Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

boner confessor posted:

Well, that was a fair bit shorter than I had expected! In case you're wondering, I went on my first ever business trip, and of all places I've lost a lot of interest in due to family, it just happened to be right in the Vadnais Heights area. Like, really? What are the chances of that happening, helping out a different Wal-mart with preparing for inventory day, at a Wal-mart I often visited during my trips to that area? Wow! I was one of the 10 out of the 400ish workers there selected to go. There is a small chance of returning there for another purpose though.

I've learned a few new things as well. First, I learned much of what cap 2 stuff is like. That is, loading up L carts and rocket carts with presorted boxes from the backroom and getting them on the shelves. I didn't get to learn how to use the so-called "Gemini" as I hear it being called and I didn't get to learn how the unloading of a truck works (cap 1 duties). I, at the very end, got to learn how to handle doing the fish. I've, only slightly, learned how to spider-wrap something (that is, the security devices put on higher value items as an anti-theft measure). I've gained a good bit of extra flexibility that will carry on into the main Wal-mart.

Outside of the work itself, I stayed at a hotel. It was unknown if a pool was going to be there, so I packed my video game system to go with. There was a pool (at 54 inches deep at the deepest point) there.
The first day was the long drive to the area and checking in. The second day was spent learning stocking, starting with paper towels and similar such stuff in that area then moved on to cereal and other breakfast-type stuff. I learned about top stock, when something needs to be binned (and the conditions for binning it), and reading the labels to determine what goes where and various other specifications. Man, so much stuff, hidden details, that I never even knew was on a Wal-mart price sticker label. All I knew about was the price and UPC (or, at first, I thought it was the UPC, but I often had things not matching so I was confused). Little did I know, there's a zone, section, and peg location, shelf span, shelf stock limit, a department number, and even some (rare) special indications such as "YLW" to indicate a hazardous substance that is highly reactive) in addition to the price and UPC. There was presented the option of staying longer to help out and, sadly, I was the only one out of the entire group that even wanted to stay longer to help out. Being forced to leave early due to transit problems... not what I was hoping for. After work, I mainly waited for the group to return so I could go out and do stuff with them, in this case, go in the pool. However, they never came back as I thought so I gave up on it and just went to bed.

The third day was mostly cleaning during the first half since that's when the inventory stuff was going on. Eating lunch at Mad Jack's practically right across the street was next where I got the best-tasting mac and cheese I've ever had at a restaurant. The second half of the day was back to restocking stuff, generally cereal and other similar breakfast type stuff. At the hotel, as per an agreement made, me and at least 3 others wanted to go in the pool to have fun. I started out going in the hot tub with them for a short bit then I went in the pool. It felt very cold, but I remembered the quick immersion method and it helped a lot. I played with some of the kids there, using some basketballs that were present. Then the kids left after an hour or so so I joined the others in the hot tub again where it almost felt like it burned due to the huge temperature difference. After a bit, the others wanted to go in the pool and after the quick adjustment, explaining to them what I do for that, and we played with the basketballs a fair bit. After that, it was back to the hot tub for the final stretch.

The fourth day was a lot of stocking, where I worked mostly in the electronics area (the department in which I have the greatest familiarity with things) and it's when I learned how to spider wrap something. Right afterward, it was going back to the backroom to let those in the area know that some items needed to be binned and some items were not yet released and thus couldn't be sold (Nintendo Switch stuff). Just before I got to the backroom, I was flagged by a customer needing assistance with getting fish. I asked one of the very nearby associates about it and they knew how to do it. Instead of going into the backroom to bin that stuff, I decided to stand by and watch, to learn the process. Once done, I resumed going back to the backroom to inform someone that those items needed to be binned or weren't yet allowed to be sold. I loaded up another rocket cart, this time full of pet stuff and I began stocking the pets area. A few minutes into starting, I had a customer wanting to get help with getting fish. Barely 15 minutes ago, I learned the process. I found that the hardest part of the whole process is trying to catch the fish and bring them up to the top, to take them out and move them into a bag. I had that associate who explained to me guide me and I didn't really need too much assistance. After this, it was going back to the hotel and going to the Mall of America to look around. At the Verizon that was located there, I saw this one TV that had a logo about 4 inches (10 cm) behind the screen where the screen itself was transparent. I never saw anything like that before. The screen itself was just purely 2D though, just transparent. Then came Best Buy where I got to do a test drive of the Tamron 150-600 mm f5/6-3 lens that I'm now considering getting for the super telephoto end. I finally got to speak about camera stuff with someone who was very camera knowledgeable. I showed him the f/0.95 lenses I have and he was really impressed. I demonstrated the impact that that sort of lens has on the light intake and he was very surprised at how fast of a shutter speed I could use because of it. He was also surprised at just how crazy heavy they are. There was an attempt at minigolf, but that closed unexpectedly early.

