Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jerome Agricola posted:

Falcons are the most matt ryan of franchises.

:thurman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
The Bucs need a good FS and a real #2 WR so hopefully we draft those and not an RB in the first few rounds. I don't care if the Muscle Hamster is back or not I will be almost as mad if we go RB as I was about Second Round Kicker.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Silly Burrito posted:

So is there anyone you're hoping your team drafts this year? Hoping for linebacker or cornerback, but watch Sean pick Deshaun Watson or something else completely out of left field.

I really don't want Fournette to be a Panther just as much as Fiz.

Edge rusher, ILB, FS, TE. I'm conflicted on DT...I thought we needed one but Jarret and Hageman were playing lights out at the end of last year and playoffs.

Cam and Fournette on the same team would be vomit inducing.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Epi Lepi posted:

The Bucs need a good FS and a real #2 WR so hopefully we draft those and not an RB in the first few rounds. I don't care if the Muscle Hamster is back or not I will be almost as mad if we go RB as I was about Second Round Kicker.

3rd/4th rounder for RB imo.

Don't hang your hopes in the backfield on Jaquizz Rodgers. As much as I adore that man, he's barely even a #2.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

So is there anyone you're hoping your team drafts this year? Hoping for linebacker or cornerback, but watch Sean pick Deshaun Watson or something else completely out of left field.

I really don't want Fournette to be a Panther just as much as Fiz.

Because we're likely to lose Babs sooner than later and Quinn likes to rotate... we need to draft a Defensive Tackle.

We're weak at guard and could use a high pick on one, and picking at 31, we're likely to be able to get a high quality one, as this position doesn't tend to go high, so quality at the position will still be available.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chilichimp posted:

3rd/4th rounder for RB imo.

Don't hang your hopes in the backfield on Jaquizz Rodgers. As much as I adore that man, he's barely even a #2.

Sadly he was by far the best RB we had last year. Martin and Sims were bad. Unless Dalvin Cook (homer pick) falls to TB I agree 3/4 rounder should be fine. WR is by far the biggest need.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

Because we're likely to lose Babs sooner than later and Quinn likes to rotate... we need to draft a Defensive Tackle.

We're weak at guard and could use a high pick on one, and picking at 31, we're likely to be able to get a high quality one, as this position doesn't tend to go high, so quality at the position will still be available.

Forgot about Guard. Chester needs to go for sure.

Also, Babs is gone. He said his goodbyes on Instagram yesterday.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Sadly he was by far the best RB we had last year. Martin and Sims were bad. Unless Dalvin Cook (homer pick) falls to TB I agree 3/4 rounder should be fine. WR is by far the biggest need.

Get Evans help, Jesus, I'm so down with the Mikeness I can't even loving contain it.

weird Asian candy posted:

Forgot about Guard. Chester needs to go for sure.

Also, Babs is gone. He said his goodbyes on Instagram yesterday.

drat :smith:

I didn't buy his Jersey back in like 2010 because I figured he wouldn't be around much longer... he proved me wrong and I love him for it.

goodnight sweet prince.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

wandler20 posted:

Man I can't believe you kept that AV all season.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Epi Lepi posted:

Man I can't believe you kept that AV all season.

What? Aguayo owns......

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

weird Asian candy posted:

Edge rusher, ILB, FS, TE. I'm conflicted on DT...I thought we needed one but Jarret and Hageman were playing lights out at the end of last year and playoffs.

Falcons definitely need more disruptors at DT/DL. Babs is gone, money stealing devil (brought in by the Jew Pioli) Tyson Jackson is gonna be gone, a rotation that already needed to get better is thinning out. Whatever we get from Sheed is gravy, he's a turn it on and turn it off guy.

Also need more DBs, linebackers, OL depth, TEs, a decent backup QB...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DNS posted:

money stealing devil (brought in by the Jew Pioli)

easy there bannon

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

The Bucs definitely need receivers more than anything else. Ideally a speedy deep threat DeSean Jackson type to pair with big Mike. Safety is a need too but the secondary was actually decent last year despite playing Chris Conte and Bradley MacDougald for most of the year. I also have doubts that Tandy can sustain the level of play he had over the last 5 games or so considering his career to date but safety isn't really a game changer position and as long as VH3 continues to develop and Grimes doesn't fall off a cliff they can afford to wait a little on safety. It might not be a bad idea to pick up another pass rusher early too. Ayers was adequate and Spence showed potential when he wasn't injured but neither are sure things and you can never have too many pass rushers.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Gross, Jameis is at U of Michigan practicing with Funchess.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Gross, Jameis is at U of Michigan practicing with Funchess.

That's a paddlin'

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Michael Oher still not cleared from concussion.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/DraftCampbell/status/837020908820770816

Him and Evans would've been amazing.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
Chris Mortensen and others reporting trade talks regarding Brandin Cooks. Teams involved: eagles, titans

REPORT: New Orleans Saints in Trade Talks Involving WR Brandin Cooks http://www.canalstreetchronicles.co...ennessee-titans

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
Love that move. Pull the trigger immediately, Loomis

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
Dan Quinn yesterday: "I'm not over it, and I never will be"

same here dan

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0628981327361741512-4

Vaughn McClure, ESPN Staff Writer posted:

Falcons Jonathan Babineaux, set to become a free agent, is aware his time is up in Atlanta but right now, it's believed the 35-year-old defensive tackle will continue playing elsewhere, with connections to coaches around the league.

Enjoy your gently used, 35-year-old Defensive Tackle, Buccs goons.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0628981327361741512-4

Enjoy your gently used, 35-year-old Defensive Tackle, Buccs goons.

If he wants to ride our bench for a few mil a year in case one of our starting DTs gets injured I'm all for it. Veteran rotational players are always valuable.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A Pale Horse posted:

If he wants to ride our bench for a few mil a year in case one of our starting DTs gets injured I'm all for it. Veteran rotational players are always valuable.

Babs owns too, so there's also that. He was consistently a league leader in TFL under the Mike Smith era.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Older defensive linemen are fine, because you rotate them, so an old vet can come in and give you a crafty 20 snaps a game and be fine until injuries happen and suddenly you're asking 50 snaps from him and he dies.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Jerome Agricola posted:

Chris Mortensen and others reporting trade talks regarding Brandin Cooks. Teams involved: eagles, titans

REPORT: New Orleans Saints in Trade Talks Involving WR Brandin Cooks http://www.canalstreetchronicles.co...ennessee-titans

Well, as the Jimmy trade proved, Sean Payton is willing to wheel and deal his best players. Can't say I'd like this move as we have a promising young WR squad, and doing this would allow defenses to focus just on Thomas and Snead. Fleener is just an afterthought.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Falcons put a 2nd round tender on Taylor Gabriel.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chilichimp posted:

Falcons put a 2nd round tender on Taylor Gabriel.

Good for him.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Too good to leave in the February thread.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm trying real hard to forget everything that happened in the last year.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
is this the thread i get to make fun of the falcons?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Metapod posted:

Yes friend. This is a safe space.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

All are welcome. My pain will never yield, and neither should you.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

Yes, but don't feel like you have to restrict it to just this thread.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm going to do it I'm going to make fun of the falcons

i suggest we refer to dan quin as general santa anna for now on because we haven't seen a meltdown like that in texas since the alamo

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

i suggest we refer to dan quin as general santa anna for now on because we haven't seen a meltdown like that in texas since the alamo

Rick Perry is from Texas, dude.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Metapod posted:

then shouldn't he be called William Travis

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Metapod posted:

Santy anny won at the alamo though?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Frog Princess posted:

Santy anny won at the alamo though?

It's true, the Alamo defenders were killed to a man.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Is there any fire to the smoke about NOLA wide receiver infighting and asking for trades?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chilichimp posted:

Is there any fire to the smoke about NOLA wide receiver infighting and asking for trades?

It's looking more and more likely that Cooks will be traded. :sigh:

• Locked thread