Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
being anti russia meddling is good but also consider energizing your constituents by giving them a reason to vote for u other than russia bad??????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I didn't even know this was a think that was happening.

Regardless, my dog is superior to all: https://www.instagram.com/ottothecorgivillain/

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

UHD posted:

I'm waiting for the rise of the alt-centrist

idk wtf that actually is though

Third Wayers ARE the alt-centrists. They were here before it was cool to be alt, also they would never want to be considered alt-anything, so they simply claimed the label "centrist" for their own.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

anime was right posted:

being anti russia meddling is good but also consider energizing your constituents by giving them a reason to vote for u other than russia bad??????
giving constituents a reason to vote for them would involve crossing their donors so this isn't going to happen

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

jimmy dore mocking russian hysterics by the democrats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dky3vpDeJ-s

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Seriously, people are losing their minds over a few chats with Russians about, uhh, something? Maybe? We're not really sure? It's bad, though. We know, because, uhh, reasons.

These same people unironically think it's good that Bibi & Crew virtually run the US Govt and recruit legions of American citizens to lobby on behalf of the apartheid Israeli government. I feel like I'm back in 2003 and people are trying to convince themselves that invading Iraq is just the right thing to do.

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
Yep this thread is still bad

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
working with a foreign power to win an election is bad even if the foreign power's support was not very effective

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

working with a foreign power to win an election is bad even if the foreign power's support was not very effective
Ya, we are the only country who should be allowed to do that!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

cheese posted:

Ya, we are the only country who should be allowed to do that!

that's bad too

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Big Fat Iguana posted:

Yep this thread is still bad

the threds bad cloud

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

At the same time, considering how much intervention on a global scale america commits, it would be unwise to not do so if you're a foreign power not on our good side

Ultimately unless they're actively lying or rigging votes I can't personally shed any tears over a country caught in our iron sights helping a candidate that wont gently caress with them.

That we can argue otherwise at all is a testament to how lovely putin is; nobody here would bat an eye if it turned out Cuba was helping Bernie Sanders draft south american forpol planks (although that would make for a once-in-a-lifetine actually good argument for bernie losing the GE, via Florida).

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

UHD posted:

I'm waiting for the rise of the alt-centrist

idk wtf that actually is though

If this is representative it's real bad.

https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/808299750030278656?lang=en

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol more on Alan Dershowitz (vibrant centrist) saga, he's CNN casually suggesting/implying the FBI should infiltrate the right & left to stop the anti-semitism, certainly no history of fbi infiltration going bad, no siree

Homeless Friend has issued a correction as of 14:47 on Mar 4, 2017

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Homeless Friend posted:

lol more on Alan Dershowitz (vibrant centrist) saga, he's CNN casually suggesting/implying the FBI should infiltrate the right & left to stop the anti-semitism, certainly no history of fbi infiltration going bad, no siree

Why do you think he's suggesting the FBI infiltrate the left? :v:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
holy poo poo lmao

https://twitter.com/kthalps/status/838022707744759810

alt-center, real word now

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

The alt-center is the most liberal Democrat horseshit I've ever heard oh my god

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yes that's the point of that piece

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

im so alt im stickykeys

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
there's going to be a entire new generation of kids who will only know alt for its association with morons

Like how the pound key is now just hashtag. Sad!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
alt-c-spam

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
E- wrong thread

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
excuse me the word is "alternate"

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
alt is the new neo

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

this article owns it's a giant tear down of that retarded vanity fair article

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

anime was right posted:

Maybe they should do both, since the Russia stuff is doing a surprisingly decent job of undermining the current administration, which we're stuck with for three years regardless

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

logikv9 posted:

there's going to be a entire new generation of kids who will only know alt for its association with morons

your posts are alt-good :grin:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lol :thermidor:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
is it garland who has the large karate sons?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

is it garland who has the large karate sons?

kurt eichenwald

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

Pros and Cons of the times.

plus language has always been evolutionary. I don't see anyone speaking old english for example except for the welsh~

As long as they associate alt = morons, then it's fine. Internet has been using buzzwords to generate a meme but people often call out on it and it also generally dies out after some time, some are just a trend much like replacing S with Z in the 90s

The hypernormalization of the kidz in this age~

Just compare terms that have been run down into the ground a few years ago compared to the terms that are being run down into the ground today

Hashtag is here to stay tho, and I'll just run away if someone says "hashtag" as a preface unironically out loud irl :yikes:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i always get kurt and eric confused :P

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
did Kurt successfully sue the dude who send him a gif

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
people it's not only okay, but morally imperative to punch

1)nazis
2)people who say alt-center unironically

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
yes. that pepe mother fucker is now rotting in jail for his internet crimes.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

yes. that pepe mother fucker is now rotting in jail for his internet crimes.

pepe streaked in public shouting "alt-center!" unironically

does that require a double punch pomp

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Main Paineframe posted:

Maybe they should do both, since the Russia stuff is doing a surprisingly decent job of undermining the current administration, which we're stuck with for three years regardless

47 months remain of the trump presidency

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

zeal posted:

47 months remain of the trump presidency

lol thats only half

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Baloogan posted:

lol thats only half