Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

KakerMix posted:

They are very pretty yeah but I can only imagine the maintenance nightmare lurking underneath that hood.

It's a slightly longer 13B-REW, more or less. The two-rotor models literally are (it's slightly different from the RX-7 version.)
Not any worse than an FD.
So, yeah, hell incarnate.

Duncan Imports only wants $14K for their completely stock yellow two-rotor model:
http://www.duncanimports.com/used/Mazda/1990-Mazda-Eunos+Cosmo-711371c80a0e08be6054c3fb49846c1f.htm

I like that blue, slightly modded 3-rotor one better, though. Except for the steering wheel. What happened to all the functions embedded in the wheel when that Momo was installed?

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Bronze? Damage looks bad in far away pictures but ain't no thang close up https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/6021534281.html

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

blk posted:

Bronze? Damage looks bad in far away pictures but ain't no thang close up https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/6021534281.html

That's pretty much the KBB of a vg/excellent car, but with body damage.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

rifles posted:

That's pretty much the KBB of a vg/excellent car, but with body damage.

Dang, all E90s with 100k miles around me still go for 9-10k

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Cage posted:

Wikipedia says it replaced the Alpine A310.

Which Ive also never heard of. And is awesome.

Wheeler Dealers did an episode on this car. Check it out.

Octopus Magic posted:

looks like someone never watched NEON GENESIS EVANGELION :colbert:

:aaaaa: I can't believe I never made that connection.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
This sad abomination will forever pop up on my craigslist searches because it won't sell for over 500

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/6028043447.html

:holymoley:

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

that's the most chattanooga van i've ever seen

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Cage posted:

Wasnt sure if this was worth posting in the awesome AI thread, but these are all for sale/sold and theyre mostly rare cars for the US market so I thought I'd post them here.

Living near the US/Canada border I often see cars from Toronto and the like on my craigslist, so I sometimes see a lot of neat cars that we don't often get.

Or an 1991 Mazda Eunos Cosmo which Ive never heard of but holy cow that butt.
http://www.rightdrive.ca/vehicle/mazda-eunos-cosmo-1882/

drat that's clean. I want it...

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
True and real gold

vinyl seats mean base model and I have less than no reason to get it but look! An unmolested civic for 900 bucks!

EDIT
We were talking about Preludes in the Post Your Ride thread and I've spotted a 87 Prelude Si in unknown condition for $600 bucks

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Mar 4, 2017

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/6013435305.html

"Like New"

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Octopus Magic posted:

looks like someone never watched NEON GENESIS EVANGELION :colbert:

Trap sprung but that was also the European version with six headlights and I want one so much

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention

KakerMix posted:

They are very pretty yeah but I can only imagine the maintenance nightmare lurking underneath that hood.

Wow that's gorgeous.

The proportions are just right in my opinion. I need to find a car like this, but not a money pit

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

It was just in a finder binder.

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop

holy poo poo, why do i want this terrible thing that i never knew about before today so badly?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Gomi Day posted:

holy poo poo, why do i want this terrible thing that i never knew about before today so badly?

Corvette's have a similar system in the 80s before they put in a German transmission with straight gears. Metal as hell. For some reason the overdrive in the corvette only works in 2 -4. It is also a lame button not another stick.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Elephanthead posted:

Corvette's have a similar system in the 80s before they put in a German transmission with straight gears. Metal as hell. For some reason the overdrive in the corvette only works in 2 -4. It is also a lame button not another stick.

MGBs and MGCs with overdrive had a similar electrically-actuated overdrive system.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KakerMix posted:

True and real gold

Really tempted to go get this today. gently caress.

Doesn't look like it has a/c tho, that's a deal breaker for 99% of buyers down here.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Is that something that you could add to the car?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Doesn't look like it has a/c tho, that's a deal breaker for 99% of buyers down here.

Looks like it may to me. On the under hood shots it looks like he's wrapped the AC line in foil and it looks like a charging valve behind the air intake on the left side.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Easily hits modified 'busa bingo:

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/cto/5965217360.html

Pompous Rhombus fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 4, 2017

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

This clean AU$1200 Prelude popped up yesterday and seems like a nice deal, although the fact it's still available today makes me a little bit suspicious. OTOH, the school I work at (which looks to be just up the street from him, judging by the background) has an automotive program and could probably put it up on the lift and take a good look at it for a very reasonable fee...

quote:

1989 Honda Prelude Coupe

- 1 owner since new
- Low 199,000kms
- 4 cylinder
- 5 speed Manual
- brand new tyres
- 3 months rego
- electric windows
- factory electric sunroof
- pop up head lights
- power steering
- Comfy seats
- very cheap to run

The vehicle is in excellent, clean, original condition.

