Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

they call it the switch because something something "no more games"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

They call it the Nintendo Scarlet Witch because it's the end of all things including mutants. And people. And the world.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
That sure is a lot of white noise and not the event schedule.

Mar. 2-9 - Cosmic Chaos and Old Man Logan. XP boosts with bigger boosts for cosmic prestige and/or Wolverine/X-23. Cosmic stones for Doop runes or Power Cosmic legendaries.

Mar. 9-16 - ARMOR again. ARMOR drives for +1000 def catalysts. They haven't yet said anything about level 66/69 armored catalysts yet AFAIK

Mar. 16-23 - St. Patrick's Day and Iron Fist, details to come.

Mar. 23-30 - Odin's Bounty, looks like it may be getting some sort of revamp. No details yet.

Mar 30-Apr. 5 - Finally Omega is back, and it's also getting unspecified revamps.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Apparently Kitty Pryde and Luke Cage are going to be receiving some love soonish according to MichaelMayhem. Luke's update will be "focused around making his Combo system more fluid via faster, more reliable Finishers, increasing his mobility, emphasizing his Heroes for Hire as true-to-life companions, and creating more defined builds in his talents," he says.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

MMAgCh posted:

emphasizing his Heroes for Hire as true-to-life companions

Does this mean you can gently caress them

e: danny espec

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

For some reason I thought that the SHIELD vs Hydra event was this week. Considering that event has items specifically for the BUE, why the gently caress hasn't it come back since the BUE?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Grinning Goblin posted:

For some reason I thought that the SHIELD vs Hydra event was this week. Considering that event has items specifically for the BUE, why the gently caress hasn't it come back since the BUE?

• Q: Is the Agents of Shield event ever coming back? I read that it is the only way to get the Shield Agent Medallion.
  • Asros: Yes. It will be a part of the new Operation Omega.

• Q: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN WE PLEASE GET CIVIL WAR BACK!!!!!
  • Asros: The Civil War event wont be returning in the same way we did the past 2 times. We are working on adding Bazaar, Cap Airport and Iron Man Airport as terminals, with each airport terminal having a chance to drop their respective artifacts. Including Cosmic versions.

• Q: what about cosmic versions of Danger Room artifacts?
  • Asros: Just got built today. In soon.

March Schedule

3/2 - 3/9: Cosmic Chaos/Old Man Logan - Wolverine and X-23 will enjoy an additional 50% XP bonus!
3/9 - 3/15: A.R.M.O.R. Incursion
3/16 - 3/22: Iron Fist/St. Patrick's Day
3/23 - 3/29: Odin's Bounty
3/30 - 4/5: NEW Operation Omega Event - Including Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Coulson.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Toshimo posted:

3/16 - 3/22: Iron Fist/St. Patrick's Day

I'm sure we all remember when Danny Rand drove the snakes out of K'un Lun with repeated brutal punches and devastating kicks

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Makes sense cos both events reinforce racist stereotypes.

cant wait for st patricks day when asros tweets "i guess the snakes won the popular vote lmao"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Somewhere a Gaz employee has just quickly scribbled "Iron Fist, Hightown, 2000 Serpent Warriors, Mug of Grog reward" on a hotdog napkin.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mover posted:

I'm sure we all remember when Danny Rand drove the snakes out of K'un Lun with repeated brutal punches and devastating kicks

Well gently caress now I am pissed because this isn't the event :saddowns:

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Only if you don't believe.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
https://mobile.twitter.com/Asros/status/837538670211039233

Even the Gaz HR department is :gaz: as gently caress.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It wasn't a mistake.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

lmao noone had the guts to tell him he was rejected

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

He was rejected but the guy they really hired went on vacation immediately--not back yet

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Their first choice ended up being three children standing on each other's shoulders and wearing a raincoat.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Ghostlight posted:

It wasn't a mistake.
One time at my work a guy was rejected after his interview but he came into work the next day anyway(this was before the era of card reader locks and ID badges everywhere). He just acted like he belonged there and introduced himself to people as a new hire until his interviewer ran into him a week later and was like "What the hell is that guy doing here? I never hired him". At that point my boss wanted to call the cops on him for trespassing but corporate was afraid he would sue us for a labor violation since he was doing "work" but we weren't paying him. I thought that sounded ridiculous but they had him fill out a W4 and made him a real employee until a month later when he disappeared as mysteriously as he came.

