Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

less than three posted:

Does anyone have the dimensions of the console box? Trying to figure out if it'll fit in my bag or not.

14 x 9 x 5 or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qubee
May 31, 2013

TheScott2K posted:

Man you're gonna ruin the next rooftop party

Everyone's gonna be Switching it up like in the adverts, there'll be one of every race with super pearly white teeth, and I'll be sitting paranoid in the corner, yelling at people to not look if they turn their heads in even the faintest direction of my console. I'll force friends to wear hazmat suits just to watch. I'll be playing 1-2 Switch by myself.

I don't care if you're my best mate or family, I ain't gonna ever let someone else dock my console. I am the one who docks.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I can totally see someone selling clip ons for the joycons that make them a hell of a lot wider. Even my medium sized hands find using the shoulder buttons a little efforty.

I took the unit out today while I was stuck sitting around and God drat playing the same game on the go is awesome. Also Zelda is really really good, incase you didn't know.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Somebody needed to use the tv switched to handheld mode. Zelda looks and plays even better in handheld mode and I think the settings on my tv are off because the colors are so much nicer.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So what's the latest news on digital Backwards Compatibility for games from the Wii or Wii U?

I'm gonna go ahead and assume Virtual Console is 100% going to happen but I was trying to look and see what the newest info (if any) is for Wii or Wii U.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Somebody needed to use the tv switched to handheld mode. Zelda looks and plays even better in handheld mode and I think the settings on my tv are off because the colors are so much nicer.

Lol once you start down the "trying to perfect my TV's color/contrast/etc settings" you're doomed, RIP my friend. My advice is to make one go at it and then let it be and never do a side by side comparison with your gamepad.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Update on my brother's Switch situation: he took the console in to the Gamestop where he works and they managed to get it up and running again. I guess it just got locked into sleep mode because it was improperly seated in the dock or something. The smell of burnt electronics he said he detected was apparently from something unrelated he'd been working with earlier in the day.

In completely unrelated news, Breath of the Wild is cool and good but goddamn does it suck having to constantly replace your weapons due to breakage. It took IS years to realize that it sucked and remove it from Fire Emblem, why'd Nintendo have to bring it into Zelda? :argh:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

So what's the latest news on digital Backwards Compatibility for games from the Wii or Wii U?

:stare:

You might want to sit down for this, slugger.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

LethalGeek posted:

I can totally see someone selling clip ons for the joycons that make them a hell of a lot wider. Even my medium sized hands find using the shoulder buttons a little efforty.

I took the unit out today while I was stuck sitting around and God drat playing the same game on the go is awesome. Also Zelda is really really good, incase you didn't know.

I would totally pick up a (cheap!) thing that's just a wider joycon grip. Or maybe I'll just take a toilet paper tube and stick some duct tape on either end.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

deadwing posted:

Oh my god guys Snipperclips is SO GOOD

I'm getting a kick out of playing it with my sailor-mouthed roommate, makes for great contrast. Here, you've got this dripping-with-cute co-op game, and my roommate yelling "WHY'D YOU MADE ME LOOK LIKE A FUCKIN' DICK"

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

amazon why haven't you shipped my console

Whyyyy

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just had my first joycon desyncing issues. This was not a matter of unresponsiveness, but of the joycon actually turning off, me pressing a button, and feeling the vibration of it coming back on. This was while playing the Snipperclips demo so the thing was pretty much engulfed by my hand, within two meters of the console.

I'm not too concerned since I have played like ten hours of Zelda further away at a less direct angle from the console with no issue so it only seems to be a problem if I have both hands on the left joycon. But I see how a lot of people are having so much trouble.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Anyone get Disgaea 5 from the JP eshop and can confirm it has english audio and text? Tempted to get it there or to import it in from amazon JP.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Loopoo posted:

Dunno how you guys have the balls to ever let other people touch your Switch. I ain't letting no one touch my controllers until I've got spares later on in the year. I'd just be hyper-vigilant over everything cause I'd be so scared they'd break it with their Shrek-tier coordination and finesse.

lol if you don't get carbon nanotube/ceramic composite controller protectors

drops happen

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Loopoo posted:

Dunno how you guys have the balls to ever let other people touch your Switch. I ain't letting no one touch my controllers until I've got spares later on in the year. I'd just be hyper-vigilant over everything cause I'd be so scared they'd break it with their Shrek-tier coordination and finesse.

source your quotes please

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I tried to redeem points for eshop games and it said Cartridge only. What cartridge? Guessing this will be fixed soon.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Waltzing Along posted:

I tried to redeem points for eshop games and it said Cartridge only. What cartridge? Guessing this will be fixed soon.

Only for physical buys.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

It means you only need to do it for cartridges, digital ones redeem the coins automatically. I think!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Bombadilillo posted:

Only for physical buys.

