Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
If both goon guilds are full, is it time to start a 3rd? I joined one I thought was a Goon guild "Goonsquad 608" but it's just a dozen AFK guys and one semi-active guy who doesn't know about SA. I'd eagerly jump ship if there was a better option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Inimicul posted:

If both goon guilds are full, is it time to start a 3rd? I joined one I thought was a Goon guild "Goonsquad 608" but it's just a dozen AFK guys and one semi-active guy who doesn't know about SA. I'd eagerly jump ship if there was a better option.

I'll get you in IGD, post your ally code.

we have 2 spots, so if someone else is still waiting for a goon invite, speak up with your ally code.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Cactus posted:

I noticed a bunch of new people in the thread asking to join a guild recently; The Rocinante is going to have a spot open due to me removing one of our member's alt accounts that they barely log in with. If anyone still hasn't found a guild and wants a home quote this post with your ally code for an invite.

We're still a levelling guild but most are now in the mid-higher brackets and we do Tier 5 Rancor raids that take about 8 hours with the occasional tier 6 thrown in. If you want efficient progression and sick loot one of the other goon guilds like QGJ or the other one is probably more what you're after, but if you want a casual hangout while you level up and learn the game - even if you plan to move on once you've reached higher levels - this is by all accounts a decent guild for that.

Plus an added bonus is you get to read my retarded drunken ramblings late at night on occasion too :)

Do you still have a spot? Friend of mine is looking for a guild.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Barreft posted:

Oh NOW people are inviting guys to the guild? lol

398-765-559 is still my code. You guys know better than me so if it's best to stick in a low level faction for the time okay, I could still use your maxed out guys to help me beat a level fast though until I'm ready to join, whenever that is, so please add me as an ally.

Sent you an invite.

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Do you still have a spot? Friend of mine is looking for a guild.

We actually have had one more spot open so post the ally code and I'll invite.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Cactus posted:

Alright, cool. I'm at work at the moment, but I'll bug him for it when I get the chance. Thanks!

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
Sorry guys, saw P2 under 75% at 11:15am so I jumped right in...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I blame Herux.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Cactus posted:

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Alright, cool. I'm at work at the moment, but I'll bug him for it when I get the chance. Thanks!

Or he can get back to me in five minutes. Always nice to be pleasantly surprised.

His ally code is "185-828-548." His handle is "Caeser."

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Running Vader/EP/TFP/Boba/Shore and trying to figure out who gets Boba Abilility Block targetted in mirror matches (or mirrors with EP lead). Do I try to pound through shore, do I use Boba to remove his taunt or just keep boba ignoring it and power through on the rest?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Boozie posted:

Running Vader/EP/TFP/Boba/Shore and trying to figure out who gets Boba Abilility Block targetted in mirror matches (or mirrors with EP lead). Do I try to pound through shore, do I use Boba to remove his taunt or just keep boba ignoring it and power through on the rest?

Well, since you aren't able to ability block past the Shore, you've basically answered your first question.

I tend to pound through shore, personally, as it's better to get that ability block off in the hopes it lands on vader/EP/their Boba than it is to tear down a tank who might well get his taunt right back the next round (because your TFP is def faster than boba, and boba would remove the ability block.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Boba ability block gets someone for 2 turns and ignores taunt.

Also i have my boba going first for now because there is so much shore on my shard.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Boozie posted:

Boba ability block gets someone for 2 turns and ignores taunt.

Also i have my boba going first for now because there is so much shore on my shard.

God

DAMNIT, It hadn't even occurred to me that Boba could target whoever the gently caress he wants with ab.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Invite sent. One of you is in a guild already so let me know when you're ready for a guild invite

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Boozie posted:

I run this exact team (Zeta Vader though) I come across mirror teams and some chaze/wiggs/x teams, and the odd sprinkling of rex. My TFP goes first, and hopefully BI's shore and or baze, or enemy TFP. Boba goes next and my priority for his AB is usually EP or rex (he's priority #1 if he's quick, cleanse/tenacity up ruins an empire team's day) or chirrut (another cleanser), EP goes for AOE stun, TFP gets another shot at baze/shore, Zader AOEs, TFP gets another shot at shore/baze, Boba gets to execute next, I go for EP or Rex at this point. I forgot my turns after that but for the most part you want to deal with EP/Rex/chirrut as early as possible, the only exceptions to this are if you are lucky enough to have landed a BI on TFP; then I usually try to murder him quickly.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Update is live for Android with some pretty nice features, but not all features are live yet.
GW doesn't have increased payouts yet.
You can run the game at 4x speed (super nice), but you can't auto with basics only yet.
The stores are now all grouped together, which is pretty convenient.
You can make preset squads, and organize them by your own tabs (e.g. GW, Arena, Rancor, AAT)
Not sure what else is and isn't live yet, we don't really have patch notes yet...

e: NVM, I lied

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/92831/2-27-2017-game-update#latest

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

I blame Herux.

