover of his "Feels So Good" album.

The first episode of King of the Hill featuring Mangione originally aired on February 16, 1997. The episode featured an original score specifically recorded for the occasion. He continued to appear in episodes, a total of ten more up until 2003.[7] In the context of the series, Chuck chafes under an oppressive spokesperson contract with Mega Lo Mart (his contract had him appearing at every Mega-Lo store opening, some 400 per year, leaving him no time to tour, record or be with his family). He eventually goes into hiding inside their Arlen, Texas store (Arlen is the fictional town in which King of the Hill is set) where he is discovered by Dale Gribble (who keeps his secret) in the episode "Mega-Lo Dale". After a long hiatus, the character of Chuck Mangione returned in a later episode titled "Lucky's Wedding Suit", in May 2007. A recurring joke is that whatever tune he plays on his flugelhorn inevitably shifts into "Feels So Good" after a few bars. The series finale in 2009 included Chuck Mangione one last time, playing the National Anthem which of course segued into "Feels So Good". After the Mega Lo Mart blows up, Chuck states during a group therapy session that "Every song I play now sounds like 'Feels So Good'." In homage to the series, Mangione's album Everything For Love contains a track titled Peggy Hill.[8]

The Archaic fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 4, 2017

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

An artist too Arlen for reality.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Because you doesn't have to call him Johnson! :colbert:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

chuch mangione is real and nobuo uematsu stole feels so good and used it in final fantasy 1

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
it was like a knife in his heart when she stuck that fork in his back

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

chuch mangione is real and nobuo uematsu stole feels so good and used it in final fantasy 1

Fallout and Sonic taught me that most great game composers got their starts making midis of popular songs

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

"I won't take another bath with that baby. It's humiliating!"

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

quote:

In homage to the series, Mangione's album Everything For Love contains a track titled Peggy Hill

Wait what

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

Yes it's real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UUGFRn4hpY

Edit: Listening now, I keep expecting it to segue into "Feels so Good"

Edit 2: OH MAN it totally does around the 2:00 mark. That has to be a deliberate homage to the show.

The Archaic fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 4, 2017

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

Bobby just kicked Hank in the balls.

Khan: "I heard what you did to Chaing, that was very wrong. Then I heard what you did to your father. Very funny! Now I am conflicted"

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

The Archaic posted:

Bobby just kicked Hank in the balls.

Khan: "I heard what you did to Chaing, that was very wrong. Then I heard what you did to your father. Very funny! Now I am conflicted"

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
So where can i watch this noe that Amazon has pulled it

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

YouTube has it, oddly enough. I'm not even referring to paid episodes, though I'm sure they're there. Whole seasons are uploaded there, video is smaller, sometimes the audio sounds odd, usually it's fine.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

[Adult Swim]

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I wish Judge would crank out one more season so we can get a 'Bobby becomes a brony' episode.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Cmon. You know it'd be Bill

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I never thought about it like that but it would be.

Doppelganger posted:

I wish Judge would crank out one more season so we can get a 'Bobby becomes a brony' episode.

Hank being exasperated over Bobby having troll dolls was already a running gag, nothing for a young teenager getting into My Little Pony that isn't already covered with that.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

This is the first I've ever heard of this. What do you mean?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

This is the first I've ever heard of this. What do you mean?
It's a dumb joke I tell myself because the Sailing track from FF1 leads in with the first measure or so of Feels So Good :v:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

FIGHT THE OCCUPATION!

WOULD YOU LOOK AT THIS PICTURE OF A STARVING IRISH CHILD

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JauB3k4-tZQ

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The White Dragon posted:

Hank being exasperated over Bobby having troll dolls was already a running gag, nothing for a young teenager getting into My Little Pony that isn't already covered with that.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
if i had to watch a spinoff, it would be a dale gribble spin-off where he is thrown into prolonged scenarios that are not calm and peaceful suburban Texas (like warzones and shadow governments) but he is still hilariously incompetent but still manages to stay alive

Basically Flashman but Dale Gribble and in the 21st century

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korthal
May 26, 2011