Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

The Diddler posted:

I really like putting the raid start and continue times in the MOTD, but could we add the day also? Something like "Damage starts at 8am Sunday" instead of "Damage starts at 8am tomorrow" would be helpful to me, because I'm kinda dumb sometimes.

Sure, no problem. Adding a MOTD to the top of chat is, for me, the best part of the update.

If you haven't gotten the update yet, check in both the store directly and also in updates, that's how I got it (iOS).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avail
Jun 27, 2005
the internet? what the fuck is the internet?
Android here. I had to go to the store to update as well, which is abnormal.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Can someone link the spreadsheet? Made some droid progress.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
It's the first page of the original spreadsheet

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771211

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
There's a thread on Reddit for people to find others in their arena shard. I scrolled through and found there's a Discord server associated with mine. A couple months ago we were still small and it was pretty easy to take #1, but people have turned into hardcore whales and they've joined TeamSkunk and the like. Today I noticed all the TeamSkunk whales had migrated to a new guild and some of the leftover baby whales asked in Discord what happened to everyone. This was the response: "Most of TS Alpha and 25-30 TS guilds plus a couple dozens other guilds moved to a community of guilds that work together to help with recruiting, content, information, etc. and fellowship. It does not have a leader but is run by a senate and guilds determine their own rules as we all have our own personality. We have called it The Alliance."

So that's what happened if you're wondering where they all went.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
That's some Eve-level political poo poo right there. People takin' phone games pretty seriously!

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Dr. Venture posted:

There's a thread on Reddit for people to find others in their arena shard. I scrolled through and found there's a Discord server associated with mine. A couple months ago we were still small and it was pretty easy to take #1, but people have turned into hardcore whales and they've joined TeamSkunk and the like. Today I noticed all the TeamSkunk whales had migrated to a new guild and some of the leftover baby whales asked in Discord what happened to everyone. This was the response: "Most of TS Alpha and 25-30 TS guilds plus a couple dozens other guilds moved to a community of guilds that work together to help with recruiting, content, information, etc. and fellowship. It does not have a leader but is run by a senate and guilds determine their own rules as we all have our own personality. We have called it The Alliance."

So that's what happened if you're wondering where they all went.

They have a whole manifesto of grievances too, it was linked in the TI chat

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

two_step posted:

well???

Edit: the one team skunk guy on my shard is still that guild.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

two_step posted:

Don't leave us hangin'!

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Hopefully this link works: https://slack-files.com/files-pri-safe/T0Z9SU2Q2-F4D12GX0R/joint_statement_draft_.pdf?c=1488688731-88a7affc5cd501ce8c0b12db562336399242c484

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think

It's good to know that if I worry about being too engaged with a cellphone game there's always people that will make me feel better about myself.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

It doesn't.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Link does not work :( take a screenshot?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
All hail the gui improvements and 4x speed up!

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Challenge multi-sim is almost my favorite over 4x speed

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

drat that is hilarious. So glad I made my own guild.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Dr. Venture posted:

Link does not work :( take a screenshot?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Fuckin nerds do the dumbest poo poo I swear.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Field Mousepad posted:

Fuckin nerds do the dumbest most kawaii poo poo I swear.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Since the Jawa Engineer looks impossible to get without hoping he shows up in the market for 150 gems per 3 shards until 80, what's a good 5th slot? IG 86, IG 88 or HK?

Also, is there a post somewhere that explains how matches in galactic war are picked? Some days I just run into a wall 15 levels higher than me and have to give up on that day.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Inimicul posted:

Since the Jawa Engineer looks impossible to get without hoping he shows up in the market for 150 gems per 3 shards until 80, what's a good 5th slot? IG 86, IG 88 or HK?

Also, is there a post somewhere that explains how matches in galactic war are picked? Some days I just run into a wall 15 levels higher than me and have to give up on that day.

Guild store is how I'm farming JE. It's a bit of a grind but not as bad as some others.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Yeah I thought it would take forever to get him, but I should have him done around the same time as HK47 and IG88 at the rate he's showing up in the Guild shop.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Inimicul posted:

Guild Store, 5 at a time. He's absolutely loving essential to droid team.

GW is seeded based the power of your highest ever arena squad. GW can become impossible if your arena team is lightyears ahead of the rest of your roster. at 85 sub 50 arena, I go through probably 15 characters of protection by the end of GW. I try not to let anything die until the final 2 stages. My empire Zader team is generally the last 2 and they perform quite well against whatever I find there.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 5, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I would recommend holding today's GW until tomorrow -- we're expecting to have the full patch tomorrow, which means improved GW rewards.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Malgrin posted:

I would recommend holding today's GW until tomorrow -- we're expecting to have the full patch tomorrow, which means improved GW rewards.

That's gone in the Guild Chat message, thanks!

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I've been mindlessly farming EE from guild store cuz of that p1 rancor comp, but do i even need to bother if i'm gonna have zader this week?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

I've been mindlessly farming EE from guild store cuz of that p1 rancor comp, but do i even need to bother if i'm gonna have zader this week?

EE is surprisingly versatile. You won't have much use for him in Rancor if you are running Vader, but he slots into a few solid AAT teams.
P1: Teebo, EE, etc.
P1 or 4: JKA, Boba, healers
P2: Vader, EE, Boba, Dot producers

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I just want to say how proud I am of seeing all the droids being geared up in IGD. You guys are awesome because at this rate we're going to finally own that stupid raid.

And gently caress the devs for all the guilds they broke up.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

And gently caress the devs for all the guilds they broke up.

AAT is this game's BWL.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

AAT is this game's BWL.

Oh my God. You're right.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

Oh my God. You're right.

