Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

This week, the Kamakura Tourist Board finally starts getting their moneys worth

also, can any Colorado goons confirm

"Horse" sure is a weird way to say "redneck af pickup truck."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Coloradans take bong rips and long board to work

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I like tsurime-sensei

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Hey, check it, a new Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul PV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSczPBZeNRc

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

That makes me think VIRGIN SOUL is their attempt at a "cool" way to write 乙女心.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Darth Walrus posted:

Hey, check it, a new Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul PV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSczPBZeNRc

Oooh, neat! I'm excited!

z0glin Warchief posted:

lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

z0glin Warchief posted:

i think it's called virgin soul because jeanne d'arc is in it

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Pretty strong episode from Bang Dream for the second week in a row. That show might really be finding its stride.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uh wait, where is favaro?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

here

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
but anyway, it looks like the pink girl is the goofball swashbuckler this time and i am perfectly fine with that.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

but anyway, it looks like the pink girl is the goofball swashbuckler this time and i am perfectly fine with that.

I've already forgotten the entire plot of the last series...

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

She looks cool maybe I'll watch this one

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

I've already forgotten the entire plot of the last series...

kaisar is very mad at favaro and chases him, sometimes they team up to fight demons. there is a dragon at the end. it had a huge animation budget and was very pretty.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I finally watched the last episode of Kekkai Sensen and the OVA yesterday and goddamn I missed watching this show. Any idea when it's airing this year?

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
I can't believe how consistently excellent Rakugou is. Between S1 and S2 there's not a single wasted episode.

It's already a classic imo.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Finally, the most D&D of light novels.

quote:

I Couldn't Get Real Satisfaction [a Girlfriend] So I Became a Comrade to a Revolutionary

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I finally watched the last episode of Kekkai Sensen and the OVA yesterday and goddamn I missed watching this show. Any idea when it's airing this year?

I haven't seen a date or even season, I'd probably expect it this Summer though. Dunno how it'll measure up to S1, the writer and director are leaving. S2 will have the same AD, voice cast, and composer though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really want to read A Black Gal Was Transported to a Fantasy World and Mistaken for a Dark Elf

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
for a gyaru, shouldn't it be an orange elf?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Only if she's a ganguro.

god, do your research :rolleye:
http://gyaru.wikia.com/wiki/Types_of_Gyaru

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

In other news there's a gyaru wiki.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Oneegyaru is clearly the best type.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

a kitten posted:

In other news there's a gyaru wiki.

:bisonyes:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i thought the word black implied as much

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Personal_Nirvana posted:

I can't believe how consistently excellent Rakugou is. Between S1 and S2 there's not a single wasted episode.

It's already a classic imo.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I don't care much for the characters or the story being told in Rakugo, but I appreciate how well the story is told.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://files.catbox.moe/jk52j7.webm

Urara is good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

God, three quarters of those titles are isekai garbage.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Waffleman_ posted:

God, three quarters of those titles are isekai garbage.

Of course they are. It's the only thing people are willing to buy these days. Blame the audience, not the poor publishing houses, who surely wish they could go back to the golden days of tasteful high school harems instead.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

wow, a variety of swimsuits and they break? amazing stuff, never seen this before

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

darkgray posted:

Of course they are. It's the only thing people are willing to buy these days. Blame the audience, not the poor publishing houses, who surely wish they could go back to the golden days of tasteful high school harems instead.

Put into this perspective I'm really glad that isekai is the new fad

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Where are the tasteful harems with independent adults?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Isekai: At Least It's Not Incest!

Except when it is. I got my eye on you, video game mom series.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Isekai: At Least It's Not Incest!*

*may contain incest

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I...might be about to drop LWA. I really want to like it more than I do, and there's a version of this show that's way more focused than the one we're getting that's all kind of my poo poo, but we're nine episodes in and we've had almost nothing happen besides nonstop, self-contained, purely episodic antics with characters whose development ranges from static to glacial. Akko, Lotte, Sucy and Ursula aren't EXACTLY the same characters they were two hours of screentime ago, but they're pretty close. It's funny and all, but it's just not funny enough to keep this going for as long as it's trying to. At least not for me.

And, like, it's not even that bad, it's just that the first few episodes left me hoping I'd wind up having a much stronger case for it than I do for Gabriel Dropout instead of one that's roughly on par.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I just binged eps ... 5-7? Yesterday, and it seems actually very hit or miss. Ep5 was a giant pile of meh, 6 was okay, and I liked ep7 a lot! Gonna try 8 soon.

The first few eps were generally okay, but as you said - it feels unfocused. I think maybe having 2 cours was to their detriment. With all that time, they may not feel the need to actually do things with the episodes.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Pretty unfair to weigh a show against gabedrop. You dropped everything else this season too then?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

I...might be about to drop LWA. I really want to like it more than I do, and there's a version of this show that's way more focused than the one we're getting that's all kind of my poo poo, but we're nine episodes in and we've had almost nothing happen besides nonstop, self-contained, purely episodic antics with characters whose development ranges from static to glacial.

I was thinking along almost the exact same lines earlier today, how at the beginning of the season I was most looking forward to LWA, and once I started Dropout it was pretty much on the bottom of my list... but now that's pretty much flipped. Dropout is also pretty episodic, but the show's a lot more funny and the characters are sympathetic.

Kinda makes me all the more disappointed that fellow Trigger show Kiznavier, which could've put another 13 episodes to very good use, didn't get them, while LWA is... well, I won't say wasting them, but there's a lot in this first half that I don't think is going to excite many re-watchers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I keep saying Im done with Akiba's Trip but I keep watching it. And it makes me more angry each episode because it could have been good but loving hell it has zero charm the game had and fails to even mock itself properly.

The robot episode was the only one that got a chuckle out of me but even that was a fleeting moment of fun stuck between a bunch of boring nonsensical poo poo.

• Locked thread