Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bloodborne ran at 10fps and everyone swallowed it and loved the game anyway. this game barely ever slows down and when it does its because youre inside a tree or something dumb

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

My game does slow down to like 15 fps on wii u anytime i'm in a village or I'm in a fight with anything interesting happening, but bless it for trying

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

bloodborne ran at 10fps and everyone swallowed it and loved the game anyway. this game barely ever slows down and when it does its because youre inside a tree or something dumb

Thats pretty extreme, its not that bad on bloodborne

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've had slowdown once or twice but i barely noticed it, and probably wouldn't have if i wasn't aware of it being a problem from reading stuff online

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Thats pretty extreme, its not that bad on bloodborne

lol the point is that it runs fine and i dont mind the occasional slowdown. ninty is usually really good about 60 so its odd but its whatever, haters just wanna hate

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

can someone tell me what the hell I'm meant to do with this thing in the hill above Kakariko Village

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

can someone tell me what the hell I'm meant to do with this thing in the hill above Kakariko Village

I don't know yet but my guess is you have to slot in the ball in Impa's house whenever she finally decides to give it to you.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ristolaz posted:

Just sucked a random Japanese man's dick in honour of Nintendo.

This but dor the hell of it

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

bad frames are a 3d zelda tradition anywyay, who cares

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i love how when you cook something bad it censors it, like it's obscene

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i cant believe ninty figured out how to make durability fun

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

extremebuff posted:

it's unbelievable

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

I can. I knew they would and I trusted them.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Have any other games with durability had an almost broken weapon deal extra damage on its final hit, or allow you to chuck your near broken poo poo at enemies? Serious question because I want to meet those games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i think the only game with good weapon durability is dark souls II of all things. because I enjoyed using like 4 super fragile weapons because of the way they reset at bonfires, and coupled with the mounds of upgrade materials you got in the game meant I was able to roll around with a bunch of +9 useful weapons

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Level Slide posted:

Have any other games with durability had an almost broken weapon deal extra damage on its final hit, or allow you to chuck your near broken poo poo at enemies? Serious question because I want to meet those games.

that weird rear end rogue-lite on the PS2, baroque, allowed you to throw nearly broken poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

that weird rear end rogue-lite on the PS2, baroque, allowed you to throw nearly broken poo poo

this game is on my list of saturn poo poo to play. it looks cool

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

extremebuff posted:

you could say this about 3 or 4 different core elements of botw's gameplay. nintendo nailed so many things that other devs have been failing at for years, and they did it on their first try lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

sector_corrector posted:

there's a enter the gungeon item that lets u throw empty guns at enemies for massive damage

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

me, stupid unenlightened day before botw came out: idk how i feel about everything breaking in a couple swings
me now, after clearing the first area: right before a dungeon a skeleton boko with a good club and a shield attacked me and i thought "hey actually that is a badass way to make sure im armed"

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Hateno Village is so dense. Every corner has so many things going on.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh drat, i can't wait to get to a city

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Hateno Village is so dense. Every corner has so many things going on.

i know right. im overwhelmed

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the most impressive thing to me is how not empty the game is. well, there are empty parts too but they feel well thought out and like relaxing, but mostly everywhere has just as much going on as any non open world game

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
taking down moblin camps with stealth and unlocking a chest feels like an even cleaner version of capturing an outpost in MGS:V. and, like, a thousand times better than clearing draugr cave #200 in skyrim.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i can see why they hosed up the gamepad stuff on the wii u, cause playing w/HUD off and like map/items on the gamepad would be so obviously better than the switch lol oh well

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

extremebuff posted:

it's truly far cry 2 2

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Zelda for the goddamn win

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

going into this mostly blind and it owns except for the stupid british voices

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

tumor looking batty posted:

yeah, same here. exploring is going to be like the first week of a souls game, and i can't wait.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Still thinking about how good this game is. My new favorite thing is to headshot the stronger enemies with an arrow so they get knocked out for a second, and then run up and steal their weapon they just dropped and brutally own them with it.

Also, it's cool that the little leaf/seed dudes are actually useful rewards you meet a guy that can expand your inventory storage with them instead of just being random collect-a-thon 100% style items. I had been taking my time and going out of my way to solve some of the puzzles and I was later handsomely rewarded for it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

whatis posted:

you could say this about 3 or 4 different core elements of botw's gameplay. nintendo nailed so many things that other devs have been failing at for years, and they did it on their first try lol

nintendo rules also star fox zero is good

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

tumor looking batty posted:

yah if they patched in jpn voices and ungimped the gamepad it would be the goat oh well

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i hope the japanese voices also have british accents

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bill Barber posted:

Also, it's cool that the little leaf/seed dudes
Please don't insult Koroks by calling them that.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

climbing is super slow but like fun and methodical and also kinda relaxing in that WW sailing way. but im still putting everything into stamina cause fast climb ftw

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Really enjoying the temple puzzles. Some have been super clever.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
Game made me believe in god

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Breath of the Win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

elf help book posted: