Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA_CndlBu0g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

i like the part where the protagonist has his first chance to abuse his new harem manga gimmick power and chooses not to.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

chumbler posted:

I would like to play video games tonight, but I will instead have to spend a few hours putting some stuff together for work tomorrow.
Same, except I want to watch LWA.

chumbler posted:

A harem series where the protagonist only attracts bad girls.
Hell I'm in.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Also, welcome to page 300. I honestly never thought this one would make it this far.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

chumbler posted:

:bisonyes:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

chumbler posted:

they look like bratz dolls

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

chumbler posted:

A harem series where the protagonist only attracts badly drawn girls.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Hahahaha

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Read everything available from the "Bad Girls Harem" manga and I have to say: Main girl (Ranna?) seems like a very unlikely combination of :black101: and :3:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-05/new-life-size-statue-of-rx-0-unicorn-gundam-debuts-in-tokyo-this-fall/.113004

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Mm.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Good slug :3:

also good, these farming ducks

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
A good assassin.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Allarion posted:

Tonight's lineup is Gintama and probably Clannad!

https://cytu.be/r/kotori

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ocean_hime/status/838203444221521920

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Wizards is a crazy movie.

Probably been 20 years since i last saw it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Please do not lewd my friend 2B.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

chumbler posted:

Please do not lewd my friend 2B.

ok
https://twitter.com/walzrjW18/status/837900162081005569
https://twitter.com/walzrjW18/status/838610942241878016

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

a kitten posted:

Wizards is a crazy movie.

Probably been 20 years since i last saw it.

I saw Wizards for the first time when I was (I think) 12 at an animation summer camp (where I also got to see Heavy Metal), and that was one hell of a mindfuck for my stupid 12-year-old brain. I think the camp was probably intended for older teens, because my only other prominent memory of it was their studio having a framed picture of their mascot (a caricatured Mickey Mouse) with a flaccid dick.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

The Unicorn is boring as poo poo. Build the Turn A instead

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Chumbler, why do you do this to me?

This is done in a 2 page format, uploaded to batoto.

What monsters would do this?!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Hoppou

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Vermain posted:

I saw Wizards for the first time when I was (I think) 12 at an animation summer camp (where I also got to see Heavy Metal), and that was one hell of a mindfuck for my stupid 12-year-old brain. I think the camp was probably intended for older teens, because my only other prominent memory of it was their studio having a framed picture of their mascot (a caricatured Mickey Mouse) with a flaccid dick.

Haha drat. Also, i had no idea Mark Hamil had a role in this, apparently he squeezed it in around his star wars schedule.

I'm probably going to to watch Heavy Metal next as long as i'm revisiting crazy older animation.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

YES. MORE.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's in times like these that I regret not spendin' some more time shooting the poo poo with you guys. Good nite! :)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Live-action Golden Kamuy looking good!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

gently caress it I'm leaving this other work stuff for tomorrow.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I finally killed the loving tank boss in Ketsui on one credit which isn't very impressive but it's a big deal for me because I'm bad at videogames

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

same

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdtFElsJAJc

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

ah, gaddemu

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the full title of that ova is literally "goddamn go ahead"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
This is only for Part 1. I'll come back and write another for Part 2 after I watch it, but I REALLY need to vent.

First off, the art, animation, sound, and all that are all on-par for the day. There's nothing to complain about there.
Every problem I have with this OVA comes from watching it as an avid rally fan.

The story takes place in 1993, yet none of the cars featured are even close to being that new.
Before competing in the Safari Rally, Gen is forced to do a preliminary drive along a mountain road in France. The car he's given is a Peugeot 205 T16 E2, a car that was banned from competition after the 1986 season. While he's driving the 205, he comes up against a homologation model Lancia 037, which eventually goes over a cliff and explodes. That explosion is the ONLY accurate thing that happens in the entire episode (Lancias were always prone to catching fire).

Next up comes the Safari Rally itself. We have the team he's driving for, Seiou Corp., fielding a pair of Ford Sierra Cosworths, cars that were phased out of competition in the late 1980s by the onset of Group A regulations. What's better is Toyota Team Europe (a real team) is seen fielding MkIII Supras, which were never even used in rallying. They should've been running ST185 Celicas, but those didn't exist at the time the OVA was produced. The sensible thing to do would've been to draw what was being used at the time: the ST165 Celica.

Beyond these obvious flaws, the pacenote systems for each driver are borderline-incomprehensible as there's almost no consistency and the way the rally is presented leads me to believe the people who wrote this had never even seen a rally before. It's as if somebody who watched the Safari Rally on TV explained it to the producer and then he waited a month to explain it to everybody else.

I was all sorts of excited to see that a rally anime had been made and now I'm incredibly disappointed at the result. I can't say I have high hopes for Part 2.

• Locked thread