Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

jfc botw is taking forever to install+download

i finally got through the wait for the main game and now it's downloading an update, gently caress my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Lurdiak posted:

River City Ransom Underground's bugs are bad.

Just tell me when the game is fixed, and I'll buy it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jay Rust posted:

This particular Phoenix Wright case had a few weird translation errors, I don't understand how they can happen.

Oh, you're playing the lovely version.

DalaranJ posted:

Just tell me when the game is fixed, and I'll buy it.

Will do. You'll notice that even though I'm still talking about the game, I'm not telling anyone to rush out and buy it anymore.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

No luck getting my hands on a Switch today. Now I'm sort of wondering if I shouldn't go ahead and buy the Wii U version of BotW.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rIJmGj4g-s

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

No luck getting my hands on a Switch today. Now I'm sort of wondering if I shouldn't go ahead and buy the Wii U version of BotW.

you should

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So I think I am going to buy a Wii U. I skipped the Wii entirely so I feel like if there are at least ten essential games for the Wii, it wouldn't be the dumbest decision

Even if you somehow don't like a single Wii U game, it still has a Wii and a Gamecube built into it and can emulate / has VC for almost every Nintendo system prior to those, so there's bound to be something that makes it worthwhile for you.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You can play Gamecube games on a Wii U?

Considering my Nintendo lifetime experience ended about halfway through the N64 generation, getting a Wii U now seems like a no-brainer

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Double rainbows all the way across the sky.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You can play Gamecube games on a Wii U?

Considering my Nintendo lifetime experience ended about halfway through the N64 generation getting a Wii U now seems like a no-brainer

You have to install the homebrew channel on the Wii side and then install Nintendont, but yeah. You can play them off an SD card too, so I got a 64gb SD card and it's enough space for every gamecube game I could possibly care about.
It even supports the Wii U pro controller, and I'm pretty sure it also supports gamecube controllers via that adapter thingy.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

raditts posted:

It's kind of annoying but not a huge deal IMO. The sprint button is B and the jump button is X, so if you want to do a running leap you kind of have to reach over with two fingers. I haven't run into a situation where sprint + jump is necessary over regular run speed + jump though.

If you release the sprint button and quickly tap jump you do a running jump. You can tell it works because the jump will cost stamina.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I can get just as woozy from running around in the Witness as I can from the Talos Principle, oh boy!

...At least the puzzles are more satisfying, even if the game, uh, doesn't have a story at all so far. (Outside of the odd environmental storytelling.)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZOD2pA794k

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

This particular Phoenix Wright case had a few weird translation errors, I don't understand how they can happen.

The mobile port is bad

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's been good to me so far, just two or three weird kinks that make me cock my eyebrow for a second

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

darksydephil got kicked out of machinima. the only thing i know about him is he got caught masturbating on stream once

a bad year for lets players so far

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Mobile ports of console games should be destroyed via legislation, or by direct action of the people if our representatives refuse to protect us.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's actually not that much of a bad thing for him because Machinima is absolute trash and treats their partners like garbage. But also he's incredibly irresponsible with money anyway so he was already screwing himself before he screwed himself on stream

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quest For Glory II posted:

darksydephil got kicked out of machinima. the only thing i know about him is he got caught masturbating on stream once

Good

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I too wish death on any and all streamers.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Then I can get all the youtube traffic for myself

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Mordja posted:

I too wish death on any and all streamers.

Yes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Get this hot take: let's plays are really good and streams also are too

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
First, they came for the Let's Players and I said nothing, for I did not make LPs.
Then they came for the streamers and I said nothing, for I did not stream.
When they came for the speed runners I said nothing still, for I did not speed run.
Finally, when they came for the casuals, there was no one left to speak for me.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my gameplay youtube is coming up on 1000 videos and i think that will be slightly sad but also impressive just based on how little effort it's required

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Quest For Glory II posted:

I'm really surprised it took them this long.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

smooth.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Huh. Her foot's asleep. Why don't more games introduce tiny touches like that?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Wtf that's the Moonwalk except it's going forwards

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My current feelings on Horizon vs Zelda is that Horizon is a great open world game, Zelda is an amazing open world.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

drat, so Nier Automata is coming to Steam way earlier than I thought. Also:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Nier Automata Valve Accessory!

S**t Square Enix!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think I'm still hyped for ME Andromeda, SF RPG's are so rare and it's not like all the other games didn't have crappy animations

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I think I'm still hyped for ME Andromeda, SF RPG's are so rare and it's not like all the other games didn't have crappy animations

Cyberpunk 2077 will be great, I can feel it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Have CDPR released any more information about that recently? Seems like years since I heard anything.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Nah, when it's done it's done so like 2020 probably.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What if it comes out in 2077 :tinfoil:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

Andromeda will at least be "good enough" I'm sure, the combat looks fun as gently caress and the multiplayer should be great again

However right now I'm having a real hard time believing any other AAA game this year will be better than Horizon 0: Dawn because loving hell I just played it for 7 straight hours. It's like all the best parts of Skyrim, The Witcher, Tomb Raider, and Far Cry: Primal without the bad parts of those games and it's so fun killing robodinos oh em gee

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Speaking of which, Horizon just teased me with power armor behind a locked door and I don't know why I didn't think it before but this is basically a Fallout game with actual graphics and gameplay

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I had a very similar thought, that the guys who made this should just make the next Fallout because this makes FO4 look like dog poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

:what: How is this different from literally every other console on the market?
Why would you think they would give you two copies of the game?

It's not. I was just juggling the pros/cons of buying physical vs digital, and thought I'd ask just in case they had done something clever here.

• Locked thread