Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

lol Gowdy is a total loving moron just like you.

You may be right, but also made me realize I made the mistake of making more than one point in a post so people like you can try to undermine the entire post by attacking the weakest point to handwave away the rest. So thank you for making me realize to edit it out and put it here instead :)

Trew Gowdy telling people to be careful trusting the NYT and WashPo media reports, insinuating they are wrong.
https://twitter.com/ZeroPointNow/status/837537169514225668?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/838351476401520640

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

SHISHKABOB posted:

no, those are defining features of the history of the US. Baked into its government.

is that why life has been steadily getting better for minorities since 1940s in the united states, because the very structure of the three independent arms of the us govt ensures positive change is never possible without demolishing the whole system? is that also why slavery no longer exists as a state institution?

some incredible insight you're providing here for sure

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i dunno did they? it seems like whatever contact there was was routine and the evidence for anything bad is lacking

they spent the entire campaign denying russian connections - eg here's paul manafort - and now they're going "oh yeah uhh I guess we did." not just sessions or others who have plausible reasons to meet with members of foreign governments, but people like carter page and JD gordon, who met with kislyak a day before the GOP convention platform on Ukraine was amended. or there's the steele dossier predicting the sale of a 19% stake of Russian oil company Rosneft in return for lifting economic sanctions back in July, then that sale actually happening on December 7th to an unknown buyer.

like, I won't pretend to be a genius here. but "evidence is lacking"? surely that could be shown by trump releasing his taxes or whatever. smoke is pouring out of every hole in the white house, the admin shouts there's no fire and refuses to open the front door to show anyone. what is an observer supposed to think?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

is that why life has been steadily getting better for minorities since 1940s in the united states, because the very structure of the three independent arms of the us govt ensures positive change is never possible without demolishing the whole system? is that also why slavery no longer exists as a state institution?

some incredible insight you're providing here for sure

lol i didnt argue about any of those things, just saying that "fine" is a funny way to call US history.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
also, pence's meetings with the russian ambassador weren't on file, and he cant remember what they talked about apparently lmao

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

SHISHKABOB posted:

lol i didnt argue about any of those things, just saying that "fine" is a funny way to call US history.

that's because i didn't call the US history fine, i called the structure of the US state fine, which it evidently is because of reasons i have outlined in my previous posts

whereas you seem to claim that the very structure of the US governance system is there to perpetuate slavery and genocide, in tyool 2017. you should probably stop confusing the US with china hth

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Sentient Data posted:

And?... It's clearly good for the country and what should have been done in the first place, so who cares?

I thought anyone intelligent is supposed to approach politics on an issue by issue basis, not "my team is better than your team!!11!1!"

What? I'm saying the plan isn't going to pass because it's a leftist plan not that it's a dem plan so I think it sucks now.

I would love for that to pass, maybe I could go to the doctor again :(

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Poetic Justice posted:

You may be right, but also made me realize I made the mistake of making more than one point in a post so people like you can try to undermine the entire post by attacking the weakest point to handwave away the rest. So thank you for making me realize to edit it out and put it here instead :)

okay well I didn't mention the DNC hacks as evidence of the russia-trump connection but thanks for bringing it up. I don't feel qualified to report on computer whatsits but perhaps someone will find that additional piece of evidence more compelling than the others provided. anyway for the record trey gowdy is a loving moron

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I'd say at least slavery is threaded through the very fabric of our society and culture. A large minority of people in this country had their culture robbed from them and so were forced to invent a New American culture. We're basically entering the early stages of a race war possibly worse than what the US went through in the 1960's because of this basic tension between those whose ancestors were slaves and those who were not. Our military and prison industrial complex is completely founded in this hateful mentality. To say that slavery is a footnote when there's still literal slavery on a wide scale today is ridiculous.

The US and China are equally bad, China is simply more transparent about it

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Les Os posted:

I'd say at least slavery is threaded through the very fabric of our society and culture. A large minority of people in this country had their culture robbed from them and so were forced to invent a New American culture. We're basically entering the early stages of a race war possibly worse than what the US went through in the 1960's because of this basic tension between those whose ancestors were slaves and those who were not. Our military and prison industrial complex is completely founded in this hateful mentality. To say that slavery is a footnote when there's still literal slavery on a wide scale today is ridiculous.

that paragraph only leads you into it very gently but the last sentence really drops the reader bang on into the conclusion that you are a loving moron

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Les Os posted:

Aaaaaand you have just lost basically anyone who was on the fence who might have otherwise agreed with you.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

Trew Gowdy telling people to be careful trusting the NYT and WashPo media reports, insinuating they are wrong.

