Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

DoriDori240 posted:

:siren: Incoming wall-o-text about spergy poo poo :siren:

Good poo poo, thank you. OP Link worthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016

Wyld Karde posted:

I'm playing on the EU server. Throw an invite to @Wyld_Karde and maybe we can get the guild restarted.

Wyld_Karde is that you? from Dominion Rebels?

if yes, holy shite small world

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

When I try to login I keep getting error 200. Are the servers down or am I hosed for some reason?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

When I try to login I keep getting error 200. Are the servers down or am I hosed for some reason?

Servers are a little weird at the moment, some people are fine, some can't get in, some keep getting kicked and/or long loading times.

I'm thinking about running a tanky stamplar in pvp, do something like snb/2hd, then i'll have the option for gap closers on each bar. Might throw vamp in there, haven't done WW or vamp yet, but from what I see vamp is decent sustain, how is it for pvp?

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Randler posted:

When I did it, it showed up in the account screen as being activated immediately. Logging into the game, I did not have the expansions added. The next day they showed up. (Full disclosure: I tried to send a ticket to support about this issue but given that I never got a confirmation "Your ticket received" and some of my plugins might screw up the forms, that support ticket might not have gone through.)

Ah, well i guess if they dont show up tomorrow ill put in a ticket. It did the same thing to me so far. The account screen shows its activated. But in game nothing.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Login servers are hosed. I was playing just fine for the last hour, went to restart my PC and now can't login. Error 200.

gently caress.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Scyantific posted:

The funny thing about this was that we spent most of the night holding up in keeps we had no business being in, instead of actually playing the map. Faregyl, Rayles, Brindle, Nikel, Fort Chillbro was a mobile party last night.

Except Nikel, we always have business in Nikel.

Nikel is important to our grand plan of goant rear end ticks. If there is another plan I'm fine with not knowing it.

E: I kinda don't wanna fix my spelling because I read that as "goat rear end tick" and that made me chuckle.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Randomly got booted to the login screen and now I'm getting "already logged in." :psyduck: What's the AFK disconnect time in this game?

e; Apparently server melted again. So, whoever is @ChrisRocket, YOU GOT SOME CRATES TO BUY, FRIEND(4 crate bundle). :getin:

Bombogenesis fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 5, 2017

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Dinurth posted:

Login servers are hosed. I was playing just fine for the last hour, went to restart my PC and now can't login. Error 200.

gently caress.

Yeah just got booted with a message rate error, and I wasn't typing or anything.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Bombogenesis posted:

e; Apparently server melted again. So, whoever is @ChrisRocket, YOU GOT SOME CRATES TO BUY, FRIEND(4 crate bundle). :getin:

I got a bunch of junk and then got booted. I feel like ESO just rubbed salt in the wound.

Also I wanted a catte, got a doghe

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Overemotional Robot posted:

I got a bunch of junk and then got booted. I feel like ESO just rubbed salt in the wound.

Also I wanted a catte, got a doghe

I caved and got enough crowns for 4 crates. I'll regret it after I pull garbage but for now I'll bow to my gambling addiction.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

sluggo is mad posted:

Nikel is important to our grand plan of goant rear end ticks. If there is another plan I'm fine with not knowing it.

E: I kinda don't wanna fix my spelling because I read that as "goat rear end tick" and that made me chuckle.

We did the same poo poo again just now before the 4th hamster died. Blitzed Alessia while the Yellow horde pushed BRK. Died to the horde after we took the keep, then pulled off to Roebeck and Nikel.

Inb4 PVDOOR accusations from TM and Legion of Autism.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Scyantific posted:

We did the same poo poo again just now before the 4th hamster died. Blitzed Alessia while the Yellow horde pushed BRK. Died to the horde after we took the keep, then pulled off to Roebeck and Nikel.

Inb4 PVDOOR accusations from TM and Legion of Autism.

One day I'll actually learn to PvP in this game so I can have fun doin' shenanigans with people, because this sounds actually pretty fun. I just drop AoE puddles on my sorc which is funny against zergs but seems overall ineffectual. Are there specific sets people should shoot for for PvP purposes?

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
Got my dlc, finally logged in, then 20 minutes into playing ( SERVER SHUTTING DOWN IN 10 MINUTES FOR MAINTENANCE ).

WELP.

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."

Talkc posted:

Got my dlc, finally logged in, then 20 minutes into playing ( SERVER SHUTTING DOWN IN 10 MINUTES FOR MAINTENANCE ).

WELP.

There seems to be a surge of interest in this game right now... I wonder if things aren't set up for scale

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Is this the same deal for crowns posted a while back? Anybody bought from here?

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1096-buy-key-the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited-3000-crown-pack/

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
"Hey guys let's release a trailer for an expansion based in the region from what is possibly the most beloved title in our franchise."
"Should we upgrade our serv-"
"Shut up Carl you're fired."

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Bombogenesis posted:

One day I'll actually learn to PvP in this game so I can have fun doin' shenanigans with people, because this sounds actually pretty fun. I just drop AoE puddles on my sorc which is funny against zergs but seems overall ineffectual. Are there specific sets people should shoot for for PvP purposes?

For sorcs you need to be running a ton of Magicka to keep your shields up. Which means you'll need some decent sustain as well. I'll get my sorc build posted sometime tonight. If I can log back in.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Server is back up. :toot:

Scyantific posted:

For sorcs you need to be running a ton of Magicka to keep your shields up. Which means you'll need some decent sustain as well. I'll get my sorc build posted sometime tonight. If I can log back in.

