Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

WickedHate posted:

The ranger suits look like terrible Halloween costumes and the Zords are ridiculous-which wouldn't be too bad if it was like, a sketch on the Wiggles, but Power Rangers as a separate franchise prides itself on being EXTREME and KICKBUTT.

We got googly eye zords in RPM. Power Rangers as a separate franchise prides itself on being campy and consumable.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's gonna be 2 years of Ninja Steel followed by KyuRanger, since Saban directly collaborated on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

WickedHate posted:

The ranger suits look like terrible Halloween costumes and the Zords are ridiculous-which wouldn't be too bad if it was like, a sketch on the Wiggles, but Power Rangers as a separate franchise prides itself on being EXTREME and KICKBUTT.
The Zords being silly, I can understand, but the suits? How soon we forget RPM.

e:f;b

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

WickedHate posted:

Yeah, but they did have the train theme, and ToQ just wasn't gonna fly in the states. They'll probably skip over Animal Minecraft too, if only for the terrible costumes.

The Shadow Line itself is pretty easy to slot in. All their themes are are darkness and high class dress. Their train theme is fairly incidental. They mesh about as well as the Machine Empire in Zeo in regards to the Rangers. The only issue is that there'd be no Sentai footage to pull from that's not either on a Japanese set or involve trains or the ToQgers.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
RPM was Nobody Gives A poo poo: The Show. They only made it because Bandai dragged them to the set by the nose.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

NEW POSTER

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'll repeat what I said in the other thread: The Zords look like loving Bionicles. I mean, I loved Bionicle, don't get me wrong, but I think I need to see them in motion before I'm ready to believe they'll be anything but a confusing mess on-screen.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

PMush Perfect posted:

I'll repeat what I said in the other thread: The Zords look like loving Bionicles. I mean, I loved Bionicle, don't get me wrong, but I think I need to see them in motion before I'm ready to believe they'll be anything but a confusing mess on-screen.

They made five transformers movies, the platonic ideal of confusing messes onscreen

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Things I appreciate so far about Ninja Steel:
The other protagonists get really pissed when Red capitalizes on his "always the best dude in every situation" shtick from NinNinjer.

I doubt it's actually self-aware, but the portrayal of teen popularity drama as really insipid and sad is pretty good.

They actually bothered to do a roll-call sequence with like announced titles and stuff in Episode 3, instead of the usual "Blue Ninja! Ready!" type of thing that I expected. They weren't as cool as the titles from NinNinjer, but those had an added layer of being puns on their names, so I guess it wouldn't have made much sense without the context.

Edit: I posted this before the episode ended. That chainsaw sword is loving inspired.

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Feb 5, 2017

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I would be so loving insecure if I became a Power Ranger any other color than red tbh. Or a sixth ranger, I could do that, that'd work for me.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

All you would have to worry about as blue is your inevitable evil twin rolling up. It's not so bad.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Caught up this morning.

First episode was a little rough, but it had a ton of exposition to get through. Second episode was a marked improvement except for the awkward editing at the end of the monster fight so they could save Shurikenjin for... reasons. Third episode? ... Eh?

The rubber ninja suits are goofy and unexplained, the Megazord reveal was kinda weak, AND they got an upgrade mode to control it, AND they got their communicators, AND...

Seems like they needed a three-parter to open the series and instead they got a two-parter with a slow start and a third episode with too much going on just to get to the status quo.

But... I kinda dig it? It's got a lot of the same spirit that Dino Charge recaptured.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Brody's scene of "it was all me, i don't need the comm." was very bad, but outside of that, the episode was pretty neat. Loved that their dumb zord-only battle mode is a loving chainsaw. The comedy bullies are also really, really good.

The dialogue feels really "bulky" when talking about zord and powers stuff, but I hope that's just early episode stuff. Next week is a Peter Sudarso episode, so that should be really good.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
You see the Zords move for a bit in the new trailer.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
My dumb prediction: I think movie Zordon was the previous red ranger. TV MMPR always made very vague allusions to previous generations of rangers (the power transfer sword, Rita holding onto a green coin from who knows what event, etc). It's one of those things fans just learned to accept, similar to how Zedd has no origin story except one off-hand snark about the Zeo Crystal disfiguring him.

I'll bet anything that the "ancient warriors" team before Jason & Co was Zordon as Red. Especially since it's looking like Rita is/was green and MMPR has always thrived off that red vs green 'who's the alpha' dynamic.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 18, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm pretty sure the previous power rangers were cowboys in the wild west of angel grove and Kimberly made out with Tommy's great, great, great grand father.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

poo poo. I'm almost coming back around to this looking like a good, stupid popcorn movie. The actors actually sound like they're having fun.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Craptacular! posted:

My dumb prediction: I think movie Zordon was the previous red ranger. TV MMPR always made very vague allusions to previous generations of rangers (the power transfer sword, Rita holding onto a green coin from who knows what event, etc). It's one of those things fans just learned to accept, similar to how Zedd has no origin story except one off-hand snark about the Zeo Crystal disfiguring him.

