Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Gianthogweed posted:

I'm just going to dance in. Fart out this image. Then dance right out.

hahah if he did that he'd actually be a good president

spoilers: he'll never do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

And your point is? So what?

In realpolitik terms, Russia is sitting on the other side of the chessboard. I'm not trying to say our side is better, I'm saying Putin is opposed to our goals. "Buuuuut Amerikka also did bad things!" is just misdirection.

lol

again, what's your point here? So what?

The "solution," such as it is, is ongoing balance-of-power politics, strong support of NATO, and a clear and unambiguous and stable foreign policy that reduces Putin's ability to exploit gaps and loopholes.

The problem with Trump's freewheeling pull-it-out-his-rear end style of diplomacy is that Putin's going to think he can get away with things he would never have attempted if the US had a stable sane government. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he tried invading the baltic states, for example, which could potentially trigger a NATO response and nuclear war, just because Trump's idiocy made Putin think such a grab was a worthwhile risk.

Advocating for a stable government while admitting that your chosen party should destabilize it as much as possible because you don't like the results of an election is some serious hypocrisy.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

new phone who dis posted:

*riots break out in Sweden*
swedish officials were so confused by donalds initial tweet lol

especially when fox news put on that fake swedish defense adviser pundit

those were good times

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Gianthogweed posted:

Are they neglecting to mention health savings accouts, or is this a real single payer system?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Advocating for a stable government while admitting that your chosen party should destabilize it as much as possible because you don't like the results of an election is some serious hypocrisy.

You can accuse Trump of many things but "stability" is not one of them. The chaos of an impeachment proceeding, while not ideal, is relatively benign compared to Continued Trumpery.

Past that, though, even setting aside Trump, the Republican agenda as a whole is going to be disastrous. Look at their plan to go into debt default, for example, or Paul Ryan's plan to repeal Medicaid.

Blocking them in every legally possible way is, yes, more "stable" than allowing them to continue, because the Republican agenda is chaos and destruction.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Are they neglecting to mention health savings accouts, or is this a real single payer system?

p. sure it's a fakeout

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

You can accuse Trump of many things but "stability" is not one of them. The chaos of an impeachment proceeding, while not ideal, is relatively benign compared to Continued Trumpery.

Pence is at least sane.

I guess when you're willing to contort your brain into a pretzel at the drop of a hat because you're not getting your way, words end up losing their meaning and you start contradicting yourself. Trump has broken your brain, dude.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

p. sure it's a fakeout

No, haven't you heard, Trump is a full blown Soviet plant <still dancing out of the thread on fart fumes>.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Past that, though, even setting aside Trump, the Republican agenda as a whole is going to be disastrous. Look at their plan to go into debt default, for example, or Paul Ryan's plan to repeal Medicaid.

Blocking them in every legally possible way is, yes, more "stable" than allowing them to continue, because the Republican agenda is chaos and destruction.

He is the president because he won an election legally fair and square. He is now trying to do the things he promised to do if elected.

Why do you hate democracy? Did you mistake this thread for D&D?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Fog Tripper posted:

He is the president because he won an election legally fair and square. He is now trying to do the things he promised to do if elected.

And the Democrats get to delay and obstruct him, and that's good, so they should keep doing that

Svdl
May 9, 2006

Around the world
I hate democracy, I hate doing things and I especially hate fairs and squares.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

And the Democrats get to delay and obstruct him, and that's good, so they should keep doing that

But we need a stable government!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Look at this shithead aruguing for straight up authoritarian rule. Nice job!

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

the best part of it all is that the current whitehouse is virtually empty; there's a plethora of unfilled positions. in terms of daily bureaucratic functionality, they are utterly impotent

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

It's his own argument, dude.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the best part is the president has spent like half his time since becoming president not in dc.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/04/politics/trump-obama-wiretap-tweet/index.html

Guys can you believe that Trump made this assertion with no evidence? Here; read this intel report on Russia hacking the election with no evidence in it.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Not actuall what I said

Also you're the one trying to simultaneously play reasonable moderate AND defend donald trump which is prettylol

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Gianthogweed posted:

for this to work you need to show it on fox news

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

They're not mentioning them because health savings plans are dumb as gently caress.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
An opposition party is crucial in a healthy democracy. It makes sure every policy gets criticised and debated by opponents before it can pass. The opposition is the voice of the other half of the country.

