Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
lol hes talkign about mooslems hating our guts, ok then.

balls of ed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

quadrophrenic posted:

now he's defending foreign aid?

lindsey graham, my dude

Did... did he really do it? Did he make America great again?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Not enough respect for president Eisenhower these days, the man was amazing

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
he's so loving frustrating

he says like 3 or 4 really cool lefty things and then he says "not building KXL will lead to another 9/11"

i'm ready to like you, linz, you gotta put in some effort tho

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lmao every day I wake up and it's a new loving crazy thing and it's gonna be like this for 4 years

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Schnorkles posted:

Bannon and trump fighting the "deep state" is hilarious because he can fire a lot of the people if he's so worried.

but then his administration won't work. sad!

Plus the federal hiring freeze and the utter lack of anyone competent willing to work for them

Turns out rampant enemy making is a bad move!!

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Schnorkles posted:

Bannon and trump fighting the "deep state" is hilarious because he can fire a lot of the people if he's so worried.

hmmm.... my administration is leaking like a sieve....lets fire everybody, that'll fix it

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

zeal posted:

barrack h. obama is a spineless coward too busy double-teaming prostitutes with his wife on richard branson's whore island to contemplate any of this

*emotionless cspam call-in show host expression* thanks

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
im probably going to start drinking before noon today

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

given his previous efforts i imagine the vetting is going like this

bannon to obama aide: "DO YOU READ BREITBART REGULARLY?"

obama aide lyingly: "Umm, yes?

bannon: "GOOD YOU'RE CLEARED"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
those tweets are legitimately terrifying

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/AndrewDumont/status/837800585705377792

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

leaked photo of Bannon explaining deep state to Trump

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
re:tweet

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Which song should I have on loop while watching this poo poo? "It's the End of the World as We Know It" by R.E.M. or "Atomic Power" by Uncle Tupelo?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Plus the federal hiring freeze and the utter lack of anyone competent willing to work for them

Turns out rampant enemy making is a bad move!!

I've already personally seen the effect it's had on fairly nonpartisan agencies. I can't imagine how bad it is for those actually working on the morally objectionable stuff.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
https://thetrumpwatchdog.com/2017/0...-path-to-putin/

I'm up to 50 links now. Some are probably nothing like that Alfa Bank server thing, Guccifer maybe working for Russia, and Wendi Deng-Putin connection but the sheer amount of people lobbiying for Russian oil companies who are also on the Council for National Policy and support Trump is pretty concerning.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

TwoStepBoog posted:

Good morning yall

It's time to start drinking already?

first thing i did this morning while spping my coffeee and playing nusic

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
real talk I think Bannon is completely out of his depth and totally clueless in how to move forward and this whole "he's a dark mastermind woah ho ho ho" is really stupid

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

quadrophrenic posted:

he's so loving frustrating

he says like 3 or 4 really cool lefty things and then he says "not building KXL will lead to another 9/11"

i'm ready to like you, linz, you gotta put in some effort tho

lindsey graham is every sympathetic republican character from the west wing

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Boner Zone posted:

im probably going to start drinking before noon today

I fatly and slowly (bigly?) ran a 5k today and rewarded myself with a beer at 10 am.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Pancakes posted:

Which song should I have on loop while watching this poo poo? "It's the End of the World as We Know It" by R.E.M. or "Atomic Power" by Uncle Tupelo?

Everything is beautiful.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Squizzle posted:

except the lawyers

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

Big difference lol

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Mikey can at least use a printer

crazy

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
NC update
https://twitter.com/AP/status/838064258315403265

quote:

The confrontation continues Tuesday, when the two branches of state government appear for a court hearing before the third. A panel of three trial judges will gather in Raleigh to hear lawyers for Gov. Roy Cooper dispute attorneys for the state House and Senate leaders over whether new laws are constitutional.

"This is a fight that involves really the three branches of government. It's one of a series of possible contests that we can see as the governor serves his term in office about who is going to make what decisions," High Point University political scientist Martin Kifer said. "It also has to do with the pace of policymaking. This isn't speeding things up."

