Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Leal posted:

Wow, he ran his mouth so much that machinima gave him das boot. I wonder if any other partner companies would actually want him?

I guess he could join Channel Awesome, he and Doug can trade let's play tips :v:

He was actually going to way back when, before he partnered with machinima. That fell through though because he got booted off blip for making extremely anti Semitic jokes. :ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Kinda feeling bad for DSP. He did bring this to himself though and he is a toxic person. But it doesn't feel good to see someone lose his livelyhood

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
If it makes you feel better pretend that he put the same effort and attitude into making video game entertainment and place him as a grocery store cashier instead of a cubicle worker or literally any other job.

He had all the time in the world to curb his attitude and demeanor and obviously felt no need to do so whatsoever despite massive negative results.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I'm baffled that any group would want him, he was never good and his atrocity tourism value has tanked a lot by this point and he's deservedly just falling the hell apart. "Oh boy, time to get in on this gold mine!"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Seriously, someone saw the financial equivalent of a sucking chest wound and thought "get that man a contract!"

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
1700 people watched DSP on stream today beg for his viewers to contact Youtube partnerships on his behalf, explain that he can't get a job because his girlfriend needs their leased BMW and he has a bad back, and blame his haters for sabotaging his potential prospects.

That's 5 times more than regularly watch his gameplay streams, to put the train wreck value into perspective.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwk1DogcPmU

This is hilarious. Never thought I'd say this, but good for PewDiePie.

They tried to cut and paste things from his videos to make him appear as if he's an anti-Semite, and full on Nazi endorser by taking poo poo out of context. The fact that he's playing off that poo poo, and poking fun at the people/organizations doing that, is hilarious. They can't stand it, and it's loving great.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

BMS posted:

They tried to cut and paste things from his videos to make him appear as if he's an anti-Semite, and full on Nazi endorser by taking poo poo out of context. The fact that he's playing off that poo poo, and poking fun at the people/organizations doing that, is hilarious. They can't stand it, and it's loving great.

:rolleyes: Did you even read the thread subtitle before you posted this?

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Absurd Alhazred posted:

:rolleyes: Did you even read the thread subtitle before you posted this?

BMS posted:

They can't stand it, and it's loving great.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:ironicat:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Heard "I think there's gonna be" and closed. Here's hoping that half a second of his stupid rear end in a top hat face doesn't poison my recommendations for too long.

Also the guy's still poo poo, I'd say good for him if he quit.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

BMS posted:

No one's saying he's a full blown white supremacist anti-Semite. Just that his actions were anti-Semitic and as such were really lovely to do, especially since, due to his immense popularity, that would help normalize it for quite a few people.

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Mar 4, 2017

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Danaru posted:

Seriously, someone saw the financial equivalent of a sucking chest wound and thought "get that man a contract!"

Nobody has given him a contract. He's actually scared that all of his past actions have caught up with him and that nobody will partner him.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Genocyber posted:

No one's saying he's a full blown white supremacist anti-Semite. Just that his actions were anti-Semitic and as such were really lovely to do, especially since, due to his immense popularity, that would help normalize it for quite a few people.

was changed to ->

I actually suggest you folks watch that video or AT LEAST the next one on the subject he made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTCDfE_sKnM

because they go over some of the poo poo people are saying about him in-depth.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 4, 2017

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Surely there's Outside-SA LP Crap Shoot news that's less than two weeks old.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I mean, he apologized for his behavior (despite defending himself) and protested that the fiverr guys shouldn't get attention/get in trouble because of what he did because he recognizes that he's the one who paid them to do it. But as it turns out, people don't really care about that because holding a pitchfork and torch is much more fun!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

CJacobs posted:

But as it turns out, people don't really care about that!

He did multiple lovely things and was lovely beforehand so it's not hard to still be on their case.

E: And lol to that edit, oh no internet angry mobs, whatever will the embattled multi-millionaire do.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 4, 2017

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CJacobs posted:

I mean, he apologized for his behavior (despite defending himself) and protested that the fiverr guys shouldn't get attention/get in trouble because of what he did because he recognizes that he's the one who paid them to do it. But as it turns out, people don't really care about that because holding a pitchfork and torch is much more fun!

