Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

Incisive commentary!

:perfect:

Yeaas, that's the sauce!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Ularg posted:

Garrison: "Trump will be the ultimate savior of America, look how nothing can stop him!"
Also Garrison: "Waaah Trump and Hillary and Bush are criticizing Trump, they just won't leave!"
Trump is strong, nothing can stop him! Except all these things that can, constantly, at every turn, which I'll blame all his failings on.
If Trump can't overcome the ex-president then he must not be very strong at all.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I like how the kid being psychic has nothing to do with anything else.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Can anyone else recommend terrible reactionary pieces like Camp of the Saints or Wild in the Streets? Satires don't count, I want totally earnest dumb stuff.
If Footman Tire You is great if you're not squeamish. It features a communist takeover of America where they turn Santa Claus into Fidel Castro, a teacher lecturing 9 year Olds on the 7 erotic zones, and an astounding amount of child decapitation for a church film.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
It suddenly occured to me that Garrison's work would go great with dril quotes.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Can anyone else recommend terrible reactionary pieces like Camp of the Saints or Wild in the Streets? Satires don't count, I want totally earnest dumb stuff.

State of fear by Michael Crichton, of Jurassic Park fame. The plot is global warming is made up by murderous (possibly suicidal) eco-terrorists, that drive Prius's and use super exotic blowfish to kill instead of guns, so that people will give them money to fight global warming. Also: Hollywood types are hypocrites for using airplanes, petrified forests prove logging is good, cannibal tribes, and made up sonic digging equipment that can make earthquakes that cause tidal waves.

I cannot overstate the pettiness and stupidity of it all.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Shadowed Bacon posted:

Don't forget that a book critic who said mean things about Crichton's works once is inserted into that story as a pedophile with the tiniest dick in the world

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

DarklyDreaming posted:

Don't forget that a book critic who said mean things about Crichton's works once is inserted into that story as a pedophile with the tiniest dick in the world

That's in Next, not State of Fear.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Shadowed Bacon posted:

State of fear by Michael Crichton, of Jurassic Park fame. The plot is global warming is made up by murderous (possibly suicidal) eco-terrorists, that drive Prius's and use super exotic blowfish to kill instead of guns, so that people will give them money to fight global warming. Also: Hollywood types are hypocrites for using airplanes, petrified forests prove logging is good, cannibal tribes, and made up sonic digging equipment that can make earthquakes that cause tidal waves.

All of Crichton's books are reactionary pieces about man's hubris.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

duz posted:

All of Crichton's books are reactionary pieces about man's hubris.

not the one about how beowolf was a true story, that was just about how cool it would be if cavemen lived until the...whenever it was set

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Jurassic Park is the best god damned documentary ever made.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

RonJeremysBalzac posted:

Channeling the spirit Demon of Jack Chick I see

Which led to someone making this:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

U.T. Raptor posted:

Incredible.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Tuxedo Ted posted:

The absolute classic would be The Turner Diaries, which was basically the template for the OKC bombing as well as several other white-power terror attacks. The same author also wrote Hunter, where the protagonist stalks the streets killing inter-racial couples and Jews, and I think that book is explicitly tied to a few actual murders.

If you have Archives on SA, TFR did some great mocking Let's Reads of masturbatory gun-fic (with varying degrees of white nationalism) about plucky Patriot insurgents fighting the evil US government.

-- Unintended Consequences is less racist, more just terrible for being over-wrought and cringe-worthy sex scenes. Basically the heroes assassinate politicians, ATF agents, etc to restore Freedom
-- the Enemies Foreign and Domestic trilogy (written by a Freep member) starts off less-racial in its first book, which is pretty similar to UI in concept, and then the second books gets crazy-paranoid about La Raza and the third book is about hordes of feral blacks rampaging across America.

Of these LRs, I like the EF&D ones best, though the first book is less insane. TFR regular Pitch narrated all of these, leading to his for a while having a redtext "PITCH READ FOR OUR SINS". I'm phone posting but if anyone can post the Archive links it'd be groovy, and the LRs are funnier and more efficient than reading the books directly.

EDIT: here's the EF&D sum-up thread with links to the full threads in the OP: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3506161%26userid=0%26perpage=40%26pagenumber=11

EDIT2: if you want more crazy for your time, you're fine to skip ahead to the second EF&D book, you can basically extrapolate the plot of the first one, like in any terrible sequel.

EDIT3: Let's Read for Unintended Consequences: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3054909&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Mar 5, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Fulchrum posted:

I like how the kid being psychic has nothing to do with anything else.
If Footman Tire You is great if you're not squeamish. It features a communist takeover of America where they turn Santa Claus into Fidel Castro, a teacher lecturing 9 year Olds on the 7 erotic zones, and an astounding amount of child decapitation for a church film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Ko926itZ4

SexyBlindfold posted:

It suddenly occured to me that Garrison's work would go great with dril quotes.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

The right leaning New York Post, Townhall, and left leaning Nation editor and publisher, Katrina vanden Heuvel, writing in the Washington Post, have something in common. They all compare the senate Democrats’ obsession with Russians to McCarthyism of 50 years ago. Are you now or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party?

It’s fitting and proper that a comedian got the ball rolling for the Jeff Sessions act in this Russian circus. Senator Al Franken based a question to Senator Sessions on a bogus story in Buzzfeed about a Russian dossier on Donald Trump. It claims Trump hired prostitutes to pee on a bed Barack and Michelle had slept on in a Russian hotel.

Franken asked the senator what he would do if there’s any evidence of contact with Russians in the course of the Trump campaign. Sessions replied, “Senator Franken, I’m not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn’t have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.” You can role the tape here on Politifact.

