Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Didn't see this posted. Hunt broke his tibia. I didn't watch the fight but saw the pictures and putting it all together it makes me feel really uneasy and squeamish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Kilometers Davis posted:

Didn't see this posted. Hunt broke his tibia. I didn't watch the fight but saw the pictures and putting it all together it makes me feel really uneasy and squeamish.

thats going to put him out of training for months

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
let's remember Overeem put gosh dang Fujita in a mini coma with a knee to the brain case one time. he is just really good at kneeing people in the head forcefully. Hunt's chin is probably fine he has just been put out by three excessively large dudes who hit super hard.

also he is older and kind of already insane so yes let's hope for retirement

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Kilometers Davis posted:

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/838457488332754946

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

handsome only face posted:

I thought it was cool when David Teymur lunged his knee repeatedly into Lando's stomach more than a couple of times throughout the fight exactly like you would do in streets of rage or something

That was cool, as was the early prelim guy who in the third round decided to do nothing but throw left hooks to his opponent's body. I don't think I've ever seen that many landed (or thrown) in a single minute before. I was kinda bummed he wasn't able to put the other guy away with one of those, but it led to the winner saying something like "oh I was definitely hurt; I was like, why? Why do you keep doing this?!" in his post-fight interview, so now I like him too, even though I can't remember his name.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Can we stop pretending like the first fight was good now?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
So glad that Judo Dad Dan K got the victory. What a beast.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Tsyni posted:

So glad that Judo Dad Dan K got the victory. What a beast.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

dad kelly ftw

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

I'm, excited for Edson Barboza vs Beneil Daruish

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I agree with Sal in that both lost.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
It seemed obvious to me that Thompson edged it out, but who knows. A 10-8 round is magical thinking.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Teymur owns and I'm excited for both his and Lando's futures.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Watching back the Teymur/Vannata fight and aside from the fact it's entertaining as hell, the chemistry between Rogan and Cruz is amazing.

Anik tries to get in on it in between R2 and 3 when Rogan and Cruz are giggling about Joe being bald and sweaty.

Anik: "Vannata is pulling off the bald look..."

He kills it stone dead and there's like a 10 second silence after the comment

Thrifting Day! fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 5, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dangersim posted:

Can we stop pretending like the first fight was good now?

Nah

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

It wasn't though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It wasn't bad either. It was average and that's ok. Please update your groupthink charts accordingly.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
if those two people fought a hundred times they'd each win 40 split decisions and would share 10 draws and the only way you'd be able to tell the fights apart would be the sponsors on the mat and maybe the type and quantity of trash in the cage (additional to the 340lbs that has to be in there). it was the most unnecessary rematch i've ever seen in my life except for maybe jacare / camozzi and at least that was an emergency replacement.

Marching Powder fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Mar 5, 2017

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I mean I'm never going to be mad at a rematch of a title fight that ended in a draw, I think a rematch should happen 100% of the time in that situation.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I would suggest rewatching the first fight if you hold that stance

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

if those two people fought a hundred times they'd each win 40 split decisions and would share 10 draws and the only way you'd be able to tell the fights apart would be the sponsors on the mat and maybe the type and quantity of trash in the cage (additional to the 340lbs that has to be in there). it was the most unnecessary rematch i've ever seen in my life except for maybe jacare / camozzi and at least that was an emergency replacement.

Jacaré beating his time trial ghost was infinitely more fun.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
This is why the UFC is bullshit, in a real fight you can't just run away in a figh-hey dangit stop running away

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Velasquez vs Overeem would own

e I can't spell

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

chaleski posted:

Velasquez vs Overeem would own

e I can't spell

If you want to see Cain fight I suggest you buy the new UFC game.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Noone can kill or be killed better than Overeem. He is heavyweight incarnate. The dude has had like 7 boring fights out of 100.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The thing i like most about Overeem is you watch him fight half the time and he gets merked by some semi decent fighter who just wades forward and throws heavy, then his next performance someone will try it and he'll remember he has talent and merk them on the counter.

Dudes a coin flip and it owns.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Trast posted:

If you want to see Cain fight I suggest you buy the new UFC game.

Yeah that's why I said 'would', it's a fantastic matchup that'll probably never happen

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

That loving comment about the Wedge battlebot being Woodley cracked me up to the point where I forgot whatever unfunny bullshit I was about to post.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Also Woodley, who is completely capable of coming off as likable and human in interviews, teaches a lesson in how to be hated.

https://streamable.com/aa618

"Why you gotta be so mean, man?"

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Captain Log posted:

Also Woodley, who is completely capable of coming off as likable and human in interviews, teaches a lesson in how to be hated.

Stephen Thompson seems chill as gently caress.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Forceholy posted:

Stephen Thompson seems chill as gently caress.

His fighting style seems P. chill for sure.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I thought Wonderboy was a Serra/Longo guy but I didn't see them in his corner. I'm also a week or two behind on the Serra-Cast. Can someone help me out?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he trains with longo/serra but wonderboy's dad is his head trainer, accountant, lawyer, agent, bodyguard, unauthorized biographer, and drug dealer keeper awayer

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Skip My Posts posted:

he trains with longo/serra but wonderboy's dad is his head trainer, accountant, lawyer, agent, bodyguard, unauthorized biographer, and drug dealer keeper awayer

Ah, I thought I saw the back of Serra's fat head at one point but it isn't really an exclusive look.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah there's a long and storied history of dudes with heads like a loving thumb in combat sports, that could have been anyone.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
All thumb, no hands

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
The good thing about modern mma is that every non wmma fight is good

For instance check out these fights

Vitor Belfort vs Kelvin Gastelum
Shogun Rua vs Gian Villante
Josh Burkman vs Michael Prazeres

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Captain Log posted:

I really liked the movie and know dick all about "film." Just stating what appears to be obvious.

Also, does California have affordable (on par with south Nashville) parts to live in?

You think its obvious that a graphically violent scene in which a slave pokes another's eyes out then kills him with a hammer was made for the purposes of masturbation?

I know this is from a few pages back, but...loving hell.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Shogun is going to end up beating Gian and we're going to end up with DC/Shogun in 2017 and the UFC will be back to its normal dumb self

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Captain Log posted:

The sunglasses indoors is usually a sure fire giveaway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
the waffle one is ruthless

• Locked thread