Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Oh my god.. this camera...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this game GOOD lol this game loving GOOD

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

extremebuff posted:

this game GOOD lol this game loving GOOD

Is it?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yes. i only sincere post and im usually autistically critical about stuff..but everything about this title wows me. i made some other gushy posts but it is fantastic, in every way. this might be the best zelda

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Found a save-scummy way to make money and I feel dirty but I want that drat house

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I look forward to you guys going to the top right of the map like I just did

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

horse auto steers when riding on roads is v nice

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

extremebuff posted:

the mix of excitement and terror i get from exploring the world is probably completely unique to this game. there have been games that let you explore freely and run into poo poo that's too strong but it wasn't executed as well as it was here.

you can beat the stronger stuff, if you're clever and use your weapons well, and while it never feels like you're cheesing the game it always feels like you're bending the rules and treading on forbidden territory. it's so good. this game is so good!!

The loving guardians are scary as poo poo too. I didn't think they'd be so intimidating but every single mob in this game has INSANE vision and will find you. And they're FAST.

First time the sky turned red I was flipping out. The mix of fear and excitement is perfection.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
ever since i got this game i have literally, and i mean that in the traditional sense, done nothing but eat, work, sleep, and play it during every possible free moment. it is so loving good. i'm on mobile because my compy monitor is on zelda duty but once i manage to free myself from hyrule for a little bit i'm going to write a epic big post about why this is the best game ever made and i'm not going to feel bad about it at all

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

doughvakiin posted:

ever since i got this game i have literally, and i mean that in the traditional sense, done nothing but eat, work, sleep, and play it during every possible free moment. it is so loving good. i'm on mobile because my compy monitor is on zelda duty but once i manage to free myself from hyrule for a little bit i'm going to write a epic big post about why this is the best game ever made and i'm not going to feel bad about it at all

Looking forward to it :)

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

doughvakiin posted:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's going to take everything that I have to do homework today and not play Breath of the Wild all day again. Just finished a 17 hour session and I have map data for the whole world now.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
this game owns so much and i can play it anywhere. i love being alive

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I had a really nice and powerful boomerang, and i threw it at an enemy and killed it, and when i went to press A to pick up the boomerang as it came back i accidentally picked up the lovely weapon from the monster i just killed and the boomerang went flying off a cliff behind me never to be seen again

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Gonna stop reading this thread so I don't get spoiled

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

doughvakiin posted:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

im so happy

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

mabels big day posted:

I had a really nice and powerful boomerang, and i threw it at an enemy and killed it, and when i went to press A to pick up the boomerang as it came back i accidentally picked up the lovely weapon from the monster i just killed and the boomerang went flying off a cliff behind me never to be seen again

F

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I just noticed that Link's nose and cheeks get red when he's somewhere cold. :kiddo:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
My one and only gripe about this game is that there doesn't seem to be any list or menu for recipehs.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

mgsv was really good training for this game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

My one and only gripe about this game is that there doesn't seem to be any list or menu for recipehs.

an npc says theres on e somewhere but I don't know where yet

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

Lumpy the Cook posted:

rl notebook hoe

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm going to buy this today.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

oh god I think Fi might be in this

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

oh god I think Fi might be in this

shes in every game

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Soral posted:

he only gave them to me when i showed him the thing he wanted by the campfire in the forest. you can see the pillar of smoke from the cliff you start on
you can also get it by climbing mt hylia near the one shrine

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

The loving guardians are scary as poo poo too. I didn't think they'd be so intimidating but every single mob in this game has INSANE vision and will find you. And they're FAST.

the octoroks lead their shots perfectly almost every time it's frickin good

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Pro tip if you're playing early on and annoyed by the fact that there's no quick way to drop a lovely weapon in order to pick up a good one (I had been slowly navigating into the menu and selecting drop) just throw the lovely weapon away (R) instead.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Just purchased this game. I'm real excited

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
WiiU version

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

The Milkman posted:

you can also get it by climbing mt hylia near the one shrine

he also leaves it for you in his cabin once you've done the four shrines and he's revealed himself. there's a really nice new diary entry there, too

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Link... Open your eyes...

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I'm so happy I can turn (most of) the hud off

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You don't really need it, once you get the hang of it it's obvious what any combination of ingredients will do.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
it'd be cool if there was a single loving place online that didn't get a kick about jerking me around about getting a loving switch

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
like how hard is it to have "let me order this, and ship it when it's back in stock" as an option

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

mabels big day posted:

i threw a decent sledgehammer into the river because my brain got confused w/ dark souls control and pressed trigger to ready a weapon strike

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mabels big day posted:

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've had a few deaths that have made me laugh out loud because of how well everything in the game clicks together. like killing the really powerful bokoblin chief, only to have a red one come from my periphery and knock me off a cliff to my death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Dubious Food

• Locked thread