Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Burkion posted:

So how bullshit would it be if they won thanks to Tien going multiform at the last minute

Better yet, one team has 8 members left and Krillin, Piccolo, and Tien all do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Majin Buu decides to make DBHeroes canon and makes his wife and kids right there, live on stage.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It'll be interesting to see how the Universe 6 team gets along during the battle royal considering everyone hates Frost and Brolina(assuming she's also from Universe 6) will probably is a rage monster. I also wonder how they'll counter Hit, since having the ability to stop time seems like it would make eliminating people real easy.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Adder Moray posted:

Sandbag the beam struggle. Zeno was already aware SSJBKKx10 hosed up Goku's body. Already knew Goku was the type to take his time with his opponents. Play around in SSJBKKx10 for a while, sandbag the beam struggle, then cramp up and lose.

That could have worked. I'm not sure if Goku can actually plan to sandbag, but that might have been made to look convincing. Then again, Zeno watched Goku fight a guy who could stop time to a near standstill for what, 30 minutes? Would he buy it? I wonder if Zeno is omniscient as well as omnipotent.

Rhonne posted:

It'll be interesting to see how the Universe 6 team gets along during the battle royal considering everyone hates Frost and Brolina(assuming she's also from Universe 6) will probably is a rage monster. I also wonder how they'll counter Hit, since having the ability to stop time seems like it would make eliminating people real easy.

Yeah, Hit seems like he'll be a beast in this fight. Probably not great at teamwork, but if someone on your team can use invisible energy blasts, stop time, and not be standing where he seems to be, it might be best to let them do their own thing.

Like, if you're Gohan, do you plan for Goku to do any teamwork, or let him go hop around attracting all the attention to the side of the fight your team's NOT on, and quietly try to do your best to keep as many people on the platform as possible?

Also, with flight disabled, and nothing in the void existing other than the platform what, exactly, happens to people who fall off?

I kinda hope U6 and U7 at least end up merged. That way, the group can have some (relatively) chill sayain bros.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 5, 2017

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i was gonna say the time limit is too short for there to be enough episodes for the actual fight to be interesting but then i remembered 5 minutes on Namek

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

OB_Juan posted:

"Goku is the villain" is fun and all, but Zeno's the one who decided to make the tournament about erasing universes, since he's erasing universes already, Goku can't really defy him by softballing vs Bergamo, either. If he lost without going at least as far as he did vs Hit, it's not like Zeno wouldn't notice. And then what?

Sure, proclaiming "If I'm the villain, so what, come at me bro" probably isn't the best way to go, but it is the hand Zeno (or the high priest) started to deal him, and the role Bergamo hung on him.

He's not the villain, but I still feel that he's going through a bit of a midlife crisis and some of his more negative qualities are shining through (like they have several times before, just not on the same scale). There's a bit of grey area to the characters, especially Goku. And I love that.

Also the real arc villain, if there is one, is prooooobably the one with all the dark and creepy shots. The one who said Zeno would destroy all universes if Goku threw the fight, when Zeno never actually said that directly.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Slightly Absurd posted:

I wonder what happens in the event there's a tie? It seems likely after the time limit expires we could have multiple universes tied for first, which would probably be a good way to make sure universe 6 stays around

sudden death.

Rhonne posted:

I wonder if Goku will at any point realize the gravity of the situation he's in and just how many people are going to die because of him?

he's well aware

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Burkion posted:

GOKU

STOP RELYING ON GOHAN AS YOUR PLOT DEVICE

He is nowhere NEAR as strong as you anymore thanks to God Ki! Unless you plan to share that advantage

gohan has instantly become stronger than his dad at least 3 times over the course of the series, it's not like he couldn't do it again. vegeta wen ssb on his own as well so gohan could do that, too

I think goku was implying gohan would take on a leadership role tho, not that he'd be the key fighter like with cell. the conversation was about how teamwork was big and how goku sucked at it when he brought up gohan, after all

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The Tournament of Power is literally Smash Bros. :allears:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

StrifeHira posted:

Also the real arc villain, if there is one, is prooooobably the one with all the dark and creepy shots. The one who said Zeno would destroy all universes if Goku threw the fight, when Zeno never actually said that directly.

Agreedo.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

gohan has instantly become stronger than his dad at least 3 times over the course of the series, it's not like he couldn't do it again. vegeta wen ssb on his own as well so gohan could do that, too

I think goku was implying gohan would take on a leadership role tho, not that he'd be the key fighter like with cell. the conversation was about how teamwork was big and how goku sucked at it when he brought up gohan, after all

Even with that in mind, Goku has already implied in the last few episodes that Gohan is much stronger and has still more untapped power.

I just find it hilarious that Gohan remains Goku's go to. Meanwhile Goten continues to gently caress off and be ignored.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Burkion posted:

Even with that in mind, Goku has already implied in the last few episodes that Gohan is much stronger and has still more untapped power.

I just find it hilarious that Gohan remains Goku's go to. Meanwhile Goten continues to gently caress off and be ignored.

Goten is clearly the Raditz of the Son Goku Family.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well of course he does. if goku is stronger than gohan now, and gohan's whole thing has literally always been that he's capable of being way stronger than goku, then naturally gohan can still do that if he felt like it

gohan isn't even as strong as he was against buu right now, so goku thinking gohan can get stronger is still absolutely, unequivocably true even if they don't give him ssb

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Goten is clearly the Raditz of the Son Goku Family.