I mean, MC caused some splits and whatnot, but a lot of guilds were able to recruit and power through. Then they thought they could do BWL. They were wrong.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
1) I have two posts going to make up the OP. The first is an intro and general leveling advice. The second is high end (looking at level 80+) advice. I see a lot of questions that would be answered by this second post.

2) I've added a blurb about the value of farming vs. purchasing gear. When I say purchasing, I'm not recommending you spend $$, I'm recommending you save crystals from your arena payout instead.

Malgrin posted:

High end Gear Farming
This is to discuss farming purple/gold items. You have to consider the cost to farm vs. the cost to buy when doing this, or it just isn't worth it. Generally speaking, unless you have another reason to spend additional refreshes (either you really want more guild credit or you're leveling), refreshing for 100 just isn't worth it. There are roughly four tiers of farmable purple+ gear to farm. The first are primarily Holo Projectors (also occasionally laptops, mk4 syringes, mk2 bacta, etc.), which cost 273 (or 300) crystals, can be farmed at 8/attempt, and you need 20 to make an item. I'm pretty sure all purple items drop at 1/5, so you should need 8 * 5 * 20 = 800 energy to finish one. If you build this entirely out of refreshes, that's 800/120 = 6.67 refreshes. At 50/refresh, that's 333 crystals, and at 100, that's 667 crystals. In short, these items are really not worth farming. If you're doing a mix of free energy and your refreshes for 50, there's an argument to be made that it's worth it, but you're probably better off saving up crystals and buying one.
Next tier, stun cuffs/stun guns. You need 50 at 10 energy, with a 1/5 droprate, so that's 10 * 5 * 50 = 2500 energy, or 20.8 refreshes. That's either 2100 crystals, or 1050. In the store, I think these cost 1400, so you're now looking at value (350 crystals per farmed vs. bought cuff).
Next tier are items where you get half the item from challenges, like your MK8 Binocs or MK implants. Assuming you have enough from your challenges (you should), these cost 750 crystals. Alternatively, you can farm them like above, and I think they still have a 1/5 droprate, although it could be a little worse. Like above, that's 1050 crystals per 50 farmed, or 750 in the store, so this time they're actually cheaper in the store. 750 may take awhile to save up, but it's still worth it. If you get some from a raid, it can be worth finishing off that item with farm though.
Finally, we have the final tier of farmable raid gear, like MK7 shield generators, or MK9 Binocs. I'm pretty sure these both cost 1250 in the store, and if we follow the math above, that's still 1050 to farm vs. 1250 in the store. Better value to farm.
You can also purchase full raid gear from the store for Rancor raid (so Furnaces, Scanners, etc.). You might be wondering if these are worth purchasing, and it really depends. In terms of use, Scanners are the most used, followed by Furnaces, then Callers, and finally Nubian Discs. MK5 Furnaces are the best deal. In addition to getting the 50 raid gear, you'll get a holo projector and a mk6 syringe. Purchased separately, these two items would cost 1700 crystals, so it's just a good bargain.
The rest all fall into the same general category of not really worth buying from the store. Scanners take a bunch of randomly farmed gear, but it's all green/white items, so not particularly taxing to farm. All together, this takes something like 50 items. So while this is the most abundant item, and at some point you may feel the crunch, this is a bad deal. If you need more of the raid gear, I'd recommend spending guild credit or ship credit for 2-3 at a time. Next we have Callers. These you will need for all your tanks, so you might find yourself running low at some point. However, these only require 20 mk1 Bacta and some other random stuff. This brings us to Nubian discs, which are the closest to being worth it, except for two things. First, MK3 callers can now be farmed alongside syringes, so you should have plenty of these (at some point in the future). Second, this is the least used of all the gear items, so except for the first month or so of raiding, you shouldn't run out of these. Some VIPs need these to get to 10 or 11 (Wedge, Chirrut, Boba, TFP, EE, GK), but overall, you just don't need these as much as the other items.

tldr: Buy 20 item purple gear for 273/300 crystals, 50 item partial gear for 750 crystals, and MK5 Furnaces for 1400 crystals. Farm everything else.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
Yeah that's how I've been doing it for the last few months and it's made a big difference. Just the two 50 crystal refreshes a day to farm things like cuffs and guns, then save crystals for raid gear (because normal AAT likes to give you 1/5th of something you don't need), the 20s purple gear or the 750 gold. I think I've made much better progress to G11 this way and would recommend everyone do the same.

Mal, could you un-strikethrough the link to the spreadsheet in the OP? We use it a lot for raid planning now so it would be useful to have in the OP for anyone who needs it.

Also echoing Dr Venture, IGD P2 progress has been great recently, added almost 10% in a week even after the lost progress of a few members leaving. I'm currently putting all my effort to getting them all to G11 now my sith arena team is geared up.

For those of us with clones, there's a new king of P2, it's zody lead + elder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i13Q-LNOG4

That's 32% in P2 (with whale mods but still)

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
loving accurate

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
What's the training droids part about? Are there different scoundrel packs?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
They offer scoundrel packs on heist days.

One day is credit heist :unsmith:... the other day is droid heist :smith:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I'm guessing it's worth it? I have enough crystals for one. I was gonna get a Nihilus pack but I need 20 shards and after seeing my neighbour blow crystals on 2 packs and get 10 total I'd rather get something more substantial

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
No, it's not worth it. If you're sub 85, use them on refreshes, if you're 85, you should probably use crystals on gear.

Every scoundrel you need to do those heists is farmable through F2P methods.

IG-88, Stormtrooper Han, Lando, Boba Fett, +1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I'm at 81 but I'm too busy working up my ship (for Zetas) and arena teams to focus on a scoundrel team. I'm also 600-800 in arena so crystals aren't coming in mega fast.

I'm also chronically out of tickets :(

I'm going to try to stick to my original plan and buy a gear piece