Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dangersim posted:

I heard the fight was bad

Think of Mir v Crocop in terms of level of engagement. Except worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ojaman
Feb 16, 2011
I honestly think Conor could beat woodley after watching that.

ojaman fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Mar 5, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I was kinda hoping to watch 209 but had other stuff on, sounds like I didn't miss much sadly. Any of the fights worth a look?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Jerusalem posted:

I was kinda hoping to watch 209 but had other stuff on, sounds like I didn't miss much sadly. Any of the fights worth a look?

all of them except the main event. they were all amazing except the one that wasn't, which was so bad, it made it the worst card of all time

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Jerusalem posted:

Bektic/Elkins, definitely

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
A bunch of made up fighters like Bortic, Lando, and Mumpus all did like spinning backflip kicks for no reasons so it was a decent card till you remember none of those guys are even real.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
We went from Robbie Lawler winning fight of the year three years in a row in UFC welterweight title fights

To that

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Lid posted:

We went from Robbie Lawler winning fight of the year three years in a row in UFC welterweight title fights

To that

the universe is righting itself

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
at least Khabib won his fight against the American hospital system

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Skip Tybura/Henrique, skip Woodley/Thompson, maybe watch Rashad/Kelly at 1.5x speed, and watch Godbeer/Spitz but take like four shots of something alcoholic first.

Everything else is great.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Tyron Woodley is the human equivalent of a wedge type Battlebot

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Wedges win though

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

Hey... if 2 guys draw because nothing happens in 5 rounds maybe that isnt the fight to make an instant rematch for except now as the main event.

Weird but true

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I'm sad because Ill have to watch another Woodley fight to see what happens to the belt

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

CarlCX posted:

Skip Tybura/Henrique, skip Woodley/Thompson, maybe watch Rashad/Kelly at 1.5x speed, and watch Godbeer/Spitz but take like four shots of something alcoholic first.

Everything else is great.

Tybure/Henrique wasn't bad for a heavyweight fight.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

DoombatINC posted:

at first I read "Battletoad" and now I want duncan's opinion about where Woodley is on the Sega Genesis spectrum relative to Rin Nakai

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Also, lol at the guy who said Hunt has a shot chin. That knee was insane and Hunt leaned into it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

DoombatINC posted:

Robbie Lawler is Razer.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

vainman posted:

Also, lol at the guy who said Hunt has a shot chin. That knee was insane and Hunt leaned into it

Plus now that he's dead hes really hard to hurt, even harder than before.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

vainman posted:

who da fook said that? overeem's knees are some of the hardest strikes thrown in human history and that is pretty much consensus fact

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I like how D'Amato had the last round penned in 10-9 then changed the 9 to a 8

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Marching Powder posted:

who da fook said that? overeem's knees are some of the hardest strikes thrown in human history and that is pretty much consensus fact

I did based on hes been knocked out in 3 of his last six fights, and said it was shot by Hunt standards. He can still take shots but they can put him down and have been with more regularity. Hes not Chuck or Pitbull shot, but he cant take it on the chin like he used to and that is very bad for his style.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
So since neither khabib or ferguson were injured can't they just put the fight on another card? Or is it not that simple?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Lid posted:

I did based on hes been knocked out in 3 of his last six fights, and said it was shot by Hunt standards. He can still take shots but they can put him down and have been with more regularity. Hes not Chuck or Pitbull shot, but he cant take it on the chin like he used to and that is very bad for his style.

i think that's extremely diengenuous. he ducked directly into a rising knee from werdum and was still fully conscious, he was still fully conscious in the stipe fight for about 20 minutes longer than any human should have to be, and the jds ko was the equivalent of wide arc swinging a baseball bat.

the overeem knee was two knees from overeem.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Mark Hunt is already back to posting incoherent messages on his Facebook from the hospital. He's 42 years old. I think he has the best chin in the business

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

vainman posted:

Overeem pulled his head down into it. That knee would've been rough for a young Mark Hunt.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

Plus now that he's dead hes really hard to hurt, even harder than before.

Physically and emotionally. god bless

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
There really isn't a fight for tyron right now...jorge and mail are the only top 10 guys on win streaks, if lost Rory and didn't sign larkin, you got uh...magny and stun gun

I guess he could fight Nick or conor , or wait for maia/Jorge winner

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Tybure/Henrique wasn't bad for a heavyweight fight.

It wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't say it was good, hence if you're going for card highlights I wouldn't include it.

Hunt's chin is by no means shot but I do kinda hope he considers retirement anyway 'cause getting knocked out by giants when you're 42 is bad for your brain and he needs to focus on his fulltime career of suing the UFC.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Marching Powder posted:

i think that's extremely diengenuous. he ducked directly into a rising knee from werdum and was still fully conscious, he was still fully conscious in the stipe fight for about 20 minutes longer than any human should have to be, and the jds ko was the equivalent of wide arc swinging a baseball bat.

the overeem knee was two knees from overeem.

He used to eat crocop headkicks though. It used to be indestructible.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Woodly didnt have a good fight tonight but he might have proven himself as ready to face Nick Diaz. We'll see what Nick says. I don't want Woodly getting into a situation where he gets hurt.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

sadly, this fight set race relations between tyron woodley and the entire rest of the world back about a hundred years

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he still hasn't earned a shot at diaz, needs to string together a few wins

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Diaz could face the winner of bisping/gsp and the loser has to face Tyron

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Diddie posted:

Overeem pulled his head down into it. That knee would've been rough for a young Mark Hunt.

Yeah, Reem couldn't have delivered a more perfect shot if Johnny Knoxville was presenting "Brain Damage". I'm no fighter, but that looked absolutely textbook.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I choose to believe that Robbie Lawler's inability to have a boring fight is so strong that it forced him to lose within a round to an impressive knockout, rather than it being Woodley fluking into an exciting win.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

DoombatINC posted:

lmao

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I now dislike the GSP-Bisping fight even more, seeing how GSP could come back and likely take the belt from Woodley's cowardly rear end

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

chaleski posted:

I now dislike the GSP-Bisping fight even more, seeing how GSP could come back and likely take the belt from Woodley's cowardly rear end

They need Conor to win it to set up GSP v Conor for a belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I definitely think Conor can beat Woodley so that's cool

• Locked thread