GOP lawmakers passed several provisions that reduced the incoming governor's powers during a surprise special legislative session two weeks before Cooper took office Jan. 1. The laws:

— require Cooper's choices to run 10 state agencies to be approved by the GOP-led Senate.

— strip Cooper's control over administering elections and gives Republicans control over state and local elections boards during even-numbered years when elections for major statewide and national office are held.

— slash Cooper's patronage hiring discretion and gives civil service protections to hundreds of political appointees hired by former Republican Gov. Pat McCrory, who narrowly lost to Cooper last fall.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Pancakes posted:

godspeed you black emperor

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Squizzle posted:

lindsey graham cares about the democratic process, but is still a republican.

also he doesn't like one Donald J. Trump and is eager for his numbers to get bad enough so that he can heel turn and hit him with a chair in a senatorial meeting.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

real talk I think Bannon is completely out of his depth and totally clueless in how to move forward and this whole "he's a dark mastermind woah ho ho ho" is really stupid

the only thing that "successful" that has his whiskey stained hands on it is the ramp up of ICE efforts against undocumented people, and that's mostly just using obama's existing infrastructure and relaxing the rules. every single other thing of his agenda that's required a new policy and an original plan has been a completely failure.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

That's... That's Joe Lieberman's music!!!!

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Pancakes posted:

Oh poo poo, "How it Ends" by Devotchka, also a possibility.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugchasing

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Andrew Dumont's dad wants to electrocute gay people? hosed up if true

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Pancakes posted:

https://youtu.be/lACeX53ER_Q?t=12

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Schnorkles posted:

they have no idea how to write any type of legislation

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i <3 alcoholic jon hamm

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SKULL.GIF posted:

it's day 44 and y'all bad at calendars

were drunks who gives a poo poo

its all the same

wake up, see your glorious leader have a meltdown and contemplate how ephemeral your life is, then forget about it as you take your regulation whiskey shots with your breakfast and then shower with a cold beer in hand and then sit out on the porch with a vape and scotch in a glass, pass out for a few hours and forget what day it is, then go online and laugh at people who think they'll stop the missiles with their ARs and hands and yinlocking without a liscence. Then you play a few rounds of whatever game u want, watch netflix, listen to some music and then drift back to sleep where its the closest feeling you'll get to death for a brief moment as you lay supine, suspended in the blackness of the universe where time no longer exists because it is not part of this reality in this construct of your mind as you perceive it.

You may be a decade old, centuries old, h*ck even eons old, there is no longer any type of objective relativity as you are eventually shattered into the swirling heat of our dying star. The universe beckons and your temporary body returns to dust, perhaps your atoms scattered across countless galaxies to be reformed on another alien planet that can maintain life and you will have a couple million years to evolve, form your own alien alcohol and alien weed, alien languages, and alien internet where we have an alien democracy and are forced to watch our pissbaby manchild alien president have a meltdown on alien twitter and then you wonder if it was all worth it, you then shrug it off and embrace your ephemerality once again.

and this fucko here is telling us about the wrong calendar day :laffo:

jest drink~ :cheers:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

im having option paralysis now omg where do you even start talking about this its, wow, its, yeah, it really is

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Zikan posted:

the only thing that "successful" that has his whiskey stained hands on it is the ramp up of ICE efforts against undocumented people, and that's mostly just using obama's existing infrastructure and relaxing the rules. every single other thing of his agenda that's required a new policy and an original plan has been a completely failure.

people who have never dealt with a bureaucracy even in a similar magnitude of the one that is the federal government think that they're gonna come in and change everything and then get really surprised when nothing loving happens and they can't do anything to change institutional inertia.

it takes like a year and a half to get the bureaucracy wrangled, 2-3 years if its actively fighting you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Schnorkles posted:

yeah, dude know how to run a lovely right-wing circle jerk website, not how to run one of the largest bureaucracies that have ever existed.

• Locked thread