Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

There are some cases/units where the natures are really important.

For example, a -ATK Camilla is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Andrast posted:

There are some cases/units where the natures are really important.

For example, a -ATK Camilla is terrible.

I'd be willing to bet that all Brave Weapon users wiith -atk are pretty bad, because they get double penalized. But I don't have any so I don't know for sure.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
How can I determine a units natures if they're no longer level 1? Also, how can I get more greater badges? The training tower is annoying right now because the slog from 30-40 kinda sucks.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Chakan posted:

How can I determine a units natures if they're no longer level 1? Also, how can I get more greater badges? The training tower is annoying right now because the slog from 30-40 kinda sucks.

Missions give more badges than feathers will reasonably allow you to use.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Chakan posted:

How can I determine a units natures if they're no longer level 1?

Aside from leveling them to near 40, you can't.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Chakan posted:

If they're gold, get to level 38 and you can figure it out (some stats won't be able to get to the normal or plus level, others are above the negative or normal maximum).

If they're not gold, get to level 20 and check them out via Allies -> Advanced Growth -> Unlock Potential. It will show their level 1 stats at the next rarity. NB it calculates attack based on their currently equipped weapon and not whatever weapon they unlock at 5*, stats on various wikis or sites may not have the stats stored that way.

Slogging through the training tower will get you badges and experience and is the basic way to get greater badges. A couple missions have had them as rewards

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

sassassin posted:

Missions give more badges than feathers will reasonably allow you to use.

Yeah, the missions give out great badges as if that were a bottleneck but I have dozens of times more badges than I have the necessary feathers to go with them.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015

Trihugger posted:

I'd be willing to bet that all Brave Weapon users wiith -atk are pretty bad, because they get double penalized. But I don't have any so I don't know for sure.

I've got a +spd -atk abel and he still murks swordlords and mages and does alright against other lancers, and the +spd means I don't get doubled by everything, just most things.

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
Who is the prince/princess most likely to have the least people voting for it?

Leo, Alfonse, or Chrom?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Chrom is one of the most popular characters in the franchise

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Leo probably. No 5* and against Ephraim.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Is a -Attack +HP Hector bad?

I'm pretty close to being done with PVP. I don't want to draw anything until I see poo poo from FE10 or characters I liked from the GBA and every loving time I run into Tiki I lose automatically

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Leo is really popular in Japan, I recall someone saying that he has a big name voice actor over there.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Alright, thanks everyone. I guess I just don't play as much as others because my high level team is is the low 30's so I have basically no greater badges. I'm in luck though because todays badge is the right color for me so I just need to do ~20 training room fights... or less and wait a few days.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I got like 40ish orbs and I'm tempted to roll on the current banner. Is this a bad idea? Are any of the characters very good? I have a Takumi so Klein isn't particularly appealing but I do like Brave weapons a lot (Abel is a dang wrecking ball).

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

:siren: There's a 1.1.0 update (iOS) for the game that's out now. :siren:

Only new things I've noticed are:

--SP costs are now included with the star rank for skills on an unit's skill list.
--When an attack will KO someone, they glow red to let you know.

There's probably some other stuff I haven't seen yet, but those two are very nice additions.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

I got like 40ish orbs and I'm tempted to roll on the current banner. Is this a bad idea? Are any of the characters very good? I have a Takumi so Klein isn't particularly appealing but I do like Brave weapons a lot (Abel is a dang wrecking ball).

Reinhardt is powerful, but his low stat totals make him not the best for arena score. A neutral attack Rein will oneshot even a +res Takumi, virtually every sword lord, and with an attack buff will get the better of most of the blues and the red manaketes. Eldigan is a huge tank and if you want to make a cavalry team he could be an all-star since he has more def than Hector if you start throwing fortifies and goads into the mix. Olwen could be overpowered if weapons wind up being heritable, if she can pick up Blarblade sometime in the future she'll have 43 attack and 34 speed base with the potential to get +18 attack just from a Gunter. Sanaki crushes Julia but I don't think she has any other relevant good matchups, but she's okay and probably will get better with heritable skills that reduce her redundancy. Klein blows, he's just a pile of skills that would be better off on other characters. Lachesis also blows but she's a healer so you knew that already.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
What does manaketes mean btw?

I have a +atk Reinhardt and I can confirm he wrecks everything except explicit anti-mage characters.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

ChronoReverse posted:

What does manaketes mean btw?

Both Tikis, Nowi, Fae, and FCorrin - the people what turn into dragons to fight.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Reinhardt has small hands so he's not going to be a big hitter when he's all grown up.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Tired Moritz posted:

Leo probably. No 5* and against Ephraim.

Wait what? I drew a 5* Leo weeks ago, and he's a part of my current Arena team. Unless you're referring to something else?

And yeah, Leo in Japanese is voiced by Mamoru Miyano, whose is best known for his roles as Rintaro Okabe from Steins;Gate, Death the Kid from Soul Eater, and more importantly? Light Yagami from Death Note. Pretty well-respected!

