Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

This was a great send-off to Mike and his last appearance in half in the bag, it was a really great send-off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Captain Lavender posted:

Rich and Jack are doing a best of the worst - video game edition, starring 1-2 Switch.

They seem to be streaming Zelda now which looks :effort:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That Zelda game does look dope though

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Can confirm. I dig the new Zelda. Didn't care for any of the Wii/Wii U games.

Zelda Skyrim is cool though.

Also I'm glad they let Mike do a farewell video where he likes the movies and gets to talk about Star Trek. :unsmith:

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
i need more rlm

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

whats a good video game to play that's like being in an rlm video

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

Lisa the painful rpg

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Lisa the painful rpg

Mr. Pinkett is your enemy at some point!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Baronjutter posted:

This was a great send-off to Mike and his last appearance in half in the bag, it was a really great send-off.

the final shot where jay pushed over the stacked beer bottles and the shattered glass formed purple hands was really sweet and touching

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

ZZT

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Went back to watch them play 1-2-Switch, and boyyyyyyy does that look awful. I can't believe they charge $50 for that. One of the few pre rec streams worth watching just for Rich's bafflement.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/126740525

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Did they just upload and take down an (anti?) Kevin Smith video today?

PRETTY drat sure I saw it in my Recommended list briefly as I clicked on a random link, and when I went to RLM it wasnt there.

Verily I Shat fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Mar 6, 2017

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Verily I Shat posted:

Did they just upload and take down an (anti?) Kevin Smith video today?

PRETTY drat sure I saw it in my Recommended list briefly as I clicked on a random link, and when I went to RLM it wasnt there.

The past few weeks or so I have been seeing it in my recommended list awell, but the video is not by RLM, it is by some other uploader, I guess claiming that RLM hates Kevin Smith, but I have not actually clicked on it.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

Medieval Medic posted:

The past few weeks or so I have been seeing it in my recommended list awell, but the video is not by RLM, it is by some other uploader, I guess claiming that RLM hates Kevin Smith, but I have not actually clicked on it.

Well, that explains it. Thanks.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Had a recommend video for a half in the bag that showed that deleted episode about Warm Bodies (supposed to be part of Movie 43), but it was some other dude that's a fan of RLM. Probably still up, but nothing too special. It was a nice surprise.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Captain Lavender posted:

Rich and Jack are doing a best of the worst - video game edition, starring 1-2 Switch.

Really? That sounds great.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Light Gun Man posted:

Congrats on not understanding what he said at all!
Ok ok, I get that he means that Disney should just let the director's make the movies they want, but you know maybe it's most of these director's fault for not getting the films they want to be made, I mean if James Gunn can make a movie in his vision, then I don't know what is stopping these other director's from making their own movies. Then again maybe this is why Marvel likes to hire TV directors.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's a much more significant problem elsewhere, see F4ntastic and Suicide Squad where they hired really unique directors then freaked out when those directors made the film they wanted.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fant4stic Four would have been poo poo either way. There's literally one interesting scene in the entire film (doom 'sploding heads) and the rest is bad.

Can't blame results for a film that's 99% garbage.

I have a similar feeling about suicide squad but that wasn't as awful as F4

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

PostNouveau posted:

Went back to watch them play 1-2-Switch, and boyyyyyyy does that look awful. I can't believe they charge $50 for that. One of the few pre rec streams worth watching just for Rich's bafflement.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/126740525

I haven't watched in like a year and what does the video start with? Them bitching about having technical issues. I swear to God every stream I've seen has begun with these guys having problems setting things up even though they've done it dozens of times. It's pretty amazing.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

powerful sex moves posted:

I haven't watched in like a year and what does the video start with? Them bitching about having technical issues. I swear to God every stream I've seen has begun with these guys having problems setting things up even though they've done it dozens of times. It's pretty amazing.

Yea after doing a thing enough times, they really should get better at it.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

WampaLord posted:

Yea after doing a thing enough times, they really should get better at it.

But enough about the DC cinematic universe

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am sure both Logan and Get Out are good movies, but I'm also 95% sure I'm not going to watch either of them. I will recommend them to my friends, though.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

My dad really wants to see Get Out.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Logan is very very good. It's laughable how bad X:men apocalypse is in comparison.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Paladinus posted:

I am sure both Logan and Get Out are good movies, but I'm also 95% sure I'm not going to watch either of them. I will recommend them to my friends, though.
Thanks for sharing.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

My dad really wants to see Get Out.

Doesn't seem like much of a dad flick,

Unless he wanted to vote for obama a third time

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Fant4stic Four would have been poo poo either way. There's literally one interesting scene in the entire film (doom 'sploding heads) and the rest is bad.

Can't blame results for a film that's 99% garbage.

I have a similar feeling about suicide squad but that wasn't as awful as F4

You can't blame bad editing for Suicide Squad being bad when, in any version, the movie's way of making you care about a bunch of murderers is have on Just Want His Kids Back

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
SS probably paid more for music licensing than they paid their director.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

powerful sex moves posted:

Every livestream ever starts with 5-15 minutes of either technical problems or just a logo screen while nothing happens. I don't know why, but it's as inevitable as death and taxes. Even companies livestreaming a demo or something do it.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I I pretty much never watch streaming, but from some amataur to a big corporate event it's always 5-10min of them fussing about technical problems or windows not displaying right or the music being too loud/quiet.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
That's why I never watch livestreams and wait for them to edit the video and upload it later, but then pre-rec still keeps in that 15 minutes of technical problems even when they edit the video.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I haven't watched any other streams other than Pre Rec so I just assumed it was because Jack was a retard. I feel bad for ragging on him so bad in the chat in the early days. Except it was funny, so no I don't.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Guy Goodbody posted:

You can't blame bad editing for Suicide Squad being bad when, in any version, the movie's way of making you care about a bunch of murderers is have on Just Want His Kids Back

It really makes you appreciate how much of a knock out Guardians of the Galaxy really was in comparison.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Veskit posted:

Doesn't seem like much of a dad flick,

Unless he wanted to vote for obama a third time

He's excited for a movie that makes fun of suburban white liberals.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

He's excited for a movie that makes fun of suburban white liberals.

It's still not that movie but FAIR that's fair sir.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

priznat posted:

SS probably paid more for music licensing than they paid their director.

lol

I couldn't believe how much songs were in that film. Hideously dated songs. What a piece of poo poo!!!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
the best part is all those songs are payed one after another within the first 15 minutes of the movie

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

a bone to pick posted:

the best part is all those songs are payed one after another within the first 15 minutes of the movie

lol that was so weird because they didnt even try to get songs with a similar BPM, a new song just faded in over the previous one like a request at a highschool dance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

a bone to pick posted:

Basically all the problems with SS can be explained in this video by Dan Olsen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDclQowcE9I

• Locked thread