I figure I'll do it on my StamDK more than my Sorc, honestly. I like the general look of the class more.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Bombogenesis posted:

Server is back up. :toot:

For some people. Many of us have the same issue as before. Doesn't seem like the maintenance fixed it.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Lawlicaust posted:

For some people. Many of us have the same issue as before. Doesn't seem like the maintenance fixed it.

Yep same thing for me

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."

Lawlicaust posted:

Is this this "already logged in" thing?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Error 200 for me

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
If you're having issues, switch to the 32 bit client (or vice versa), weird poo poo seems to be happening tonight and it seems to be client-based for some people.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

inflatable fish posted:

Wyld_Karde is that you? from Dominion Rebels?

if yes, holy shite small world

Yeah, that's me. Someone was doing a 'join our guild' yell over zone chat just as I was thinking I should try a guild to see if I can get some reliable groups for pledges and stuff, since the goon presence on EU is almost non-existent.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

straw man posted:

Is this this "already logged in" thing?

Yeah Error 200, Login failed. Despite the announcement that it was resolved (both announcements) it really isn't.

I'm going to swap to 32 and try again.

Edit: It's probably an issue related to the cut cable in Texas affecting certain locations in the US. When I run a VPN out of California, I have no issues connecting.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 5, 2017

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

DoriDori240 posted:

:siren: Incoming wall-o-text about spergy poo poo :siren:

This is awesome, I'll try that with my NB's DPS set up. I feel great tanking but my DPS felt... ok at best.

One question about your rotation: Do you work Sap Essence into your ST rotation at all? I would think it'd be nice for the Major Sorcery buff but idk, you're the pro at this.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Anyone have a fix for the "crash to bug reporter on launching the game" bug that's been in for over a month now? Last I checked there's still no fix for it on the forums, and it was a known bug for the household update on the PTS.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

50k tick at Chalman after an arduous 2 hour defence, followed by us blitzing Alessia and Black Boot in the time it took the rest of the EP pugs to take BRK, then running a scroll back across the map.

A good 4 hours.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Holy poo poo still can't log in reliably, get your poo poo together bethesda.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Thanks for this, it's been amazingly helpful!

edit: Not to downplay Scy's build. That was extremely helpful as well and I'll likely switch over to it again in later levels, it's just nice to have some different viewpoints on builds.

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 6, 2017

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Dinurth posted:

Holy poo poo still can't log in reliably, get your poo poo together bethesda.

Yeah idk what the hell is going on. I have to use a VPN to bypass the log in servers and that works. However, when I turn it off I can't log in/stay online.

Last night I was able to use the VPN to log in, then when I turned it off I could log in like normal. Now that's not even working. :(

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Have you guys tried repairing the launcher? It takes forever and probably won't work, but eh . . .

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Have you guys tried defragging your ram?

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
So hopefully after this mornings maintenance things will run smoother right? Right?

So anyone have some advice for Magtemplar Argonian Healing other than put points in passives etc? Im level 32 and some of the normal dungeons are a little unforgiving. Im currently running for my resto staff Healing Ward, Rapid Regeneration, Honor the Dead, Ritual of Rebirth, Ritual of Retribution, and Practiced Incantation. Its keeping people alive, and im fine on keeping magicka up, but im worried its quite suboptimal.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I sometimes make sure to run my lizard Magplar as a resource battery for the group as well, using Refreshing Springs and Shards. If you run destro front bar, Elemental Drain as well. Don't bother with Ritual of Rebirth unless you are trying some sort of channel specific build. And make sure you have Repentance slotted someplace. I sometimes run Honor the Dead when solo, but Breath of Life is probably better in a group. Add Channeled Focus for the Magicka Recovery if you want. Also in terms of making sure group support goes beyond healing I like Combat Prayer a lot. Refreshing Spings and Combat Prayer are particularly nice when your group is stacking.

Other better healers may have corrections about this stuff I am suggesting for groups. I have run the game solo a lot on my Magplar. I also usually keep Sweeps handy since it heals you and is OK aoe during trash pulls that might not be as demanding on you as a healer.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

Hakarne posted:

This is awesome, I'll try that with my NB's DPS set up. I feel great tanking but my DPS felt... ok at best.

One question about your rotation: Do you work Sap Essence into your ST rotation at all? I would think it'd be nice for the Major Sorcery buff but idk, you're the pro at this.

I use pots when I am trying for a serious score run or vet trials. Otherwise, yes, Sap is my source of major sorcery. If it is a ranged fight without adds, I will sometimes pop a spell power pot during a vet dungeon, but usually you are within range for sap to actually hit something.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Poetic Justice posted:

Have you guys tried repairing the launcher? It takes forever and probably won't work, but eh . . .

If this is in relation to the crash on hitting the play button then yeah.

Something they did during the initial household update in testing borked the game on some computers. It was a known issue that they've never fixed, and pretty much makes it impossible to play the game if you can't find a computer it works on.

I've got another computer that I can play it on but it's inconvenient as heck to use it for it at times.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Finally after this morning's maintenance I can log in again. Wonder what that was about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bryaugh
Mar 7, 2004

So I've hit 50 and I'm now in the infinite grind for more numbers and I was curious, are there any classes that are really good at farming group content like catacombs or public dungons? Or is it mostly just a matter of having tons of CP?