I'll bet anything that the "ancient warriors" team before Jason & Co was Zordon as Red. Especially since it's looking like Rita is/was green and MMPR has always thrived off that red vs green 'who's the alpha' dynamic.

You aren't the first to make that prediction by any means but I think you are right.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Kyuuranger :allears:

I love the star field effect on their visors, and Ooshi Black is just a cool suit.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
"Should we make a bigger jacket to fit him?"

"No. Just have him drape a regular one over his shoulder. Like a matador."

"... Brilliant."

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
One episode in and they already made me sick of the word lucky.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I would like Lucky more if he were instead Luckyuro.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Evidently I missed the memo about the legacy dragonzord being reissued this year but I saw it on bigbadtoystore for preorder and jumped on it. They are also doing the dragon dagger.

Is the dragonzord worth the money? I was disappointed I missed out on it the first time and just want to make sure I won't be disappointed with it when it gets here.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Evidently I missed the memo about the legacy dragonzord being reissued this year but I saw it on bigbadtoystore for preorder and jumped on it. They are also doing the dragon dagger.

Is the dragonzord worth the money? I was disappointed I missed out on it the first time and just want to make sure I won't be disappointed with it when it gets here.

It's pretty solid on its own or if transformed into the Dragonzord Battle Mode. The MegaDragonzord combination isn't great because the 2010 Megazord wasn't designed around a Dragonzord being made, so even with the Legacy re-release that had diecast, the much heavier Dragonzord doesn't attach well since it just kinda sits on top.

If you're just planning on having it stay in Dragonzord form though, it's worth picking up.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I got it as a birthday present a couple years ago and love it! The raised details on the logos really bring it to life. Shame the 2010 Megazord is poo poo.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Honestly the Legacy line is the only reason I still purchase american pr toys because everything else is hot loving garbage compared to the BoJ versions.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Holy poo poo, Power Rangers openings make everything better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JyJnfE5LtA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxfpj3vavJY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irTjCnHmU-E

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

How could you not post the best one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSKcOTbnB-M

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
No, this is the best one, as In Space is the best in pretty much all things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ini5sF6iImk

(well, the Jurassic World / Dino Charge one might edge it out... Dino Charge's theme is awesome, and JW didn't get to #4 historical BO by not being anything but awesome)

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Mar 4, 2017

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Real talk they all rule.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Those are great, though they remind me that I'm due to have some issues ahead trying to digest the movies. Because if I had to pick two things that are iconic to Power Rangers as a nostalgia brand worth capitalizing on, sure the Zyuranger suits are important but Ron Wasserman's butt-rock score full of harmonies and screeching guitar solos is the other.

The movie, the adaption of the pirate sentai, etc all sort of comes close to what I want but never quite gets there. If they were to ever shoot HD footage with a bunch of fight choreography in the Zyuranger costumes AND the audio guys put "We Need A Hero" to it... It would be like that one South Park capture of a guy who came all over the room.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Coq au Nandos posted:

Real talk they all rule.
Oh, absolutely, but an argument about which is "best" is an excuse to post more of them.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Legend of Korra meets Samurai is easily the best insofar as thematic matching and footage goes, the theme itself isn't one of the better ones but the end result is great:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FHohASLnjE

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MisterBibs posted:

No, this is the best one, as In Space is the best in pretty much all things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ini5sF6iImk

(well, the Jurassic World / Dino Charge one might edge it out... Dino Charge's theme is awesome, and JW didn't get to #4 historical BO by not being anything but awesome)

I was so shocked when I decided to check out Dino Charge on UK Netflix when it went up and was ready to groan through ANOTHER clunky forcing in a different word to the MMPR theme, and then the titles started and... wait... this is a new song! A pretty frickin' good one too!

(I actually think Jungle Fury has the best theme overall)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Speaking of Dino Charge on Netflix, is there any way to find out when the rest of Super Dino Charge will go up?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

(I actually think Jungle Fury has the best theme overall)
That's a funny way to spell Time Force.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 5, 2017

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Dino Thunder and Time Force deffo both in top 3

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Zeo is number one.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Zeo is pretty good, but works best as a sequel song.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I watched GoRanger back in 1975 and FlashMan in 1986. Can I be in this thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I watched GoRanger back in 1975 and FlashMan in 1986. Can I be in this thread?

You can especially be in this thread