Yeah. Look at the date on those stories you put up. How long ago is Feb 16th? Maybe you're the one who is caring too much.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah. Look at the date on those stories you put up. How long ago is Feb 16th? Maybe you're the one who is caring too much.

hint: It's one story, and the headline was changed much more recently after it caught flak for being ridiculous

But also, he mentions it in the video that none of you watched because you don't like the guy!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CJacobs posted:

hint: It's one story, and the headline was changed much more recently after it caught flak for being ridiculous

But also, he mentions it in the video that none of you watched because you don't like the guy!

Yeah, I don't like him. I watched like, what, 5 minutes into it before I got tired of his whining about how WSJ interviewed him and only talked about how much money he was making :qq:, and how oppressed he feels by the media that hates Youtube creators.

Newsflash: traditional actors and producers and directors etc literally have aisles near the register dedicated to tabloids paparazzying the poo poo out of their lives and spreading unfounded conspiracy theories about them, they wish they had it this easy. Grow the gently caress up.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CJacobs posted:

was changed to ->

I actually suggest you folks watch that video or AT LEAST the next one on the subject he made:

Ha, he got the Fiverr guys to do that at the end. Nice touch.

Yardbomb, hell, I don't care for PewDiePie's content either, but that doesn't change the fact that WSJ, and other little rinky-dink outlets and people actively tried to screw him over by misrepresenting what was actually going on.

The overall message that was being pushed out was that, yes, PewDiePie is an anti-Semite because he made that "joke". Which is why they reached for all those straws to connect him with neo-nazis and push the thought that yeah, he supported poo poo like that. (Can't count the number of articles, and just sheer online posts referencing that the Daily Stormer had renamed itself to the #1 PewDiePie fansite.). That is EXACTLY the image they wanted to get across. Of course, now that the DS renamed itself to the #1 WSJ fansite, it's pretty funny how that isn't being mentioned near as much.).

So think what you want about the guy and his content, personally I don't like the Let's Plays and reviews or whatever he's drifted towards, doesn't change that all this is just a massive hit piece designed to gently caress somebody over, and now he's trolling the poo poo out of them, and actually coming out on top.

People take everything on the internet so goddamn serious within the last few years, saying anything off color will have people down your throat. Even on SA, cracking any kind of off color joke will get yourself dogpiled, when SA used to be one of the better sites at mocking people doing the same thing SA does now.

It's all just a cluster gently caress and people need to take that vaulting pole out of their asses and lighten up some.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

was changed to ->

None of that is actually calling him a fascist, though? Aside from the few tweets from chodes it's all articles or tweets pointing out how he did a lovely thing for a lovely reason and that apologizing doesn't immediately make everything okay.

BMS posted:

People take everything on the internet so goddamn serious within the last few years, saying anything off color will have people down your throat. Even on SA, cracking any kind of off color joke will get yourself dogpiled, when SA used to be one of the better sites at mocking people doing the same thing SA does now.

Yeah, that's not true. Those "off colour jokes" you're talking about are pretty much to a one, lovely racist/bigoted opinions disguised as jokes, or at best, being edgy for the sake of humor which is still pretty bad. Aside from the mods who actually tried to do their job (who are now all gone, unless something else happened since I stopped following the drama) the forums administration pretty much has wholly supported those lovely posters.

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Mar 4, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For the record, I do not expect anyone to have sympathy for our boy pewds and personally I'm glad he's taking it in stride! If you do not forgive pewdiepie for his youtube atrocities that's fine, he did a lovely thing and got his negative attention for it, deserved or not. But I also think it's pretty silly to refuse to admit the media taking stuff out of context just to further poo poo on him is a bad thing. It's a very bad thing, even when it happens to a guy like pewdiepie.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

BMS posted:

It's all just a cluster gently caress and people need to take that vaulting pole out of their asses and lighten up some.

I also think "Death to all jews" is just an off color joke and hate how we can't just yell how people are faggots anymore.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CJacobs posted:

For the record, I do not expect anyone to have sympathy for our boy pewds and personally I'm glad he's taking it in stride! If you do not forgive pewdiepie for his youtube atrocities that's fine, but I also think it's pretty silly to refuse to admit the media taking stuff out of context just to further poo poo on him is a bad thing. It's a very bad thing, even when it happens to a guy like pewdiepie.