Goku vowed he would never treat his first born son like his father treated Raditz

He never said nothing about his second child

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The Tournament of Power is literally Smash Bros. :allears:

Yeah this series might be the alpha series

Goku villian
Makes gods scared
On track of killing more people than he even thought could exist
Super excited about it

On top of all of that, they're taking away flying in a rumble royale

I feel like a kid waiting for the next episode of the 5minute saga

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

mabels big day posted:

i was gonna say the time limit is too short for there to be enough episodes for the actual fight to be interesting but then i remembered 5 minutes on Namek

48 minutes is also about the same length of two episodes. Normally I'd think the same as you, but that seems like such a specific number to pick.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Momomo posted:

48 minutes is also about the same length of two episodes. Normally I'd think the same as you, but that seems like such a specific number to pick.

They might use this to prune half the universes and half the teams each, so we get a round robin between all the other teams for the finals.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

StrifeHira posted:

He's not the villain, but I still feel that he's going through a bit of a midlife crisis and some of his more negative qualities are shining through (like they have several times before, just not on the same scale). There's a bit of grey area to the characters, especially Goku. And I love that.

zeno's like two feet away from the high priest if the priest was saying something zeno didn't agree with they'd probably say something to him

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

zeno's like two feet away from the high priest if the priest was saying something zeno didn't agree with they'd probably say something to him

Do you really think zeno cares outside of "I want to see cool poo poo happen"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Momomo posted:

They could also stretch it out by going "while this fight was happening on this part of the platform, here's what was happening at the same time on the other end!"

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
WAIT

WAIT WAIT

Okay so weapons aren't allowed, but is Nimbus allowed? Not a weapon, just a tool!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rhonne posted:

They could also stretch it out by going "while this fight was happening on this part of the platform, here's what was happening at the same time on the other end!"

so this arc is a quasi hunter x hunter rip off

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Tonetta posted:

Do you really think zeno cares outside of "I want to see cool poo poo happen"

Probably not.

Also, I think the best reason to think that there's not going to be any/many casualties from this - if you're going to erase the fighters, their gods, and the people in them, why bother to disallow killing?

Also, the funniest outcome is Zeno ends up merging the mortals into the one universe, and lets the gods fight it out to decide who runs it.

Or last minute decides to toss the gods into the fight as well.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

No I'm pretty sure that's just because it's a tactics focused tournament and Gohan's smart

Like this episode makes it pretty clear. Power is secondary to just being able to get your opponent out of the ring.

You're probably right, but it's fun speculating on how this weird new tournament might play out

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Is it really a tournament when it's only one fight?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OB_Juan posted:

Yeah, Hit seems like he'll be a beast in this fight. Probably not great at teamwork, but if someone on your team can use invisible energy blasts, stop time, and not be standing where he seems to be, it might be best to let them do their own thing.

Hits powers might not work properly in a pocket dimension outside of normal space and time.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Keep in mind Hit can't kill people in this tournament, so that pretty much limits him to the time skip

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Is it really a tournament when it's only one fight?

It's a Royal Rumble.

I'm just imagining one of the aliens from another universe running into the ring and hitting Goku in the back of the head with a steel chair. :allears:

Blockhouse posted:

Keep in mind Hit can't kill people in this tournament, so that pretty much limits him to the time skip

I wonder if that'll be awkward for him to use with 70 opponents to deal with.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

From Universe 10, Roman Reigns.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

It probably doesn't speak well of Goku that his sole regret at this point is most likely that the tournament doesn't allow killing...

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

whats stopping them from accidentally killing eachother

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

He can still just pick people up and dump them off the edge with his timestop power though, right?

I can totally see Hit getting eliminated early on just to get that kind of power out of the rumble at quickly as possible.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Nah Hit exists to get chumped.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hits gonna have an entire episode where he takes two other universes down with him.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Hits actually gonna work with goku

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"Everyone come at me as hard as you can!" - Goku, Episode 81

I can't wait for all 70 of the opposing fighters to immediately swarm Goku and throw him out of the ring.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rhonne posted:

He can still just pick people up and dump them off the edge with his timestop power though, right?

I can totally see Hit getting eliminated early on just to get that kind of power out of the rumble at quickly as possible.

The tournament takes place over 2 days, I think the arena is going to be really huge. Like the size of a continent. Large enough that you could stay near the center and Hit would not have enough time to run to the edge and dump you.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Remember when using Kaioken with SSB was incredibly risky and potentially crippling, and should only be used as an absolute last resort in the most dire circumstances? Goku doesn't.

Goku's only used normal Kaioken since he went x10 with SSB so it's fine though?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

"Everyone come at me as hard as you can!" - Goku, Episode 81

I can't wait for all 70 of the opposing fighters to immediately swarm Goku and throw him out of the ring.

Clearly Gohan's plan is to let them try and do that and then push the mob off the cliff when they get there.

Sure they lose Goku but who cares he's a dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I will say, the way they were talking about "Mortal level" in this universe made it seem clear that they were referring to strength of character. Not fists.

• Locked thread