Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

FeMC is not canon. you don't wanna play a fanfic game do you??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My OC is gonna kick your rear end for saying that

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Super No Vacancy posted:

FeMC is not canon. you don't wanna play a fanfic game do you??

I dunno you seem to like P4D so much!!!!!'1111111

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

All Persona is a fanfic made by people in the world of Tokyo Mirage Sessions which is the only truly canon SMT game. Sorry to inform you.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

I dunno you seem to like P4D so much!!!!!'1111111

P4DAN is extremely canon tho

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Every time I go back to TMS I'm shocked at how hard that game gets. Those boss fights are no joke.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I'm gonna fire all of you out of a cannon.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

NikkolasKing posted:

I'm probably just gonna play as the girl because I want to see the new S Links. Are there any other notable additions?

Skill cards! And Tartarus rescue missions.

StandardVC10 fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Mar 4, 2017

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

StandardVC10 posted:

Skill cards! And Tartarus rescue missions.

Skill Cards are whatever - it was a nice thing to be able to give my Personas certain debuffs but overall I dIdn't need them much. Maybe it's just the fact I had more S Links in 4 than 3 and thus had access to a lot more Personas but 4 seemed a lot more generous in terms of really good abilities like Power Charge and Mind Charge.

Tartarus rescue missions sound intriguing....

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Think I got spoiled on the final boss of P5.

For someone who can fill me in, how big of a deal is seeing that guy, even for a couple of seconds? Is that like a game ruining spoiler?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Do you know what happened or anything about them aside from what they look like?

If not that should answer your own question.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

Do you know what happened or anything about them aside from what they look like?

If not that should answer your own question.

No, so I guess it should be fine.

Thanks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its hosed up that i now know the final boss of p5 has a face, maybe.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's Weissman the Faceless

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

agria the shadowless

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

one time i got suspended on gamefaqs for saying that twilight princess had a final boss

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

one time i got suspended on gamefaqs for saying that twilight princess had a final boss

tbf i'm always surprised GF is still around and how they manage with 2 mods for the entire site.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

it'll be extremely hosed up if gamefaqs ever disappears and i have to learn what to do next in video games from 15 minute long youtube videos or shitily organized wikias

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

it'll be extremely hosed up if gamefaqs ever disappears and i have to learn what to do next in video games from 15 minute long youtube videos or shitily organized wikias
gamefaqs gets enough traffic that i have to imagine they get decent advertising money

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Endorph posted:

its hosed up that i now know the final boss of p5 has a face, maybe.

Hey, in a lot of SMT games the final boss IS a face.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's me, I'm the Final Boss of P5, I fooled all of you

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Captain Baal posted:

Please tag your spoilers.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The final boss of P5 is Yu Narukami, angry that someone else is trying to steal the Persona spotlight from him

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
The final boss is just Raidou actually.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Captain Baal posted:

im coming to kick ur rear end

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Final boss of Persona 5, featuring Dante from Devil May Cry, is Dante from Devil May Cry.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
But it's the reboot version, just to make sure that absolutely nobody is happy

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

OneDeadman posted:

The final boss is just Raidou actually.

I would be ok w this.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I beat Tokyo Mirage Sessions finally

That game's good but it kinda runs out of steam by the end, was more than ready for it to be over but I had to deal with a bit of grinding to get through the last few bosses

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
At least it was worth it for singing super saiyan notMarth.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Anyone know how stark the differences of PS3 P5? If its loading times, lower resolution and at least playable I wouldn't mind just dusting off the PS3 for it. I've been fine not having a PS4 but Horizon, Nioh and P5 make a p good argument for finally taking the plunge.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKbMW9lPwq4

load times seem like a second longer on ps3, max, ps4 obviously looks better, the city segments in the ps4 version are way more crowded with random faceless npcs (doesn't affect gameplay at all but it does take a tiny bit away from the mood), battle animations in ps3 version seem very slightly choppy. overall it seems extremely minor and unlikely to affect enjoyment but the ps4 version does look noticeably better. doesn't seem like there's any fps difference at all in the city or in dungeon exploration.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 4, 2017

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Speaking of a bit too early P5 talk, what difficulty level would people suggest playing?
I find SMT games to be a bit too easy in general, but I generally don't like the Hard difficulty levels because they make everything more expensive which just makes you need to sit around grinding for money.
Does the difficulty affect the prices of stuff?
I feel like a bit of an idiot letting the fanciest pre-order edition go out of stock because I wasn't 100% sure what my address would be by the release date.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Item Getter posted:

Speaking of a bit too early P5 talk, what difficulty level would people suggest playing?
I find SMT games to be a bit too easy in general, but I generally don't like the Hard difficulty levels because they make everything more expensive which just makes you need to sit around grinding for money.
Does the difficulty affect the prices of stuff?
I feel like a bit of an idiot letting the fanciest pre-order edition go out of stock because I wasn't 100% sure what my address would be by the release date.

Normal mode is fine. Also Amazon tends to have extra LE after release date for popular games.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So this is kind of a random question but reading the latest update in the Strange Journey LP got me thinking.

Are all the SMT games supposed to be Humanity gently caress Yeah?

That message was very blatant in P3 and 4 where you beat up gods who then pat you on the back for beating them up because it shows you don't need them.

But I went Law in SJ and "Chaos" in Nocturne (I know Law/Chaos is missing from the game but I mean, the Reasons are YWHW's plan so they would be Law and True Demon is Lucifer's plan so it would be Chaos, right?) so I maybe missed that the SMT games are as pro-humanity as the Persona games.

But I disagree with that position so I'm glad there are multiple routes. Kinda wish Persona had something like that.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Kinda? Neutral routes are usually the "True" endings in a sense, and sometimes involve slaughtering both sides at once so humanity can be allowed to build its own future without the interference of Law/YHVH or Chaos/Lucifer.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the message of most SMT games is that the interference of demons/angels just makes things worse for everybody involved and everyone would be happier if they never stuck their noses in

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

the message of most SMT games is that the interference of demons/angels just makes things worse for everybody involved and everyone would be happier if they never stuck their noses in

Pretty much this.

SMT's overall message trends almost universally towards the idea that religion and deities are not actually helpful and humanity is at its best when freed from or overpowering them, though sometimes it trends towards "it's mostly that rear end in a top hat YHWH"

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

SMT4:A makes that message super clear and kinda annoying. Regular SMT4 was kinda normal SMT stuff, but Nocturne was cool because you got to hear people's stupid Reasons and be like what the heck man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

NikkolasKing posted:

So this is kind of a random question but reading the latest update in the Strange Journey LP got me thinking.

Are all the SMT games supposed to be Humanity gently caress Yeah?

Overall the SMT games are humanist works, yes.

The example being Strange Journey, the demons aren't lying, humanity caused the Schwarzwelt by exhibiting the vices shown off in the first half of the game. But it falls to humanity to solve the problem, and Gore suggests that humanity has a potential greater than we've shown. If we don't pursue that potential humanity is doomed, to be destroyed by the Schwarzwelt returning, in this context.

I've always interpreted SMT as sort of an anti-nuclear weapons piece, for some reason.