The fifth day was the long drive back to Minot and outside leaving fairly late (there was no check-out time other than being no later than noon for the hotel, and no check in for work but still had to log the hours). This is where I end my first ever business trip.

The management there was really impressed with all the help that was provided.

^ this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
ulillillia loving owns

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
friends, the rabbis have declared me a clean meat. i won't last long. farewell

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Avshalom posted:

rip

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Since when is Siege 78 GB to re-install? :stare:

Edit: Oh wait, Steam automatically includes DLC so that's the texture pack.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Since when is Siege 78 GB to re-install? :stare:

Edit: Oh wait, Steam automatically includes DLC so that's the texture pack.
yeah that's the texture pack. it makes for funny patches since they update that poo poo regularly in some hipster way so, say with the last dlc, normal patch is 4gb but the hires is 12gb or something

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Just another brick in the 250 GB download queue. :v:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Just another brick in the 250 GB download queue. :v:
what are 100 gb of those that arent siege and eso :v:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Bueno Papi posted:

Large double double.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

what are 100 gb of those that arent siege and eso :v:

Basically, Ghost Recon: Wildlands and some assorted smaller games and applications.

The SATA slots are placed somewhat inconveniently with everything else already in the case, so I haven't bothered with mounting the mechanical hard drive I stored the big games on.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Basically, Ghost Recon: Wildlands and some assorted smaller games and applications.

The SATA slots are placed somewhat inconveniently with everything else already in the case, so I haven't bothered with mounting the mechanical hard drive I stored the big games on.
wildlands? the beta is still on, or the game is out?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

wildlands? the beta is still on, or the game is out?

Preload has been available since yesterday. Release is on Tuesday.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

oh :rip:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Cease to Hope posted:

what the gently caress is a light novel

It's airport novels in Japan.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Avshalom posted:

But men can't touch you while you're bleeding

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

It's airport novels in Japan.

And creepy erotica in the West.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Avshalom posted:

We hope you will be turned into pastrami

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
they say power corrupts but drat, it only took trump a couple months to completely lose his mind

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Volkerball posted:

they say power corrupts but drat, it only took trump a couple months to completely lose his mind

I think Trump is just being gaslighted by Obama, who now lives in the crawlspaces of the White House and personally hacks into every communication device within a 100m radius to thirst his lust for data.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Volkerball posted:

Never had it

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
the night they drove old zouxie down
and all the chelbs were baking
and the minorities were faking
he sang "avshalom's an unfunny hack"
"and nutranurse isn't really black"

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Avshalom posted:

and all the chelbs were baking
and the minorities were faking
he sang "avshalom's an unfunny hack"
"and nutranurse isn't really black"

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
I don't think rotd was 'round when that happened

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i am feeling nostalgic

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Randler posted:

I think Trump is just being gaslighted by Obama, who now lives in the crawlspaces of the White House and personally hacks into every communication device within a 100m radius to thirst his lust for data.

tomorrow: "Been told that Obama is the clown from It but with wiretaps. Sad!"

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

But men can't touch you while you're bleeding

Who, what, why

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pirate Radar posted:

Who, what, why

leviticus 15:19

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

But the entire point of Leviticus is ritual purity to prepare for the coming of the Messiah? So that regulation should be inapplicable for over 2000 years.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Randler posted:

But the entire point of Leviticus is ritual purity to prepare for the coming of the Messiah? So that regulation should be inapplicable for over 2000 years.

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Randler posted:

Get out of here with your weirdo criminal cult

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

boner confessor posted:

Well, that was a fair bit shorter than I had expected! In case you're wondering, I went on my first ever business trip, and of all places I've lost a lot of interest in due to family, it just happened to be right in the Vadnais Heights area.

where'd you get this from

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
https://twitter.com/DougSaunders/status/838071020208730112

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

boner confessor posted:

The management there was really impressed with all the help that was provided.

good, good

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Randler posted:

You prepurchased Wildlands but not Nier?

There is no hope left for Germany, maybe we can still save France.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

What is neir coming out on? The bunny hop video got me rehype for it

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Furnaceface posted:

You prepurchased Wildlands but not Nier?

There is no hope left for Germany, maybe we can still save France.

I'm not really a fan of Platinum games, partly due to never having played any of their console games, partly due to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance not being all that good.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

that's, honestly, weird as gently caress

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-german-right-believes-its-time-to-discard-their-countrys-historical-guilt-1488467995

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

What is neir coming out on? The bunny hop video got me rehype for it

PS4 and Steam. Im getting it for console because Canadian internet sucks and a 60GB game is exactly half my monthly download limit. :smith:

• Locked thread