Snipperclips, Shovel Knight and Fast RMX are digital only. So why does it even have a redeem points thing at all?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Does this thing have e-manuals anywhere? If it does I haven't been able to find the option. Bomberman could really use one because I have no idea what half these powerups do.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Ok day 2: they need to hurry up and port all the wii u games ASAP. Even the wii u re-releases like winwaker.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
After I sent Amazon a bitchy email, my order supposedly shipped via USPS of all things. At 12:22 a.m. Tracking data hasn't updated today, but it is Saturday. I'm still skeptical but it's supposed to be here Monday the 6th.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wendell posted:

It means you only need to do it for cartridges, digital ones redeem the coins automatically. I think!

Correct and it even says that.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
can anyone tell me how many levels snipper clips has?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

incoherent posted:

Ok day 2: they need to hurry up and port all the wii u games ASAP. Even the wii u re-releases like winwaker.

They probably have to redo games that required the gamepad and tv on at the same time, which Splatoon would been one of those but that is getting ported over.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-4OC-A5JW0
I'm finding it pretty impossible to get the full message with the naked eye, but I did see a few letters, so thanks Reggie!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 5, 2017

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Checked the OP but didn't see it, how do I switch (lol) stores? I see I can change the region for my console but all I noticed was Airplane Mode turned into Flight Mode.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Beastie posted:

Checked the OP but didn't see it, how do I switch (lol) stores? I see I can change the region for my console but all I noticed was Airplane Mode turned into Flight Mode.

Make a new Nintendo Account (best do this on their website), but set the location to Japan for JP eshop or United Kingdom for EU eshop. Then add a new user with that login and sign in with them on the eshop to access the other region.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I want horse breeding dlc

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
What are the controls like in Snipperclips? Do you need to use the shoulder buttons at all? I'm taking my Switch over to someone's house later and I'd like to just bring the unit itself and not worry about the wriststraps if possible.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Bring the straps, you'll need the larger buttons to rotate 360.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Bill Barber posted:

What are the controls like in Snipperclips? Do you need to use the shoulder buttons at all? I'm taking my Switch over to someone's house later and I'd like to just bring the unit itself and not worry about the wriststraps if possible.

The shoulder buttons rotate your lil' dude, definitely bring the wrist straps.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Shoulder buttons rotate you. They're key, but I didn't find it too too bad using the little unstrapped nubbins.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

acksplode posted:

Snipperclips is awesome for showing the Switch off. "Yeah it's this cool new thing, wanna try a puzzle game?" Pop the joycons off and a minute later you're coordinating shapes to cut out of each other. I'm surprised it wasn't a first-party game, the quality and playfulness scream Nintendo.

I really think they should have bundled it with the system, it shows off the 'party mode' aspect really well.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Amazzzzoonnnnnnn!!!!! :argh:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

So I have like an inch long scratch on the screen border on the left side. Won't be using my dock again until my glass protectors get here on Monday.

I was being so gentle...

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Now about 2 days in, and man - I really like this little console. The big difference between this and the Wii U is that the Wii U's main "gimmick" never really hit - the tablet controller was big, bulky, and it rarely used well in games. Remote play never really worked that well, either.

The Switch does like a million little things wrong, but the one big thing it had to do it absolutely succeeds at - that TV/Handheld transition just works, and it's a pretty killer app. Last night, I decided to sit in bed and keep playing Zelda while my wife watched TV, and it was a simple, maybe 10 second, transition. Just pick it up and go. The design is also pretty perfect for stowing in my bag to take with me on the road for work, which also means that it does pretty much everything my 3DS was doing for me. The battery isn't killer, but it'll last pretty much as long as I need it to for most flights, etc., and then I can just charge it up when I get to a hotel room.

As it stands, it's basically the perfect companion machine for a PS4. If this thing just ends up being my first party Nintendo and cool indie game platform, it was well worth picking up. Seems like someone at Nintendo sees that potential, too, given how hard they're pushing "Nindies".

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Beastie posted:

] Won't be using my dock again until my glass protectors get here on Monday.

You can slip one of the foam bags from the console packaging snugly over the front of the dock. Not saying it'll fix your scratch, but you wouldn't have to worry about getting any more.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So I'm not sure what's going on but my Left Joycon seems to have depleted it's battery completely even though it was attached to my docked Switch all of last night. Now that I've run through the battery on the Switch to try and charge the Joycons it only gave me about a 3 hour charge on the left one. Now it's dead and the Switch is docked and completely useless unless I plug the AC in directly. I really hope my Joycon doesn't have any issues with charging or the battery.

Also I just realized that the intake vents for the Switch are completely blocked off by the dock when it's sitting in there. Holy poo poo what a terrible design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

s.i.r.e. posted:

Also I just realized that the intake vents for the Switch are completely blocked off by the dock when it's sitting in there. Holy poo poo what a terrible design.
There's a vent.

I mean, I guess you could leave the back cover open if you're worried about it overheating.

• Locked thread