All original Honda books/owners manual pictured.

GENUINE ENQUIRIES ONLY

$1200 phone/text Matt on

Ethics_Gradient fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 4, 2017

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Why haven't you bought it yet?

w1ntermute
Jan 6, 2005
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

MrYenko posted:

MGBs and MGCs with overdrive had a similar electrically-actuated overdrive system.

And Volvo 240 series manual cars.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

TopherCStone posted:

Wow that's gorgeous.

The proportions are just right in my opinion. I need to find a car like this, but not a money pit

I've got Lexus on the mind buuuuttt the Lexus SC 300/400 is fairly close proportion-wise and is most definitely not a money pit.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

mariooncrack posted:

Is that something that you could add to the car?

Deteriorata posted:

Looks like it may to me. On the under hood shots it looks like he's wrapped the AC line in foil and it looks like a charging valve behind the air intake on the left side.

I know my 82 Tercel had A/C that was added by the dealer, I'd have to imagine that it would be something you most certainly could add to this Civic. Being that it has those seats that means it's the low-spec standard version which should mean that it doesn't have factory A/C.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

TopherCStone posted:

Wow that's gorgeous.

First generation Acura Legend coupe?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KakerMix posted:

I know my 82 Tercel had A/C that was added by the dealer, I'd have to imagine that it would be something you most certainly could add to this Civic. Being that it has those seats that means it's the low-spec standard version which should mean that it doesn't have factory A/C.

Too much work to put a/c in that car, it would make a good race car tho.

I helped put a/c in a Miata once.......Once.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Soarer Aerocabin still is one of my favorite 80s Japanese grand tourers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDVD4JSjLmo

Autoexec.bat
Dec 29, 2012

Just one more level

Was really tempted to go get this even though it's probably a bad idea. I don't have the money anyway.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Carth Dookie posted:

Wheeler Dealers did an episode on this car. Check it out.

:aaaaa: I can't believe I never made that connection.

Wheeler Dealers is such a good show. Granted I generally skip the buying/selling portions to watch Edd rebuild poo poo, but it's refreshing to see a mechanic show that doesn't involve fat bearded guys yelling at each other or "this car could break the shop if we don't get it done in two days."

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Autoexec.bat posted:

Was really tempted to go get this even though it's probably a bad idea. I don't have the money anyway.
Good bad ideas aren't bad ideas.

digger_smolkin
Feb 23, 2007

Any Problem Solved

Is A New Problem Made
https://mobile.craigslist.org/cto/6002130812.html

Seen several attempts at this...this one seems better than most?

that poor idi

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

As Nero Danced posted:

Wheeler Dealers is such a good show. Granted I generally skip the buying/selling portions to watch Edd rebuild poo poo, but it's refreshing to see a mechanic show that doesn't involve fat bearded guys yelling at each other or "this car could break the shop if we don't get it done in two days."

My wife and I discovered the show when we got Playstation vue and got a free trial upgrade to their top teir package a few months ago. Edd is fantastic about explaining poo poo and what does what and how it functions. He was working on a choke on something and my wife asks what a choke does, and before I could answer, Edd explains it. Our free trial ended a week or so back, and now I'm paying functionally $15/month more just for velocity. My wife insisted because she couldn't live without Wheeler Dealers. Great show for two people who love cars but have never done anything more difficult than brakes, fluids, and bolt on poo poo like alternators. Sure makes us want to learn (and wrench) more.

Autoexec.bat
Dec 29, 2012

Just one more level

Friar Zucchini posted:

Good bad ideas aren't bad ideas.

Ugh, you're not making this easier, I want it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Welcome to Big 70s American Iron plus One Mustang II, a Pacer, and a Truck, where everything is 6500 or less and runs. I swear it feels like all of south Florida collectively dumped all their huge 70s cars all at once.

I'm really keen on finding more information on this one, condition is 'fair' and the pictures are poo poo but a fuckin' LTD wagon with a (I think?) 460. If it runs price is def. right. Might text the person tomorrow and see. If any of you want it by all means jump up on it. I've got a timing belt and rear main seal to replace in my sc300 :negative:

I've seen this one personally, the guy drove it to Cars and Coffee. It's a very nice original car as described.

This last one is too pricey to play in this cool game but gently caress it looks metal as hell

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat. I want that Diplomat.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
That Coupe Deville in baby blue is fantastic.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I want every single one of them

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

OH MY GOD I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/1954-bombardier/1238365654?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Sedan" :crossarms: