Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
after that fight i think mickey gall could too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
as someone who doesn't like tyron woodley as a person or a fighter at all i can say that y'all's hate of him to the point of blind irrationality is genuinely impressive

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Marching Powder posted:

as someone who doesn't like tyron woodley as a person or a fighter at all i can say that y'all's hate of him to the point of blind irrationality is genuinely impressive

Well Woodley could easily double him across the cage I'm sure, but if he let's Conor control his movement (which is very likely imo) and play patty-cake against the cage he'll get lit up.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

chaleski posted:

Well Woodley could easily double him across the cage I'm sure, but if he let's Conor control his movement (which is very likely imo) and play patty-cake against the cage he'll get lit up.

or, alternatively, the guy who has been hit hard and clean by every single person he's ever fought including the guy he knocked out in 13 seconds would take at least one punch to the face that has turned the lights out for robbie lawler, who had a fight with melvin manhoef you may have seen.

and you're saying 'he'd get lit up' about a guy who just proved that if a long stance guy kicks low at him he'll catch it, dump you and attempt to end your life with some significant power if he doesn't just power double the guy who got wrestled by nate diaz straight away and effortlessly.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Tyron Woodley gave an interview about how he is disappointed in himself and wasn't countering and pressing when he needed to and needs to do more in the future. Stephen Thompson gave an interview about how he could have maybe been more aggressive but he picked Woodley apart, controlled the octagon the whole fight and is pleased with his performance and judges are crazy.

Stephen Thompson is the worst and I hope Neil Magny destroys him.

ojaman
Feb 16, 2011
Maybe Tyron Was just possessed by some jerk ghost and now it resides within wonderboy.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I like the idea of Conor fighting Woodley after talking Nate up as a freakishly huge giant of a man.

Conor needs to fight Tony first though since Khabib lost.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Woodley would spark Conor.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
just cancel maia/masvidal and give maia his shot. if woodley wins that then he's earned a shot at nick diaz.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

DoombatINC posted:

Tyron Woodley is the human equivalent of a wedge type Battlebot

Wedges move forward though

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Lone Goat posted:

Wedges move forward though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEvV-BpXmQ

Woodley v Maia

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Welp just watched Mark Hunt's soul leave his body after being shot by the gun hidden in Overeem's knee :stare:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Which fighter is that cheating bastard Tornado who installed a big metal rig around his robot because he was so scared of Razer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEIGIiBb5LA

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Which fighter is that cheating bastard Tornado who installed a big metal rig around his robot because he was so scared of Razer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEIGIiBb5LA

Hector Lombard

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

There really isn't a fight for tyron right now...jorge and mail are the only top 10 guys on win streaks, if lost Rory and didn't sign larkin, you got uh...magny and stun gun

I guess he could fight Nick or conor , or wait for maia/Jorge winner

Yeah, Welterweight isn't the shark tank is used to be a few years ago. Aside from dudes with win streaks, fighters either moved weight classes (Hendricks, GSP, Gastelum), no longer fight in the UFC (MacDonald, Shields, Fitch, Benson), are considering retirement (Condit), or are irrelevant to the title picture right now (everyone else).

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Josuke Higashikata posted:

sounds like khabib to me

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

dad kelly ftw

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

DoombatINC posted:

agreed .. but only if they do the flippy thing every so often. yall remmeber that one that was like a huge block of cheese that sent stuff flying like 20ft in the air

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

Woodley would spark Conor.
true. hes going to be champion forever like barao ftw. anyway i like him and barao so i dont mind. i think flawed fighters who make it work at the highest level are cool

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

DoombatINC posted:

Robbie Lawler is Hypno Disc... story checks out

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

agreed .. but only if they do the flippy thing every so often. yall remmeber that one that was like a huge block of cheese that sent stuff flying like 20ft in the air

There were three of them in three different weight classes. Toro, T-Minus, and El Matador.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Sprecherscrow posted:

There were three of them in three different weight classes. Toro, T-Minus, and El Matador.

the one im thinking of was called Wheely big cheese

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmzEvuLZdmE

found it . doesnt really look like cheese but i suppose its yellow. anyway that thing is woodley, and GSP is avoiding fighting him at welterweight due to flip envy

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
UFC is racist

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
True.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev7maPZrZME&t=42s

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

That fight holds the all time record for widest gap between boringness of the fight and awesomeness of the finish.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Sprecherscrow posted:

That fight holds the all time record for widest gap between boringness of the fight and awesomeness of the finish.

Nah, not even close. It wasn't that bad of a fight. Mir/Crocop probably holds that honor.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
How bad was the title fight

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Worse than a heavyweight gasfest. Those only go 3 rounds and at least have a single round of action.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm not sure you could call it a fight.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I've been closely following MMA for about 4.5 years. It was by far the worst title fight I've ever seen, and one of the 10 worst fights of any kind that I've ever seen. Grizzled veterans who have been following the sport longer have said there have been worse title fights but its probably one of the 5 worst title fights in the history of the sport.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Silva vs Tallest Ladies was p bad

Also, I'm sorry my presence at the arena made the main event a pile of butt

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Detroit_Dogg posted:

It was really good

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

I.N.R.I posted:

It was really good

Thank you.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Congrats to Tyron Woodley for winning 3 minutes of a 5 round fight and winning a decision

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

chaleski posted:

Congrats to Tyron Woodley for winning 3 minutes of a 5 round fight and winning a decision

It would be weird except those were the only 3 minutes where anything happened

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Detroit_Dogg posted:

There were 11 total strikes landed by both men combined in the first round, and 16 in the second. The third and fifth rounds are the only times where anything actually happened in the fight.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

imo it was a draw i had it the same as the middle scorecard but that guy clearly re-wrote his scores and used tipex and stuff on the score and changed his mind to make it a draw again to be a rascal troll. Anyway who loving cares who deserved the win

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Dr. Abysmal posted:

There were 11 total strikes landed by both men combined in the first round, and 16 in the second. The third and fifth rounds are the only times where anything actually happened in the fight.

Even that is stretching the conventional definition of a 'strike' since they were mostly tapping each other in the chest to make it look like they were doing something without risking attempting to punch to the head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

I thought it was cool when David Teymur lunged his knee repeatedly into Lando's stomach more than a couple of times throughout the fight exactly like you would do in streets of rage or something

• Locked thread