They didn't take him out of context, they established a trend from things he did. He chose not to respond, they published the story because they're newspaper folks, not therapists. This would have been a great time for self-reflection instead of going the Trump-Netanyahu road of ranting about the media. If the media hates youtube creators so much, why aren't they attacking more of them? There's ton of them doing a bunch of weird poo poo, but not all of them are a raging assholes who repeatedly do provocative things and then whine about people being provoked, and then getting signed up by loving Disney of all companies.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

For the record, I do not expect anyone to have sympathy for our boy pewds and personally I'm glad he's taking it in stride! If you do not forgive pewdiepie for his youtube atrocities that's fine, he did a lovely thing and got his negative attention for it, deserved or not. But I also think it's pretty silly to refuse to admit the media taking stuff out of context just to further poo poo on him is a bad thing. It's a very bad thing, even when it happens to a guy like pewdiepie.

Except, again AFAIK, the media didn't. A few sources claimed he was a fascist, but the vast majority did not as I mentioned in my post above. And even if they did, the media not giving due diligence to an affluent and influential person is not on par with said person paying dome poor dudes five bucks to send an anti-Semitic message, which is what you seem to be claiming.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
maybe you shouldn't say death to all jews.

god, is pewds paying you guys

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Tired Moritz posted:

maybe you shouldn't say death to all jews.

god, is pewds paying you guys

Well, PDP offered me five bucks on Fiverr to post "Death To All Goons" a while ago, but then I figured out he meant he would pay me five bucks in Krona, which equates to about 50¢ in USD, so I told him to piss off.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Leal posted:

Wow, he ran his mouth so much that machinima gave him das boot. I wonder if any other partner companies would actually want him?

I guess he could join Channel Awesome, he and Doug can trade let's play tips :v:

at least Doug knew never to do a letsplay like that ever again

also really, he burned bridges with machinima?
to quote DSP 'woooooooooooooow'

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
My only knowledge of Machinima comes from when Red Letter Media got a partnership with them that was so great it lasted like whole two weeks. I'm honestly quite surprised that scummy company still exists.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

steinrokkan posted:

My only knowledge of Machinima comes from when Red Letter Media got a partnership with them that was so great it lasted like whole two weeks. I'm honestly quite surprised that scummy company still exists.

They have enough of a name that basically they have plenty of slightly popular lpers lining up to join despite how scummy they have been proven to be.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

CJacobs posted:

was changed to ->
That first headline is accurate. How unfortunate that they had to censor themselves just because snowflake gamers got offended.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Pewdiepie's Fall In Fact The Latest Evidence of The Fall of Journalism

Pictured:Unapologetic Nazis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsQM9HKtvA4

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

I remember when Ross (the Freeman's Mind guy) got away from them and actually had to fight a legal battle to get his content back.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I don't know if Jim Sterling has a thread, but his latest video pretty much fits this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSbwmYsbTKo

In short:

-rear end in a top hat youtuber pulls a failed kickstarter from the trash.
-It's still trash
-rear end in a top hat youtuber proceeds to DMCA and delete bad reviews from sites too small to fight back.
-Jim calls him out on it and dares him to come after him.

I know that pretty much half of his screentime is calling out bullshit steam early access devs, but this one is egregious.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

J.A.B.C. posted:

I don't know if Jim Sterling has a thread, but his latest video pretty much fits this thread.

This thread does talk about him. There are also the Internet Critic Thread and the PYF Video Review threads so there's some variety.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Leal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWenxX__nvw

Holy poo poo phil just CAN'T stop running his mouth. I'm sure he is pushing away more people with the stuff he is saying.

I'm just watching this now and I can no longer defend this insane man who gets angry that YouTube rewards people who edit videos to ensure the viewer doesn't skip vast swaths of the content he admits is "boring". C'mon Phil.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

judge reinhold posted:

I'm just watching this now and I can no longer defend this insane man who gets angry that YouTube rewards people who edit videos to ensure the viewer doesn't skip vast swaths of the content he admits is "boring". C'mon Phil.

For those of you who missed it SlowbeefDarksydeBeef streamed a two hour long rant about this subject last night.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/126241625

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Slowbeef, that's the guy who uploads hours of unedited boring streams on Youtube, right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I'm surprised Phil didn't hop on the Crunchyroll/Lootcrate ship like a lot of people.

• Locked thread