Too bad the Democrats are more interested in throwing tantrums while covered in their own poo poo instead of doing their jobs. Not that this is any different when the Republicans are the opposition as they do the same thing.

Love or hate Trump but this reaction youre getting is the result of a pissed off political elite (on both sides) who didnt get their way and its pretty loving funny.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Fog Tripper posted:

If you win the election then you become a god-king who can do anything he wants without any sort of legal oversight. this is how democracy works

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Not actuall what I said

Also you're the one trying to simultaneously play reasonable moderate AND defend donald trump which is prettylol

You have Trump Derangement Syndrome and actually floated the theory that he's torturing puppies for financial gain.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Trump bad

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

You have Trump Derangement Syndrome and actually floated the theory that he's torturing puppies for financial gain.

He is making it easier to torture puppies: that's not in dispute, that's factual.

We can argue over the why, that's still open for discussion. But he has appointed puppy mill lobbyists to key posts.

You're freezing up with Just World Fallacy: If trump were actually as bad as all the available facts indicate he is, the world would be a horrible place and the nation would be on a precipice

much easier to just tell yourself it's not that bad

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SBJ posted:

An opposition party is crucial in a healthy democracy. It makes sure every policy gets criticised and debated by opponents before it can pass. The opposition is the voice of the other half of the country.

Too bad the Democrats are more interested in throwing tantrums while covered in their own poo poo instead of doing their jobs. Not that this is any different when the Republicans are the opposition as they do the same thing.

Love or hate Trump but this reaction youre getting is the result of a pissed off political elite (on both sides) who didnt get their way and its pretty loving funny.

how do you people manage to breathe.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

He is making it easier to torture puppies: that's not in dispute, that's factual.

We can argue over the why, that's still open for discussion. But he has appointed puppy mill lobbyists to key posts.

You're freezing up with Just World Fallacy: If trump were actually as bad as all the available facts indicate he is, the world would be a horrible place and the nation would be on a precipice

much easier to just tell yourself it's not that bad

the kkk love donald trump therefor he is a racist, it's the same exact logic and i can't believe you are defending it lmao

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Mnoba posted:

the kkk love donald trump therefor he is a racist, it's the same exact logic and i can't believe you are defending it lmao

Trump's racist 'cause he refused to rent apartments to black people

or because he called mexicans rapists

like, we don't even need the KKK thing

the man is not a mystery, he ain't hiding the ball

quote:

"Is Donald Trump a racist?" the man asked, blinking away the light of the yellow face as he emerged from his mile-deep cave

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 4, 2017

twitter and bisted
Aug 26, 2012

I'm a crow and nothing human is avian to me

Mnoba posted:

With politicians though you do have to keep an eye on what they are provoking. "Donald Trump" can refer to the effect he has on society rather than the man himself.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Kjoery posted:

good things = good
bad things = bad

thats how politics works, its that simple

now excuse me while i leave the UN and threaten to impose tarrifs on germany while fabricating fake crises in sweden

The Sweden thing wasn't fake though

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Anytime you think Russia/Putin isn't that bad just remember that they bombed their own people and blamed it on terrorists to start the 2nd Cechnyan war.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Gumball Gumption posted:

Anytime you think Russia/Putin isn't that bad just remember that they bombed their own people and blamed it on terrorists to start the 2nd Cechnyan war.

america did the same thing with 9/11

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Groovelord Neato posted:

the best part is the president has spent like half his time since becoming president not in dc.
Easy D get outta DC
Go to Mar-a-Lago
Gotta drink some pee

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

i will acknowledge those things yes, now will you acknowledge those same racists exists in the democrat part, including hrc?

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Mnoba posted:

i will acknowledge those things yes, now will you acknowledge those same racists exists in the democrat part, including hrc?

Hillary didn't rent to black people and ran on a campaign about the perfidious Hispanic seeking to rape our white women?

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

I forget, did he call all mexicans rapists, or just some?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Harrower posted:

I forget, did he call all mexicans rapists, or just some?

he actually called Mexico "rape central" and said Jeb Bush was married to a rapist

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mnoba posted:

you should probably wonder why the racists endorse a guy.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Hillary didn't rent to black people and ran on a campaign about the perfidious Hispanic seeking to rape our white women?

nope, but she and her campaign started the birther movement in 2008 which was hugely racist do you agree?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they didn't do that.

• Locked thread