Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tonetta posted:

Placing bets now that goku will end up fighting zeno by the end of the series (if not the end of this saga to save the other universes)

I am betting against this. Goku isn't going to fight his pal Zen-Chan this arc. There is an entire tier of guys who Goku hasn't overcome yet, the angels. It's going to turn out the high priest is putting bad ideas is poor Zen-chans head, and Goku has to punch the high priest. High Priest will call on the angels to help him out, and the rest of the universes will have something to occupy their time, fighting Whis/Vados and company in an epic free for all.

They are saving Zen-Chans innocence for later. He is going to be killed to establish the power of the next arc villain.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
Bergamo: I know our universe may have the lowest mortal ranking and my brothers' cruelty and viciousness embody that. But what do you expect me to do? Kill them? What kind of heartless monster could so easily murder their own sibling?

Goku: ...

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Burkion posted:

Well

Considering the fact that SSJ made everyone nervous

And SSJ Blue straight up freaked out all of the Gods of Destruction and Kais and may have even gotten some surprised looks from the Angels

I'd say the Mortal Level being power level is pretty bullshit.

Also the good GoDs and Kais bragged about what a good job they did raising their universe. I doubt they're going around and teaching them how to fight.

The number they gave was the average number for mortals in the universe. Average people are weaker than Herucle in Universe 7. Of course they're going to be surprised when someone busts out the power of a god.

Blockhouse posted:

Bergamo's argument that universe 7 should have a lower mortal level than 9 is that Goku is an idiot who is going to get gajillions of people killed

seems like it was pretty clearly about moral fiber

He made that whole speech with the assumption that he was going to beat Goku though, which makes me think he vastly overestimated himself. As in, "Once I beat him I will prove Universe 9 is not that weak"

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Rutibex posted:

The high priest seems to be the one pulling Zeno strings, maybe Whis is evil? If they don't fight Zeno, at least give us a fight against the angels!

Consider this:

Whis specifically told Goku not to ask for Zeno to remove the rule, claiming that Goku might be destroyed for insolence and that Zeno and the Grand Priest made up their minds.

Again, Grand Priest was the one who added the comment about all universes being destroyed if Goku didn't give it his all. The Zenos didn't protest, but neither actually said it.

For all the framing from the Gods thinking Goku is the Heel in this, you have shots like this

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rutibex posted:

I am betting against this. Goku isn't going to fight his pal Zen-Chan this arc. There is an entire tier of guys who Goku hasn't overcome yet, the angels. It's going to turn out the high priest is putting bad ideas is poor Zen-chans head, and Goku has to punch the high priest. High Priest will call on the angels to help him out, and the rest of the universes will have something to occupy their time, fighting Whis/Vados and company in an epic free for all.

They are saving Zen-Chans innocence for later. He is going to be killed to establish the power of the next arc villain.

Goku goes straight to the top of the mountain. He doesn't spend the entire Namek saga gearing up to fight Zarbon.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Goku also spent a lot of time bullying Monaka to try to get him to fight so Zeno's "innocence" can't really be a factor.

If you're "strong" Goku will punch you, willing or not.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

sassassin posted:

Goku goes straight to the top of the mountain. He doesn't spend the entire Namek saga gearing up to fight Zarbon.

He fought the entire Ginyu Force minus Guldo before fighting Freeza. He also fought all three Saiyans before that, and at least one of King Piccolo's children.

Goku only skips a few steps, not all.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Whis' daddy is definitely a villain ultimately, but he's also way stronger than Whis who is way stronger than Beerus who is way stronger than Goku so to defeat him, it's probably going to have to be a deal where he's neutralised by Zeno again. Maybe by Zeno saying "hey, stop being a dick" or something.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Whis' daddy is definitely a villain ultimately, but he's also way stronger than Whis who is way stronger than Beerus who is way stronger than Goku so to defeat him, it's probably going to have to be a deal where he's neutralised by Zeno again. Maybe by Zeno saying "hey, stop being a dick" or something.

Your right, there's no way Goku could ever get a lot stronger in a short amount of time. That never happens.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Something tells me goku is already stronger than beerus, and most of the gods that aren't angels

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
The gods did not look pleased when Goku powered all the way up.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rutibex posted:

Your right, there's no way Goku could ever get a lot stronger in a short amount of time. That never happens.

What good has it done him?
In what we can consider to be the most plot relevant Super content, it's won him a fight against a big dog and that's about it. Super's been making a point of having Goku lose and this current arc's big fight is stated to be about tactics, not power. As a whole, there's more of a trend about DB these days about bringing the power curve into check, rather than it just be extremely and stupidly broken beyond all prior recognition.

OB_Juan posted:

The gods did not look pleased when Goku powered all the way up.

He was using God Ki. There's also been a thing about the Gods not being happy about that as a whole, even outside out the Zamasu arc.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I would laugh if Goku WAS stronger than most if not all of the GoDs and they all get really pissy at Beerus about this fact.