I like how you misspelled Trey in two consecutive posts while trying to be smug as gently caress.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312?lang=en

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

the only thing that could possibly make this thread worse is an attack of the d&d china defence league

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

that paragraph only leads you into it very gently but the last sentence really drops the reader bang on into the conclusion that you are a loving moron

You literally think slavery and genocide are not the building blocks of modern US culture and that the past 200 years have been largely "fine". I think arguing about politics on the Internet is mostly useless but that's the goddamn stupidest thing I've ever heard, coming from someone that routinely post at an utterly retarded level.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Poetic Justice posted:

Martha McCallum is a babe.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Les Os posted:

You literally think slavery and genocide are not the building blocks of modern US culture and that the past 200 years have been largely "fine". I think arguing about politics on the Internet is mostly useless but that's the goddamn stupidest thing I've ever heard, coming from someone that routinely post at an utterly retarded level.

Posting ridiculous hyperbole like this will not make that girl you like sleep with you. Give it up, man.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Fog Tripper posted:

Martha McCallum is a babe.

hahaha no she's not

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Les Os posted:

even if what you just said was true, thats still a long way away on the retardation scale from saying the US is just as bad as china

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

I like how you misspelled Trey in two consecutive posts while trying to be smug as gently caress.

Again, finding a small thing to disagree with in order to handwave away the information. :sad:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
China is hosed up but to be fair doing stuff like toppling a democratically elected government and installing someone like Pinochet is just a footnote in the book of hosed up poo poo we've done just in the last 100 years.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Kjoery posted:

also, pence's meetings with the russian ambassador weren't on file, and he cant remember what they talked about apparently lmao

That's odd. Because one was clearly just a quick howdyado after speaking at an event and the other with several people in the room where they spoke about the US not being all too happy about the Ukraine situation. So you are full of poo poo as usual.

Maybe there is a third where he met with Ivanka on a private jet and talked about grandchildren?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

even if what you just said was true, thats still a long way away on the retardation scale from saying the US is just as bad as china

"China is evil" *drone warfare unnoticed in background*

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Fog Tripper posted:

That's odd. Because one was clearly just a quick howdyado after speaking at an event and the other he clearly stated included the US not being all too happy about the Ukraine situation. So you are full of poo poo as usual.

Maybe there is a third where he met with Ivanka on a private jet and talked about grandchildren?

Wait, you mean to tell me you DON'T have a complete memory of every conversation you've had with people in the last 4 months!? Psshh, you're probably a Russian plant too

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

WatermelonGun posted:

"China is evil" *drone warfare unnoticed in background*

would you like to tell me about how the uyghurs are doing right this very moment?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

Again, finding a small thing to disagree with in order to handwave away the information. :sad:

Also I got halfway through that swirling paranoia.txt you posted before I gave up so I at least gave it a shot. You're retarded.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

WatermelonGun posted:

hahaha no she's not

You are WatermelonGun, self anointed hater of females. Your opinion of Martha McCallum is null and void.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

WatermelonGun posted:

You're retarded.

you are literally agreeing with a dude who is saying china is better than the US because apparently they're honest about being genocidaires, and you think you have any claim to calling anyone this lmao

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

Also I got halfway through that swirling paranoia.txt you posted before I gave up so I at least gave it a shot. You're retarded.

It's called a bubble. You live in a bubble where facts don't matter and what you want to be true is more important to you than actual truth.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

you are literally agreeing with a dude who is saying china is better than the US because apparently they're honest about being genocidaires, and you think you have any claim to calling anyone this lmao

Where did I say that? US foreign policy right now is loving disgusting and I like making fun of you cuz you're an imperialist pig dog. I hope someone flies an airplane into your work.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Tallgeese posted:

Posting ridiculous hyperbole like this will not make that girl you like sleep with you. Give it up, man.
i dunno about that, after i became a feminist pro lgbt leftist i gained several regular sexual partners and cuddle buddies. cant argue with results.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
As a goon who never leaves his basement, I have perfect and total recall of every single conversation I've had with another human being for the past year and I just can't understand how a person might forget what he talked about with somebody unless it's for some nefarious purpose.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

WatermelonGun posted:

Where did I say that? US foreign policy right now is loving disgusting and I like making fun of you cuz you're an imperialist pig dog. I hope someone flies an airplane into your work.

dont cut yourself on that edge

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

I never said China was better, just that both governments get involved with equally heinous poo poo. The Party is more transparent for a variety of reasons, but at this point in time you can follow the daily activities and moods of the President on his twitter feed so we're dealing with the transparency in a whole new way here.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Les Os posted:

I never said China was better, just that both governments get involved with equally heinous poo poo. The Party is more transparent for a variety of reasons, but at this point in time you can follow the daily activities and moods of the President on his twitter feed so we're dealing with the transparency in a whole new way here.

lol the chinese communist party and chinese government are more transparent than the US government, said nobody apart from retard tankies ever

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

lol the chinese communist party and chinese government are more transparent than the US government, said nobody apart from retard tankies ever

You don't know what "tankie" means

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

WatermelonGun posted:

You don't know what "tankie" means

sorry if that hit too close to home for you

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

What are all you unfunny quivering piss-holes sputtering about now??? Holy poo poo this thread is bad, it needs to go to CCCC

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Well I, for one, love the Chinese Communist Party! What do you think about that!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Does China have hot babes? I like countries that have a lot of hot babes

• Locked thread