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

AradoBalanga posted:

:siren: There's a 1.1.0 update (iOS) for the game that's out now. :siren:

Only new things I've noticed are:

--SP costs are now included with the star rank for skills on an unit's skill list.
--When an attack will KO someone, they glow red to let you know.

There's probably some other stuff I haven't seen yet, but those two are very nice additions.

how'd you manage to update to it? i'm not seeing the option

Mm

Setset fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 4, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

LightningKimba posted:

Wait what? I drew a 5* Leo weeks ago, and he's a part of my current Arena team. Unless you're referring to something else?

And yeah, Leo in Japanese is voiced by Mamoru Miyano, whose is best known for his roles as Rintaro Okabe from Steins;Gate, Death the Kid from Soul Eater, and more importantly? Light Yagami from Death Note. Pretty well-respected!

He wasn't a focus.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Elise and Leo are the two prince/princesses who are the hardest to draw, both being limited to 5* yet not having a Focus Banner. People don't care as much since they aren't amazing anyway, but they're each as rare as Hector or Azura. So it'll be that much harder for them to accumulate votes.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Matt Mercer voices Chrom!

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
Honestly with any female character I just figured there'd be waifu love

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Aferisan posted:

Honestly with any female character I just figured there'd be waifu love

Yeah, but other fans can get just as obsessed with their hudbandos. And there's been a conscious movement in Japanese entertainment to try to appeal to a larger audience (of nerds) whenever possible.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Tired Moritz posted:

He wasn't a focus.

Clarste posted:

Elise and Leo are the two prince/princesses who are the hardest to draw, both being limited to 5* yet not having a Focus Banner. People don't care as much since they aren't amazing anyway, but they're each as rare as Hector or Azura. So it'll be that much harder for them to accumulate votes.

OHH okay, all right, it's because he's 5* only. I actually never realized he never had a 4*, so I guess I'm lucky to draw him at all? Poor me, I could be one of the rare few people who represents the tomato-loving sibling.

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

No. SP is so abundant, you wouldn't really be worrying about that. I have a Lissa and Sharena with 1500+/800+ SP for reference.

No. I like to think they don't but hardcore players would claim otherwise, I'm sure.

Ah, K, thanks for the info Moritz and everyone. Sounds like I don't have to worry too much about saving skills and SP!

I don't think I'll worry too much about natures either then. Thanks!

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
After trying to level up 3 4* armored units who aren't Effie or Hector to do that all armored unit quest, I'm beginning to suspect that all armored units who aren't Effie or Hector are kind of bad

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

This is the first arena season where I'm just constantly hitting a wall after placing between 5k and 30k in previous seasons. Teams seem much more varied and a few of my -SPD/-ATK IVs are really hurting me.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

After trying to level up 3 4* armored units who aren't Effie or Hector to do that all armored unit quest, I'm beginning to suspect that all armored units who aren't Effie or Hector are kind of bad

Sheena is actually decent, she just doesn't have a place in the meta. She's also very bulky to the point that Julia can't even one-shot her.

Gwendolyn is sadly pretty much inferior to Effie. Draug is er... he's got the barebones of a kit, but in practice he just folds hard to a lot of stuff.

(Draug also irritates me because his right leg armour in his attack sprite is differently coloured than everything else for no reason).

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

Sheena is actually decent, she just doesn't have a place in the meta. She's also very bulky to the point that Julia can't even one-shot her.

Gwendolyn is sadly pretty much inferior to Effie. Draug is er... he's got the barebones of a kit, but in practice he just folds hard to a lot of stuff.

(Draug also irritates me because his right leg armour in his attack sprite is differently coloured than everything else for no reason).

Sheena's gimmick is that she has more res than the other armors, in theory you wouldn't think that would matter but in practice it helps her live through the attacks she can't actually avoid. But she's not a good unit because she just doesn't hit very hard. If you need a sponge that can beat blue units she's alright, but it isn't that good a look.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I tried using a -atk 4* Gwendolyn for a bit to raise my Arena score and could never get a perfect run. It's really sad when a level 40 blue unit walks up to Marth and does single digit numbers in damage. She feels like a liability sometimes against red units let alone the other colors. In contrast, carting around a 3* level 33 Narcian has been relatively painless. At least Narcian can still handle 5* blue units just fine.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Wonder if a bunch of people quit the game or something. Normally my score by now would get me like 20k but it hasn't really budged that much. Went from 5k at the start of the week to 8k today.

Might just be lack of dueling crests and quests I guess.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Rascyc posted:

Wonder if a bunch of people quit the game or something. Normally my score by now would get me like 20k but it hasn't really budged that much. Went from 5k at the start of the week to 8k today.

Might just be lack of dueling crests and quests I guess.

I've heard rumors that they've been banning accounts for cheating.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
A perfect run of the arena still only puts me at rank 13,000.

I guess that's as high as I get

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
These games always lose a lot of players after the first month or so, surely.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
If only I had saved more orbs, I wonder what could have been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Decided to replace Takumi with Sharena on my arena team for higher scores and holy poo poo am I in total whale territory now. So many +3-5 heroes. At least I should be able to get a 4600 score this season before the new batch of featured heroes forces me to use female robin next week.