"You provoked this loving idiot?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well yeah
Weve already seen zeno go "hey shut up or get erased"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well yeah
Weve already seen zeno go "hey shut up or get erased"

But oddly enough the grand priest doesn't seem afraid of him at all. None of the angels ever bow to Zeno.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blaze Dragon posted:

He fought the entire Ginyu Force minus Guldo before fighting Freeza. He also fought all three Saiyans before that, and at least one of King Piccolo's children.

Goku only skips a few steps, not all.

Well yes he fought them but he was always looking to fight the big dog (once he found out he existed, and where he was). He's not going to ignore Zeno.

If he does he really has become the villain.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Whis' daddy is definitely a villain ultimately, but he's also way stronger than Whis who is way stronger than Beerus who is way stronger than Goku

According to Whis, who clearly can't be trusted if "definitely a villain" is accurate.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
I love how this is Beerus' fault more than anyone else's. If he'd killed Buu U7 would still have an experienced Kaioshin. If he killed Frieza then 80% of the universe wouldn't have been shaped by his rule. If he didn't constantly take long naps, failing to deal with huge problems he probably should, maybe U7 would have a mortal level of 7+

Adder Moray fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Mar 5, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I don't think that Whis is a secret villain or anything. He's been known to keep secrets from the other angels and Zeno (him training Goku and Vegeta is a forbidden act) and I think if it came down to it he would help out Goku and friends. Maybe not openly. But he's not a bad dude.

The other angels, who knows.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Adder Moray posted:

I love how this is Beerus' fault more than anyone else's. If he'd killed Buu U6 would still have an experienced Kaioshin. If he killed Frieza then 80% of the universe wouldn't have been shaped by his rule. If he didn't constantly take long naps, failing to deal with huge problems he probably should, maybe U7 would have a mortal level of 7+

Beerus also locked the old Kaioshin in a sword for some reason.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rutibex posted:

Might been insurance to ensure if something like Buu happened he at least still has a Kai alive for the life link.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Momomo posted:

He made that whole speech with the assumption that he was going to beat Goku though, which makes me think he vastly overestimated himself. As in, "Once I beat him I will prove Universe 9 is not that weak"

Except that when saying that Goku has a lower mortal level than the people in universe 9 he specifically said that it was because he is an idiot who doesn't have a thought in his head.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Also goes around destroying innocent developing planets with honest to goodness heroic people for mild slights.

He's so poo poo at his job. That tears it Champa is clearly the better brother given his universe is objectively better. I hope there are several universes between them.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Adder Moray posted:

I love how this is Beerus' fault more than anyone else's.

Really? Not the guy who has arbitrarily decided there are too many universes so he's going to destroy some, and created Gods of Destruction in the first place?

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
And Beerus, despite getting rightfully angry at Goku for making things worse due to his desire to punch ever stronger people, committed the exact same mistake first. Remember that the only reason Goku even attained God power in the first place and ended up meeting Zeno is because Beerus wanted a challenging fight.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

sassassin posted:

Really? Not the guy who has arbitrarily decided there are too many universes so he's going to destroy some, and created Gods of Destruction in the first place?

A competent GoD serves a purpose. A competent GoD wouldn't have let Freeza happen and would have stamped Buu out before he murdered all the Kaioshin.

Maybe don't literally sleep on the job and avoid having a poo poo universe full of poo poo people.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I don't think Goku is going to ever fight Zeno because Zeno isn't really a fighter. He just has the ability to erase anything he feels like. There's nothing to indicate that he has any fighting ability beyond that.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rhonne posted:

I don't think Goku is going to ever fight Zeno because Zeno isn't really a fighter. He just has the ability to erase anything he feels like. There's nothing to indicate that he has any fighting ability beyond that.

Thats a pretty good fighting move though

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rutibex posted:

You also can't really fight against it

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I feel like Super is gonna end with Goku and Beerus fighting it out; a good way to bookend the series

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rutibex posted:

Hakai.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I feel like there's a ton of extrapolating going on off last episode.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Goku recruiting Uub at the end is just getting him ready for the next Battle Royale

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

tbp posted:

I feel like there's a ton of extrapolating going on off last episode.

the thread has a bad habit of trying to jump to conclusions

it made more sense in Future Trunks where there was a legitimate mystery but it feels like there's no reason to accept what is being presented in this arc as anything other than face value

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
There's clearly some seeds being sown for whatever comes after the Universe Survival Arc, but now that we know the tournament rules & have already been spoiled on the U7 roster the current arc is fairly straight-forward.

Not that I don't expect a Russo swerve, mind you, I just don't feel like it'll be something we can predict based on what we know.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
How dumb is it to hope that the OP is hinting at a Battle of Gods style power absorption that maybe makes goku strong enough to not need transformations? I mean, not the end of super saiyan entirely I guess, but maybe a straight up God Mode pinnacle reaching where his body is in a super powerful state around regular blue. AKA Toriyama is tired of thinking of the next SS level.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I want to see 17 and 18 school people already. They are pretty rad as a team.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Goku will never ask that question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Testekill posted:

And Remix has just gotten back into the abridging his own poo poo game

Yeah I got super disappointed when I found out that it had been cancelled for like 3 years by the time I started, but then I asked myself why the dude would even plug the series if it had been cancelled for so long, and then I found out it was making a comeback and dang I was hella happy.

• Locked thread