Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Star Citizen 2.6.1 was released on February 18th, so conservatively 14 days ago. Only 5 players have more than 28 hours played of Last Man, and no player has more than 28 hours played of Elimination. Only 43 players have played more than 14 hours of either game mode.

Star Marine is dead.

you're analyzing their player data more thoroughly than they are, they just analyze the funding data

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
oh, and if you're analyzing it, are those 43 players spread over 3 server zones?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

deleted scenes of the hybrid monster from Alien Resurrection

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Star Citizen 2.6.1 was released on February 18th, so conservatively 14 days ago. Only 5 players have more than 28 hours played of Last Man, and no player has more than 28 hours played of Elimination. Only 43 players have played more than 14 hours of either game mode.

Star Marine is dead.

How do you access that information? Can it be parsed using an API?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I dunno those are pretty good numbers for the bdsse .... 10 years after its released

Seriously though they spent how many man hours and endless lies to finally crap out star marine and not even their die hard core backers could be bothered to play it

The future is looking bright for sq42 though

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Star Marine is dead.

:allears:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TrustmeImLegit posted:

That guy is wearing fingerless gloves inside in los angeles california.

Because, he felt the chill of Sandi's black heart as she neared to take the picture?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Sunswipe posted:

Oh my god, enough with the doxxing! MODS??!?!!?

It's happened like 4 times in this thread why are you trying to turn it into a joke lol

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ArfJason posted:

It's happened like 4 times in this thread why are you trying to turn it into a joke lol

Just a reminder, it's absolutely not normal to spend all day every single day for months on end following people on something awful and the star citizen thread, trolling for keywords like "Doxxing". It is also morally hosed up to joke about loving kids. Thank you.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Hold on, I'm getting an automated message on my phone telling me FYAD is posting about "Those loving jews" again, brb.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

ripptide posted:

What is it with these peasants? Don't they realize it's a tribute to Steve Martin?

Archer strikes again :argh:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

starkebn posted:

you're analyzing their player data more thoroughly than they are, they just analyze the funding data

A wild completionist #6 appears! It's super effective!

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Star Marine is dead.

In that same timespan (14 days), CIG has raised over $1.5mil

Any conclusion based on this is depressing, right? Either it's yet more proof that the funding tracker is bullshit, or it's yet more proof that people are pledging thousands and thousands for a game they aren't actually playing

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

When is reddit going to ban that stupid forum.

SirPenguin posted:

In that same timespan (14 days), CIG has raised over $1.5mil

Any conclusion based on this is depressing, right? Either it's yet more proof that the funding tracker is bullshit, or it's yet more proof that people are pledging thousands and thousands for a game they aren't actually playing

I think we have all dispassionately shown many times that they don't buy into this for the reality, only the dreams. They have a perverse incentive, on both ends of this bargain, to never let the game come out.

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Mar 6, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Derek says its not doxxing so its convenient that we won't post here in case he reports us for doxxing.

Their constant cries of "its public record" makes me think they just searched court records for people named Derek Smart.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

/r/dereksmart posters literally do not understand that there is more than 1 person named Derek Smart.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Exinos posted:

/r/dereksmart posters literally do not understand that there is more than 1 person named Derek Smart.

They also don't understand sarcasm or irony.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Ghostlight posted:

Their constant cries of "its public record" makes me think they just searched court records for people named Derek Smart.

This is 100% what's happening.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Jobbo_Fett posted:

They also don't understand sarcasm or irony.

Or game development.

Or the law.

Or really anything at all actually.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Quavers posted:

How do you access that information? Can it be parsed using an API?

RSI.com has leaderboards you can mess around with.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

Shill retort:

Yes, it would be completely finished, if you ignore all the things that SC promises to be minus everything not allegedly going into 3.0 (which is pretty much everything a space game actually needs).

I think the entire shitizen population, their friends, families and everyone who by proxy or thereby directed, reads his ridiculous, shilling, brain injury style posts are now dumber for having witnessed such a shameful display of outright dreams winning over sensible and collected thought, there is no place, no institution on this Earth that should be asked to house this rampant window licker.

I can only find comfort in assuming he hasn't passed his defective geneseed onto the next generation, if he has then I feel nothing but pity and sorrow for the cursed offspring and hope they find peace in knowing that one day Lethality will likely meet his demise from willingly drinking the brightly coloured liquids under his kitchen sink with utter gay abandon because they look like tropical fruit juice drinks.

:five::five::five::five::five:

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

yea thats why cymelion

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Lmao at CIG staff being chased off their own forums to reddit :laffo:

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The most hugboxy games forum to ever exist too lol

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Star Marine is dead.

Yeah I ain't changing no lyrics, it done disappeared again.

Hahahaha the butthurt. Particularly amusing collection today, Mifificus! I'm going to remember gently caress me dead with a fistful of feathers for quite a while.

Ghostlight posted:

This honestly never occurred to me since I always assumed they were just happy to throw out vague smears in hopes of getting attention. But this is Reddit, where armchair detectives knew who did the Boston bombing.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Dear CiG,

I cannot believe you allow these fags and jews on these forums. The act alone of them creating a guild and grouping together is clashing with my religious views and I feel icky.

If this is allowed to stand, I will henceforth retract my numerous and substantial pledges.

Love,

Citizen #1291241820

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ewe2 posted:

I'm going to remember gently caress me dead with a fistful of feathers for quite a while.

Somewhere miles away in an underground bunker B'Tak! felt a cold shiver

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
One of the first things we bitched about on the RSI Forums was that the only rule of "Be Good" wasn't exactly doing much to curb the misogyny, racism, and homophobia that was prevalent on the forum.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

One of the first things we bitched about on the RSI Forums was that the only rule of "Be Good" wasn't exactly doing much to curb the misogyny, racism, and homophobia that was prevalent on the forum.

What finally made Ben reign in his posts?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

^^^ The rare triple-dash technique...a true master...

I know we say #NotACult a lot, but my mom and aunt were in an honest-to-goodness cult and this is the first thing that's really hit close to home for me

Whenever their prophet disappeared (which was often - it was a doomsday cult and he got a lot wrong and was frequently in hiding) the "congregation" would turn on each other viciously. It was never an outsider's fault, and god forbid they blamed their leader - it was always their own lack of faith or breaking of some rule

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ben "I would have been back earlier, but I got jewed in CounterStrike, friend of the family. #21,860" Lesnick would surely never let the community turn into a festering toilet. I'm sure you are just speaking goon lies.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

What finally made Ben reign in his posts?

His T-Rex arms can't reach that far anymore.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Pupil to Planet

DapperDon posted:

His T-Rex arms can't reach that far anymore.

:lol::lol:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
He's right, it won't be a competition, because it will be an actual game to play.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Today

January 2017

Post-CitizenCon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Hold on, I'm getting an automated message on my phone telling me FYAD is posting about "Those loving jews" again, brb.

what are you even talking about bahahHa