Then, as night follows day, two meetings with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak surfaced. One was in Sessions’ senate office. The other was a group introduction at the RNC in Cleveland. Senator Sessions says those meetings were in the course of his role as a senator and didn’t involve the Trump campaign.

Senator Claire McCaskill insisted that sort of thing just isn’t done. But her twitter account says otherwise.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Tuxedo Ted posted:

The 1986 miniseries, "Amerika."

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Jagger what was the bad cartoon you took your avatar from I need to show someone a bad cartoon that is aping the art of krisfaluski and I cannot for the life of me remember.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

When it gets like this, you wonder if grad students refused to invite him to keggers when he was a freshman. And then scuffed his shoes up a little.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

U.T. Raptor posted:

Huh. So that's where Dragonball Z came from...:goku:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

Incisive commentary!

At first I was like "what, no debt?", but I was wrong to doubt you.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

We really need to investigate Benghazi, Clinton emails, and the IRS.

Someone should get on that.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

OldTennisCourt posted:

hey guys remember when conservatives whined and threw tantrums that Obama blamed Bush for everything and mocked him for it

yeah good times

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Krinkle posted:

Jagger what was the bad cartoon you took your avatar from I need to show someone a bad cartoon that is aping the art of krisfaluski and I cannot for the life of me remember.

Barry

Edit:

Raz has the write up in 2014 & 15 threads. But he vanished in 2013~2014. Dunno where he was getting these from.

E2: my god I forgot how insane these were. That guys arm has 3 joints. Everything has motion marks, and nubs.

itskage fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 5, 2017

ZombieCat
May 3, 2014

Shadowed Bacon posted:

Oh loving hell, THAT book. I read that in high school and it seriously sent me into a bout of climate change denialism.

I mean, Michael Crichton seems like a smart guy, right? He must know what he's talking about.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Congratulations scum pond the leader of your party owns multiple of all those things.

Also drat it's dated 2-5 and it's only 3:20am? Is he like Trump?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Oh good, the narrative has seamlessly morphed from "no he didn't" to "yeah he did, but it doesn't matter, because But Her Emails". Even by the Ramirez/Mccoy/Bok/etc circuit's standards that's pretty loving brazen!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
... writes the man who literally gets paid thousands of dollars to draw a duck.

Yeah, that's loving great. More of this, please. More noncommittal unspecific freaking out.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

HAT FETISH posted:

Oh good, the narrative has seamlessly morphed from "no he didn't" to "yeah he did, but it doesn't matter, because But Her Emails". Even by the Ramirez/Mccoy/Bok/etc circuit's standards that's pretty loving brazen!

The narrative will always be:

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

TheBigAristotle posted:

A reminder that this guy gets $3,600 a month on Patreon

Um yes, punching people because they're bad at phrasing the steps in their argument (he's missing an 'objective' or 'absolute') is a thing society has agreed is unacceptable and has passed laws criminalizing. Your point?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

itskage posted:

Barry

Edit:

Raz has the write up in 2014 & 15 threads. But he vanished in 2013~2014. Dunno where he was getting these from.

E2: my god I forgot how insane these were. That guys arm has 3 joints. Everything has motion marks, and nubs.
He posted them to a site and a blog, but i think they're gone now

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

The absolute classic would be The Turner Diaries, which was basically the template for the OKC bombing as well as several other white-power terror attacks. The same author also wrote Hunter, where the protagonist stalks the streets killing inter-racial couples and Jews, and I think that book is explicitly tied to a few actual murders. [...]

-- Unintended Consequences is less racist, more just terrible for being over-wrought and cringe-worthy sex scenes. Basically the heroes assassinate politicians, ATF agents, etc to restore Freedom
Timothy McVeigh is actually quoted on Wikipedia as saying that the Turner Diaries was his bible, but Unintended Consequences was his "new testament", and that if it had been published a few years earlier he would have given serious thought to using its plan of widespread assassination of government employees instead of Turner's dramatic bombing. And a lot of the politicians brutally tortured and murdered are thin pseudonyms for real people ranging from then-Governor of Missouri on up to Janet Reno.

And of course the crowning achievement of that thread, author John Ross himself registering an account to post about it and mailing Tenement Funster a check for $500.

(The link itself seems to be broken. EF&D may still be in the live forums but UC was goldmined and is just giving me a forums error message dated January 28th.)

Edit: jeez, even I'm getting these books mixed up

Pitch fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Mar 5, 2017

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Jr Rose! Covering Bridgewater instead of JMU? You've lost your biggest supporter, Rose! YOU WILL REGRET THIS :argh:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Note the very JRRosey touch of having the bird (try to) make the W shape. He couldn't find a wordplay to place, so he went for a visual pun.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Orson Scott Card's "Empire" books, which are all about a new Civil War between conservative good guys and the evil "Progressive Restoration," which is backed by a guy who absolutely is not a George Soros expy.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Somfin posted:

Yeah, that's loving great. More of this, please. More noncommittal unspecific freaking out.

I have to wonder if Stallie isn't going for Calvin and Hobbes anymore so much as Pogo. First it was the human politicians represented as animals, and now this goddamn interminable stretch of endless whining and angsting, like he's casting about trying to write something as pithy as "We have met the enemy and he is us" that captures the zeitgeist, and he will just keep rephrasing and rehashing it until he is recognized as the Funnypages Bard of Our Age.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"The picturebook world of Donald Trump and Jeff Sessions - Chris Riddell on the US president’s continuing Russian woes" After Michael Rosen.

Sunday Telegraph:

Chancellor’s £60bn Brexit fighting fund

Independent on Sunday:

Assembly election: Sinn Féin hails 'watershed' result

Sunday Times:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Who likes street art?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Benghazeeeeee!

Outstanding.

By the way, Ramirez, the Republicans concluded their Benghazi bonanza when Trump got elected, basically saying lol nm byeee.

• Locked thread