YEAH that was my bad this morning!

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Malgrin posted:

You can run the game at 4x speed (super nice), but you can't auto with basics only yet.

You can, you have to go to the settings cog while in battle.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

KingOfTheTramps posted:

You can, you have to go to the settings cog while in battle.

Oh god that's so amazing.

I just sped through GW so fast.

4x Speed makes ship battles enjoyable.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 3, 2017

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Malgrin posted:

Oh god that's so amazing.

I just sped through GW so fast.

4x Speed makes ship battles enjoyable.

Same, Mal I set up 6 squads using the new saved squads feature, set to 4x speed and auto'd my way through all 12 nodes of galactic war in 16 minutes.

I like this new update

Burning_Monk posted:

I like the little lock icon on the abilities that can't be dispelled.

being able favourite characters in your roster is also a great feature, makes it far easier for me to track who exactly I'm currently trying to farm, trying to gear etc. When you have 96 characters unlocked it can get a bit hard to remember which characters you're currently working on some mornings :).

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 4, 2017

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I like the little lock icon on the abilities that can't be dispelled.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I'm level 68 and grinding as fast as I can. If there's room for me somewhere my ally code is: 173-161-854

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
This update is loving great.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

If there's a spot open I'll leave my current guild, I'm only in it cause the goon guilds were full at the time. Let me know here and I'll resign.

#: 398-765-559

Also thanks for all the Ally invites, really helping me power through fast.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
When EP gets a zeta are we gonna call him ZP or Zep? Because I'm fine either way

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Eh just left the guild I was in and asked for an invite, I'm Bluedust in game if curious who the hell is asking for an invite.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
We have entered a new era: Post Quality of Life Patch.

I think this is without a doubt the best patch they have ever done. This and guilds.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Dr. Venture posted:

We have entered a new era: Post Quality of Life Patch.

I think this is without a doubt the best patch they have ever done. This and guilds.

Agreed. It's really good and I hope to see them continue this route of making the game accessible and enjoyable. I wonder what finally sparked them to do this QoL overhaul? Ships being done, maybe?

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

I really like putting the raid start and continue times in the MOTD, but could we add the day also? Something like "Damage starts at 8am Sunday" instead of "Damage starts at 8am tomorrow" would be helpful to me, because I'm kinda dumb sometimes.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
The QoL stuff is fantastic, especially for shortening tedious ship animations.

fishtobaskets posted:

When EP gets a zeta are we gonna call him ZP or Zep? Because I'm fine either way

Probably zEP.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Led Zep if it's a leader ability, ZP if not.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I didn't get an update

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Did they... fix it to be more fun

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

Please add me goons. I sent out a bunch of ally requests to QGJ peoples.

Ally: 141-694-574
Name: Muadib

Please have a look and comment on progress. I'm currently farming AA, KR, I-88 and Teebo.

Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/nfthree/

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Fecha posted:

Did they... fix it to be more fun
Depends on your definition. By including the speed-up option you can now spend up to 4x less time playing the game, which means 4x less time of boredom, i.e. more fun.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
4x on ship battles is Good

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Woebin posted:

Depends on your definition. By including the speed-up option you can now spend up to 4x less time playing the game, which means 4x less time of boredom, i.e. more fun.

Saving squads is also about 4x less fiddling with that for every fight.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

nfthree posted:

Please add me goons. I sent out a bunch of ally requests to QGJ peoples.

Ally: 141-694-574
Name: Muadib

Please have a look and comment on progress. I'm currently farming AA, KR, I-88 and Teebo.

Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/nfthree/

I thought I added you to QGJ right before a group of us swapped?

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
My coworker wants to join one of our guilds. Do we have a friends\family guild?

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

General Probe posted:

I thought I added you to QGJ right before a group of us swapped?

Sorry, I should have clarified that I meant as an ally. I'm in QGJ, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

nfthree posted:

Sorry, I should have clarified that I meant as an ally. I'm in QGJ, thanks!

If you're running out of allies to help you in battles you can refresh the list. Simply enter a daily "gear" challenge and immediately retreat.