Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I have tickets to War of the Worlds, I hope I get to see Broken Matt Hardy vs Tanahashi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ahahahhahahahahahhahaha they did it

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Roque11 posted:

Ah ha! I told everyone he wasn't going anywhere and would eventually be back.

Sup

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
MRT update the OP

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
What if ROH was the one to hire Russo instead of TNA?

The ultimate swerve

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Isn't the name "Bully Ray" owned by TNA

IIRC he trademarked "Brother Ray" himself after WWE fired him in 2005

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
It is March 5th IN THEORY those ROH talents whose contracts expired the turn of the year are free to talk to WWE now.

The likes of Fish, O'Reilly, Dijack and War Machine.

https://twitter.com/KORcombat/status/837357589293846529 https://twitter.com/DonovanDijak/status/838053493780930563 https://twitter.com/RAYMONDxROWE/status/838069439807520768

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

very classy of roh to send a search party to nxt to find roderick strong

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dijak does nothing for me and i'd rather see bully ray tbh. war machine should spend a year in japan and see how things look then

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kyle oreilly is paul's last potential big get, which means he better not sign him because once he's under contract they'd having nothing left up their sleeve but boring booking

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I think WWE could make something of Dijak. He always seemed like someone that belonged there anyhow.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Buh Buh Ray Dudley

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

If you've only seen Dijak in ROH you haven't seen half of what he can do. If he could just get a bit better at promos he could absolutely be a world champ in WWE.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I have no interest in seeing Bubba Ray Dudley in RoH, or the Hardy's either really, but it's pretty funny that they signed TNA's biggest act and the guy TNA wanted to give the title to

And Rovert hosed up his scoop. Pretty good night

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
If Bubba is back in companies where he isn't getting tested, why is he still so loving fat? What happened to CALFZILLA? Did Bubba eat him?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tato posted:

If Bubba is back in companies where he isn't getting tested, why is he still so loving fat? What happened to CALFZILLA? Did Bubba eat him?

Don't underestimate his ability to pork up. Wasn't it like a month or two between him being Calfzilla in TNA and him being fat as hell again for that Rumble return?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dijak is really good actually

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Bull Dempsey AND Bubba Dudley?!?!? This is one hot roster!

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I have no interest in seeing Bubba Ray Dudley in RoH, or the Hardy's either really, but it's pretty funny that they signed TNA's biggest act and the guy TNA wanted to give the title to

And Rovert hosed up his scoop. Pretty good night

all i see is rovert being right again?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I've been watching some 2010 ROH on HDNet. What a fun little show. Slap the porpoise!

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
lmao

https://twitter.com/wordsbig80s/status/838456073199751170

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Why wouldn't he just do a senton

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

People should start spamming that instead of superkicks. I'm serious

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That match determined who made semifinals lmao

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

:lol: ROH is terrible again

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
edit: repost

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/838474109961060353

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Look fat lads finishes being that they're fat and sit on you is a proud wrestling tradition stretching from Chex to Yokozuna to Big Daddy to the time Abraham Lincoln lost a streetfight to William Taft after Taft fell over on him which had to be covered up with the whole assassination thing.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That owns.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
God that loving match went on for so loving long and that fat gently caress couldn't even hit a big boy senton to make it worth it. I think right after that was the Rebellion vs The Kingdom Trios Title match where I spent the majority of it facepalming and sighing from the 2nd row

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I think I regret buying tickets to ROH in May.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Roque's list of haters is getting pretty long

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The Berzerker posted:

Look on the bright side, at least you didn't get Raw tickets.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The Berzerker posted:

did you buy cheap seats so they'll give you an automatic upgrade so they can make the place look full

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I can understand that RoH really can't do much to keep the top guys from leaving, they're naturally going to want to go to WWE. But I seem to remember that when Danielson, Black, Steen, and everyone else left for WWE or TNA, they didn't replace them with steaming garbage piles. I'd like to go back to that strategy.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I can understand that RoH really can't do much to keep the top guys from leaving, they're naturally going to want to go to WWE. But I seem to remember that when Danielson, Black, Steen, and everyone else left for WWE or TNA, they didn't replace them with steaming garbage piles. I'd like to go back to that strategy.

Man their roster is...not good

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Man their roster is...not good

Yeah, the difference between then and now is back then when the exits happened, the roster was still full of talent and was able to at least maintain sizable interest with each obstacle they had to deal with. Like Bryan and McGuinness leaving hurt, but Black began getting attention after that, etc. The losses hurt, but weren't crippling and could be overcome.

Now the roster just looks more and more dire and barren with each teased or announced exit. As much as the Hardys and Bully Ray rule, the announcement of their presence shouldn't immediately overshadow anything your world title scene has contributed in the previous 12 months. And the world title swapping between multiple people who aren't even locked up long-term makes the situation look even more embarrassing.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If you want to access the sublime I suggest you loop this while "Dlp 6" by William Basinski is playing

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

Chris James 2 posted:

Roque's list of haters is getting pretty long

No reason to hate anybody right now. I'm just laughing knowing that ROH put on a killer show this past Saturday and that ROH embarrassed both WWE and TNA with the surprise appearances of people everybody assumed were WWE and TNA bound. No 20 second main event at Manhattan Mayhem.

Also funny at these reports of five ROH names being WWE bound. People are still talking about War Machine even though New Japan just started a big push for them and Fish even though he still has a contract. Dijak will go to TNA, as they're pushing big for new talent and Jarrett knows how to hustle. He got AJ, Joe, Roode, etc to stick with him for years. KOR is a possibility for TNA, but New Japan and ROH is more likely.

Roque11 fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Mar 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
You are showing your hand re: being a gimmick here.

• Locked thread