Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

the disc is in the wii u. the update is happening. i am :stoked:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEEDCAT
Oct 31, 2005

*sets you on fire*

Black Baby Goku posted:

Well I have all 6 copies finally but I'm wondering if there is something more I can have?

got them amiibos?

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

mother of win

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

WEEDCAT posted:

got them amiibos?

Bitch, please

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

i am crouched still in a small nature pool with green nature growing though the water to the air in spots. and theres a breeze. clouds shadow me now and then. perfect distant piano dances. im link. thank you nintendo. thank you

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
After exploring the plateau for about 12 hours, decided to finally drop down...

Not long after spotted this huge creepy looking dude from afar...

I arrowed one of the storks, and the Moblin immediately went to go feast on the free food, at which point I unloaded 5 arrows into him as he stuffed his face. Incredible.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i can't play this till tomorrow, but i guess i'll preload it onto the wii-u tonight fuuuuuuu

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

White Genocide posted:

i am crouched still in a small nature pool with green nature growing though the water to the air in spots. and theres a breeze. clouds shadow me now and then. perfect distant piano dances. im link. thank you nintendo. thank you

Oh man I hope theres a fishing rod. No one tell me though.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Still disappointing, but I mean... I figure they HAVE to address it, right? What's Nintendo's general reputation on things like this?

I mean: You release a BRAND new console, and you hinge the entirety of its being on this Portable/Home Console duality. Your first flagship launch game is stellar, except it cannot handle well the very thing the console excels at.

You GOTTA do something about that, right? Or people will start thinking; " Oh hey, this mobile handheld thing that connects to a TV kinda sucks when connected to a TV."

I mean... right?

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

Well I have all 6 copies finally but I'm wondering if there is something more I can have?

I bought a grip of Amiibo and Funkopop on my way out the door at my Gamestops mid ight release (they know me pretty well so they had a big sac of them ready to go at the counter for me)

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

This game is real good. Is there an inventory upgrade anywhere? I have too many cool weapons now.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I bought a grip of Amiibo and Funkopop on my way out the door at my Gamestops mid ight release (they know me pretty well so they had a big sac of them ready to go at the counter for me)

i couldn't find any i dind't have so i just bought some doubles :shrug:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

tao of lmao posted:

This game is real good. Is there an inventory upgrade anywhere? I have too many cool weapons now.

There is! Follow the critical path for a bit and you can't miss it.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

game = bought. wii u updating since i havent turned it on in a year lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Black Baby Goku posted:

hope you bought some extra MeUndies for pants shatting

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
My brother actually literally bought 4 copies of this game. I think he's going to return one of them though.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Caithness posted:

My brother actually literally bought 4 copies of this game. I think he's going to return one of them though.

Why?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Why not?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Because it's basically stealing $60 from Nintendo? gently caress off troll.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Oh... I misread that. My bad, sorry

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bill Barber posted:

After exploring the plateau for about 12 hours, decided to finally drop down...

Not long after spotted this huge creepy looking dude from afar...

I arrowed one of the storks, and the Moblin immediately went to go feast on the free food, at which point I unloaded 5 arrows into him as he stuffed his face. Incredible.

The plateau is big but drat, i dont think i could stay there for 12 hours o_O

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

My sincere rec to BBG is to buy the season passes for each of the six versions of the game, if possible. You're going to want to try to break into that four figures sweet spot and encourage others to do the same. I don't really consider my immediate debt to Nintendo paid until I'm directly responsible for 10,000 dollars of profit, but they honestly deserve more for creating this true GOAT of GOATs.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
ok, finished work. i'm going to go get this loading from the e-shop and hope i can get in a few hours tomorrow.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

He ordered the Switch regular edition from Costco and the Switch special edition from Walmart, but today when he saw that the delivery dates for both were March 8th-10th he went to the local game store and got both a Switch version and a Wii U version.

He says the Wii U version is for any eventual hacks/mods that come out.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

My sincere rec to BBG is to buy the season passes for each of the six versions of the game, if possible. You're going to want to try to break into that four figures sweet spot and encourage others to do the same. I don't really consider my immediate debt to Nintendo paid until I'm directly responsible for 10,000 dollars of profit, but they honestly deserve more for creating this true GOAT of GOATs.

it's so good game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this game is just astounding. i am seriously floored. i just completed the first major area you start in and i got chills..i just love everything about it so far. nintendo really loving nailed it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its so nice to play something that assumes you're intelligent, teaches you by showing you instead of telling you, gives you complete freedom but intelligently places guideposts and clues through the level/map design for what you're supposed to do next.

when the (end of first area spoiler)old king's ghost warns you it would be suicide to run to hyrule right away, you truly believe him because you met a broken lovely robot earlier and all you could do was run and hide.

unless my swords start talking to me and telling me exactly what to do i think this is already a 10/10

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Mar 4, 2017

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

ASK ME ABOUT MY OPINIONS ON CANCEL CULTURE
people are saying this is one of the best games ever made is that true? man i hope it's good and fun but i probably won't buy a console just to play it or if i do i'll buy it used and sell it once i finish this apparently amazing game also hey is it true it only gets 20-30 fps because lol if so jeez louise that's embarrassing.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Avian Pneumonia posted:

people are saying this is one of the best games ever made is that true? man i hope it's good and fun but i probably won't buy a console just to play it or if i do i'll buy it used and sell it once i finish this apparently amazing game also hey is it true it only gets 20-30 fps because lol if so jeez louise that's embarrassing.

begone

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

ASK ME ABOUT MY OPINIONS ON CANCEL CULTURE
also pretty stunned it's not 1080 but if there are frame rate issues on top of that i'll probably wait a few years for a re-mastered version that'll hopefully be capable of playing it like a mid-tier pc from 2011.

love zelda games though and i'm really happy to hear such rave reviews!

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
this game is so so good, once you get out the starting area it is amazing

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm still on the starting plateau, but this game is loving amazing. it's everything i've ever wanted in an open world game - even better than MGS. i got the magnet power, and remembered a suspicious metal door from when i was just freely exploring earlier. went back to it, and got a cool little collectable reward. even the degrading weapons isn't bad, because you get so many, and it forces you to mix up your approach. gently caress! it's so good!

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Just sucked a random Japanese man's dick in honour of Nintendo.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I like video game.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
But really im gonna buy this as soon as I get bored of TW:Warhammer. Is it true that a patch yesterday for the wii u version helped the framerate?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Ristolaz posted:

But really im gonna buy this as soon as I get bored of TW:Warhammer. Is it true that a patch yesterday for the wii u version helped the framerate?

Yeah it helped it a lot. And switching your WiiU to 720 mode apparently helps it too. Worst I've seen so far was a small dense town but a huge one I was in ran really nice.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p from my couch

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Shoehead posted:

Yeah it helped it a lot. And switching your WiiU to 720 mode apparently helps it too. Worst I've seen so far was a small dense town but a huge one I was in ran really nice.

I thought it ran on 720 on WiiU no matter what. I believe Switch docked runs at 900 and on the tablet it runs at 720 which is why it runs better undocked

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

goferchan posted:

I thought it ran on 720 on WiiU no matter what. I believe Switch docked runs at 900 and on the tablet it runs at 720 which is why it runs better undocked

Somone in the Games thread said it helped them. I never got to test it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Avian Pneumonia posted:

also pretty stunned it's not 1080 but if there are frame rate issues on top of that i'll probably wait a few years for a re-mastered version that'll hopefully be capable of playing it like a mid-tier pc from 2011.

love zelda games though and i'm really happy to hear such rave reviews!

you suck rear end

• Locked thread