TLDR:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In2K0J7daQo&t=170s

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
I hear Asros is still fuming from the time Yogidad took his favorite red MAGA stapler.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

his fault for leaving it in a picnic basket

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So, whats with the steam store page being nuked into oblivion with reviews. Was the "update" that bad or?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Fat_Cow posted:

So, whats with the steam store page being nuked into oblivion with reviews. Was the "update" that bad or?

It was janky, survivability and overall damage went way down, and a few previously-okay characters ate serious nerfs. That plus the fact that MH is really showing its age is a recipe for bad reviews.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ya

its probably okay if you didnt like dashing or teleporting

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Fat_Cow posted:

Turns out the masses don't know poo poo about games and hate change violently.

The update cut a lot of system cruft and streamlined the game. It's about the best they can do since they can't rewrite the aging engine. However, it is incomplete, but they've been adding iterative changes weekly, so it's still improving.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I think the biggest part was it was a huge change to try and onboard some new players, so all the crusty old grognards who've been playing since release got predictably angry about change even if for the most part it was positive and inevitable. That the changes were also half assed so that the stick was always implemented before the carrot didn't help reassure anybody that the game was being improved.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

As someone with 5800+ hours played, game's gotten pretty fun again and I now like the changes. And I like what they've announced is coming.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Alright, next question

Logan or X-23?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Do you want to be really bad or just kinda bad

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Cosmic Trip report
- Rogue - keeps her powers bank - easy and fun
- Wolverine - easy and alright
- Punisher - gets things he needs really late so it's a bit of a pain, but I eagerly await my P3 invitation

Also ICR's now #50 in the overally levelling rankings so I think he needs a new avatar since that's shameful.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
So all these changes sound great and all, but the real thing that will decide if i want to play again is.. did they make inventory bloat at all more tolerable? I just remember having like six bank tabs full of various crap too valuable to throw away, and as such never had any room to actually pick anything up. Piles of random crafting material crap, and various unique items and artifacts and whatnot that are all just rare enough that if i throw them away i might not have them if i want them on some alt in the future.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Wolpertinger posted:

So all these changes sound great and all, but the real thing that will decide if i want to play again is.. did they make inventory bloat at all more tolerable? I just remember having like six bank tabs full of various crap too valuable to throw away, and as such never had any room to actually pick anything up.

Yes, sort of.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Yes, sort of.

In what way?

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Giedroyc posted:

Also ICR's now #50 in the overally levelling rankings so I think he needs a new avatar since that's shameful.
Our golden child has fallen from disgrace.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I have moved onto yellower pastures.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I have moved onto yellower pastures.

If I had to think of the appropriate color to describe Future Fight, "Brown" is the first thing to pop into my mind.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Fat_Cow posted:

Alright, next question

Logan or X-23?

Having just presiteged both of them, I can say that X-23 is still the better choice.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Kheldarn posted:

Having just presiteged both of them, I can say that X-23 is still the better choice.

Yeah, they're both fairly average, but Laura's bleed and movement builds are both a little stronger than Logan's, and her movement is just way more fun.

Logan, on the other hand, barely changes his build across his leveling experience. When I took him green to red a couple days back, I literally didn't change his power setup the whole time, and just waited while some of the icons were grayed out. At the current Server+Synergy bonus, that usually meant around Shocker, which isn't exactly a huge investment. The build I ended up preferring for X does not work this way (no basic, but good luck playing her before 56 like that).

So obviously, I chose to cosmic X-23, who won't play right until nearly the end.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

you mentioned the new dash charge restoring cosmic item affix working with her sig. Is that as powerful as it sounds or is it just no big deal for her?

seems like it would be way better than anything wolverine has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So in this post-BUE world, what's the best setup for pets? I'm pretty sure that the Unique bonus should be +3 to one of a character's 2 stats, but what about Green, Blue, Purple, and Yellow?

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

you mentioned the new dash charge restoring cosmic item affix working with her sig. Is that as powerful as it sounds or is it just no big deal for her?

seems like it would be way better than anything wolverine has

That sounds like it would pair well with either the talent Blade Trance (which makes Disembowel and Rip To Shreds restore a charge of her sig while in the Killer Trance portion of it), or Footwork (makes Cyclone Kick and Open The Jugular restore a charge)...