Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

That last comment you made rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
If you self-identity as an enemy of both my country and my ancestral homeland I will respect your decision and treat you as such. To do otherwise would be hypocritical.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
I will say I'm disappointed you didn't call him a liberal again.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The idiocy is coming from inside the thread. :smith:

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

In this Facebook status update, I am going to make a surprising claim (with low confidence)! If you like me, and trust me, and think I might be trying to point to something important, you should read it! If you think it was interesting, consider rewarding it with a Like!

If you don't like me or don't trust me, or think I'm crazy, or think I'm trying to grab status by playing the role of more-contrarian-than-thou, please don't read it! Thanks!
I think I might advise my counterfactual self who lived in a swing state in early November 2016 to vote for Donald Trump. Please note: I'm not claiming that Trump will be a good President! Rather, the claim is that the second-order effects of the election are far more important that whichever loser happens to President (credit assignment: http://www.hpmor.com/chapter/35). Voting for Trump _looks_ crazy if you construe it as a belief that Donald Trump is the optimal choice for President of the United States. But you can also think of it as a vote for—
This actually looks like a pretty good deal to me!

Of course, I also have an ulterior motive here in the form of a personal white-hot death-grudge against the victimhood identity-politics mind-virus (for trying to brainwash the next generation of males like me into demonizing everyone who doesn't agree that they have always literally been female in some unspecified metaphysical sense whether or not they pursue any interventions to become more female-like) and the media-healthcare-educational complex (mostly the healthcare and "education" parts which have a history of forcibly imprisoning me against my will). So, maybe you shouldn't believe me!

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The idiocy is coming from inside the thread. :smith:

I'm not sure who you are referring to. For once, nobody seems to be saying anything dumb for the last page.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I'm not sure who you are referring to. For once, nobody seems to be saying anything dumb for the last page.

If nothing else it used to be established wisdom not to touch the poop.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Are you referring to my post?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Are you referring to my post?

I don't see a post in which your'e egging someone on to get into an argument on... I'm going to say Imgur. :shrug:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
I feel like if the whole fighting about the proper use of language continues to expand, in 50 years both sides will have developed separate languages that will be completely intelligible to the other half or so of the population

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

It's Life of Brian all over again.

take me to the beaver
Mar 28, 2010

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Absurd Alhazred posted:

To paraphrase Zizek:

"We're already touching the poop all the time."

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

MizPiz posted:

To paraphrase Zizek:

"We're already touching the poop all the time."

No, that's just Zizek.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Absurd Alhazred posted:

No, that's just Zizek.

Never touch the Zizek.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The world is poop. The floors are poop, the walls are poop, the door handle is poop. To move in it is to touch it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dejawesp posted:

The world is poop. The floors are poop, the walls are poop, the door handle is poop. To move in it is to touch it.

Do we need to call CPS?

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Do we need to call CPS?

Poop-world fusion at 98%. It's too late for me. Save yourselves

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
If real, she dodged a bullet

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Lottery of Babylon posted:

mostly the healthcare and "education" parts which have a history of forcibly imprisoning me against my will

:allears:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Why would he feel great sorrow about not showing such an evil hellfire movie? Shouldn't he feel great pride, or relief?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Weatherman posted:

Why would he feel great sorrow about not showing such an evil hellfire movie? Shouldn't he feel great pride, or relief?

These are tears of greed over the :homebrew:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Absurd Alhazred posted:

These are tears of greed over the :homebrew:

If he's a true God-fearing Christian, the thought of money shouldn't cross his mind :colbert:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Didn't Disney make the bad dudes the gay ones anyways ?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Slime posted:

It's uncomfortable to like, completely press your legs together but you only need your legs apart a little bit to be comfy.

also if you were allowed to reach into your pants and place your balls on top of your thighs you can close them all the way just fine

The whole argument from both sides is just annoying. Even that term is annoying. Like loads of things on the internet it would have been a fine passing observation about how people act on public transport. It now is a "thing" which people make angry videos about.

What is the term for people who passively aggressively put their bags on the seat next to them on the train when there is a huge empty rack above them? So it forces people to have to ask them to move it and they just try and find another seat because that person is probably annoying. There isn't as term for it because who gives a poo poo.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Jippa posted:

The whole argument from both sides is just annoying. Even that term is annoying. Like loads of things on the internet it would have been a fine passing observation about how people act on public transport. It now is a "thing" which people make angry videos about.

What is the term for people who passively aggressively put their bags on the seat next to them on the train when there is a huge empty rack above them? So it forces people to have to ask them to move it and they just try and find another seat because that person is probably annoying. There isn't as term for it because who gives a poo poo.

"Bagspreading". You're welcome.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Jippa posted:

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Yeah, people are totally pissed about this Disney movie corrupting their kids

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

my parents boyfriend posted:

Yeah, people are totally pissed about this Disney movie corrupting their kids

The only image I get of the author, mostly due to their CAPITALISING words for EMPHASIS:

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

The best part is how just the idea of change, with no specifics about what will change or how, is apparently deeply upsetting.

Content:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

I would love to see someone play en passant against this person in real life.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I saw someone say it's fine if people want to be gay, doesn't bother him, but he doesn't want his kids seeing gay gay gayness in movies so he's boycotting the movie.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

tyblazitar posted:

The best part is how just the idea of change, with no specifics about what will change or how, is apparently deeply upsetting.

Content:

Is this idiot angry about en passant, or the standard pawn capture rules that he somehow doesn't know?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Who is gay?

Is it The Beast?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Is this idiot angry about en passant, or the standard pawn capture rules that he somehow doesn't know?

Since they used "adjacent", I'd guess en passent. I don't think you can play chess and not know that pawns capture diagonally.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oldpainless posted:

Who is gay?

Is it The Beast?

LeFou
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVdgaSuAjII

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

oldpainless posted:

Who is gay?

Is it The Beast?

I don't know who but I'm fairly certain that it's not Belle because people rarely boycott girl on girl action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

tight aspirations posted:

Since they used "adjacent", I'd guess en passent. I don't think you can play chess and not know that pawns capture diagonally.

to stop you looking more stupid than you already do while trying to make someone else stupid, there was a version of that app where pawns could do en passant at all times on all pieces.