Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Sure are a lot of people getting bent out of shape at our ribbing of goofy video game poo poo on this dead comedy forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I hope ME if decent but if it's bad I'll enjoy having a laugh but I wish more games were good!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Crabtree posted:

It's going to possibly be a good game buried in a lot of potential busy work. Like, I could take dumb story if its just that. But the people behind this LOVE planet scanning. So I'm worried that they're just going to tie getting anything cool behind LOADS OF BUSYWORK.

Why do they love planet scanning? Do they also love bar code readers? Are these the people that scan every bar code at a grocery store?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Admiral Ray posted:

Why do they love planet scanning? Do they also love bar code readers? Are these the people that scan every bar code at a grocery store?

we finally found what happened to the kids that played with skannerz

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I hope ME if decent but if it's bad I'll enjoy having a laugh but I wish more games were good!

get the gently caress outta heee

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I can't believe no one's posted this screencap yet:

Caption contest time

They call her the baroness because she can suck a golf ball from a vacuum cleaner hose.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Is any of the editions pre order only or parts of? I'm abroad for two more months and a bit unsure how I can buy this on my phone (website?) or if Ill miss any content by not pre ordering. It's cheaper to pre order?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Alan Is More Upset posted:

Sure are a lot of people getting bent out of shape at our ribbing of goofy video game poo poo on this dead comedy forum.

"Game will be trash, liking things is for bozos" gets old after three months.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

Admiral Ray posted:

Uhhh I had a Cuecat barcode scanner for my PC back in the day and it owned.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Yeah I don't believe for a second that's all it was. Maybe at first but after a point people start to get high on their own farts and think they really are some eagle eyed animation connoisseur due to the screenshots taken by some dude on Reddit. Those HACKS at Bioware, how dare they output such substandard work!!!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
YOU JUST KEEP HITTING THOSE loving HOME RUNS BIOWARE

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

AngryBooch posted:

I doubt Bioware has the restraint to portray the Ryders as green 22 year olds instead of hypercompetent operatives on the level of Shepard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiRDJLcYua0

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
This thread has now convinced me that this game is going to suck.
Quality animation never looks goofy paus-

Oh.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hmmm I wonder how Bioware might put these newer, more dynamic, more pliable lip animations of theirs to use :quagmire:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I hope this doesn't have the same audio gently caress up that was fixable in ME3 but not in DA:I about the number of channels being used, which made DAI literally unplayable for me lol

midwat
May 6, 2007

Groetgaffel posted:

This thread has now convinced me that this game is going to suck.
Quality animation never looks goofy paus-

Oh.

You're absolutely right! There are no, say, gifs of this game's animation looking terrible in motion. None at all.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Thor-Stryker posted:

Or we can just model everyone to speak like sperg-lord basement dwellers who mumble every sentence as if they're trying to be a ventriloquist.

No see this is actually what they did do, and that's why we're mocking it.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

And the winner for best reddit comment of all time:

quote:

(record scratch) (freeze frame) Yep, that's me, Scott Ryder. You're probably wondering how I ended up in the Andromeda Galaxy...

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dyaxyzc7QU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
You tried.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

:five:

Career
Mar 27, 2010

Why would you take design cues from the weak parts of a game that didn't sell as well as the games you're making a sequel to? DA:I's open-world content was pure grind with no payoff. Hopefully the "meaningful sidequests like TW3" namedropping they've been doing isn't pure bullshit; would've liked to see some of that in the footage.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Seconds after this some of the npcs in the background change positions and lerp from one spot to the other with motion blur like ghosts.

:choco:

Floor is lava fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Mar 4, 2017

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Captain Oblivious posted:

Ah, you mean as in a kind of thing where the ending does poo poo like "Because Ryder woke up all the military people first he wound up causing a Fascist Military State in Andromeda that went on to conquer neighboring clusters, good job"? I could see that.

If you don't play Ryder as an imperialist warmonger you're doing it wrong

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

The Iron Rose posted:

Mass Effect: Belgian Congo

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I'm naming a planet Rhodesia

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

a primate posted:

I'm naming a planet Rhodesia

In ME:A 2 the natives throw you out and confiscate your fancy Milky Way technology. In ME:A 3 you return and can buy all the hookers you want for 100 million trillion local space bux (or a thermal clip).

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Can't wait to romance the hot new squadmate, Leon Rom

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

The Iron Rose posted:

Going by the exploration video being a bad guy doesn't seem to be a thing. It mentioned how that if you wanted an outpost on the planet you needed to show the krogans you would be helpful to them.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm willing to get in bed with the krogans to further the Andromeda Initiative's goals.

... what I mean is, I'm willing to work with them on various issues

Then we'll have rough, bruise-inducing sex

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I can't believe no one's posted this screencap yet:

Caption contest time

Oral sex confirmed

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

Seconds after this some of the npcs in the background change positions and lerp from one spot to the other with motion blur like ghosts.

:choco:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2qFhbWBT4A

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I will play as male Ryder and change his face because he looks like he dropped out of Jersey Shore and I want him to look like a grotesque ugly creature such as myself instead, thank you for reading.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Someone pointed out the stars it appears you'll visit.

quote:

Pearl‏ @fatherofpearl
I remember seeing that you can do multiple NG+ cycles on the same character, does the difficulty keep scaling beyond the 1st NG+?

Ian S. Frazier‏ @tibermoon
yup

Dark Souls Effect!?

quote:

Pearl‏ @fatherofpearl1
Sick. Follow-up question: Does difficulty infinitely scale, or is there a cap after x cycles?

Ian S. Frazier @tibermoon
It scales based on your own progression, not the number of cycles. So when you're level 103, it's still getting harder. ;)

No, more like the Witcher 3, where starting a new game made your current level basically the new level 1 for purposes of content scaling.

quote:

Chris Miracle‏ @miracle_5514
As Ryder can go to infinity level, how will skill points work with squadies? I feel like they'd top out quickly. @gamblemike aarynflynn

Squadmates and player can both keep leveling until they've simply run out of things to spend points in. Squadmates top out long before Ryder does, but still past where we expect the average player's "endgame" to be.

quote:

BioFan‏ @biofanofficial
No details, but I'm in a #MEAndromeda love triangle. 😳

Biofan, I believe, consistently plays gay characters, so I take this to most likely mean you can have multiple gay love interests at once. We've only really had one gay love interest hinted at until now, so I hope that's good news for gay players.

quote:

N. Shaketown‏ @n_shaketown
do you know if well be able to switch between 2 languages like in DAI or only be able to change the subtitles like previous ME?

like DAI

And a multiplayer pic:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I don't get the point of that galaxy map screenshot, they were already marked why do they need to be pointed out with numbers?
Is it the... order in which we'll be visiting them?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Deakul posted:

I don't get the point of that galaxy map screenshot, they were already marked why do they need to be pointed out with numbers?

I dunno, to count them probably? The numbers are just going left to right, no way is that how they'll have people explore.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yeah, it's just someone counting them up and then using that number to get grumpy because technically Mass Effect 1 had more stars to visit, therefore this game that promises to be the biggest Mass Effect isn't actually the biggest because the only thing that makes the game itself big is the number of stars, of course!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I would be very surprised if a feature of the big New open world mass effect game was "you have to do the planets in order"

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Deakul posted:

It's definitely to count them. 37 systems are visible. It's still possible that more systems will be unlocked later in the story, like it happened in ME2 and ME3 if I recall correctly.

How many systems could we visit in ME2 and ME3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Did people ever count the number of star systems in Mass Effect? I don't think I ever cared except to remember "oh yeah there's that Geth base sidequest here."