Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good ball by Dixon
Oct 18, 2012

Powered Descent posted:

Serious question, if we have a milgoon in the house. Why do they always throw the grenade with that stiff-armed out-to-the-side maneuver? It looks awkward as hell, not to mention accident-prone. Why not just toss it like a baseball?
When we were taught how to throw grenades they said it was because we threw the grenade to hit an enemy that was behind cover and not just at them, and because at the end of the throw we were supposed fall down to take cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Llama
Jan 2, 2007
pwnerer

`Nemesis posted:

Cammer cuts a big line of traffic exiting the freeway - don't be scared that it's liveleak

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bd9_1488681344

:allears: the song makes it, "i get what i deserve"

xjohnson
Sep 7, 2006
Johnson?
Young Orc

`Nemesis posted:

Cammer cuts a big line of traffic exiting the freeway - don't be scared that it's liveleak

Massholes :rolleyes:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Guy was using a tried and true maneuver to avoid the long exit line and should have relied on one person being a nice guy to get in before the double white. He got greedy, and that's why he deserved to be pulled over.

verymoldy
May 23, 2004

The schaden is that anti-fascist is being used as some sort of pejorative instead of being lauded.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

`Nemesis posted:

The only thing he did wrong was to cut in after the solid line began. I've gone through that section of Hartford a bunch, and there's literally no better way to go to get to Eastern Mass, and the lines are always a nightmare. I've cut in a ton of times over the dashed lines to make that exit and it saves me a massive headache.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

`Nemesis posted:

He should have just taken the nice big gap the mini cooper left him, he deserves that for crossing hashed marks and solid lines right behind a cop

Besides he was moving markedly slower than the posted limit in a live lane while eyeing up his opening, if anyone had creamed him from behind he would have had a tough time explaining 'I was trying to cut in front of everyone...'

Like this, take that space! It's your right as a professional driver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq-c8lRCyh4

Blue On Blue has a new favorite as of 21:26 on Mar 5, 2017

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

oldpainless posted:

It's a 50/50 percent chance. Either it falls on the truck or it doesn't

So they cut down one tree and it doesn't fall on your truck. Then the lumberjack gives you a choice of moving your car before they cut down the next tree or keeping it where it is. Should you move your car?

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Eponine posted:

If it were a nicer truck,

Hey man that is an old Jeep truck and those are awesome.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Random Stranger posted:

So they cut down one tree and it doesn't fall on your truck. Then the lumberjack gives you a choice of moving your car before they cut down the next tree or keeping it where it is. Should you move your car?

You gotta let it ride

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

We all choose to leave our cars where they are while a lumberjack cuts down trees several thousands of times every day and only a small number of us have trees fall on our cars. I think that guy with the truck was just playing the odds.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

You know, I've got to admit that was a clever maneuver he tried, cutting over right before those traffic poles (or whatever they're called). It would have worked to lose me, I probably wouldn't have been willing to ram through them to keep up the pursuit.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I put the wrong manual back into the 2DS box I returned the other day, as evidenced by my desk possessing a 3DS and a 2DS manual.

I dunno if it's schadenfreude, though, because the only misfortune here is my own guilt over it, because I doubt someone buying a 2DS is going to be horribly pissed that they got a game manual for a 3DS.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

MisterBibs posted:

I put the wrong manual back into the 2DS box I returned the other day, as evidenced by my desk possessing a 3DS and a 2DS manual.

I dunno if it's schadenfreude, though, because the only misfortune here is my own guilt over it, because I doubt someone buying a 2DS is going to be horribly pissed that they got a game manual for a 3DS.

Why do you keep doing this to yourself?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The footage will probably pop up at some point, it seems that every second person at the protest was filming it on their phone. There's already a few 1 hr + youtube videos.

It'd probably be possible to combine all the footage and create a realtime 3D render of the entire protest from every angle. :v:

I saw this episode of star trek. it was Geordi

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Why do you keep doing this to yourself?

At this point I'm pretty sure he gets off on negative attention.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Jesus Christ that's utterly brutal. This man's nuts are dead.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-Switch/Troubleshooting/There-are-black-or-bright-dots-on-the-Nintendo-Switch-screen-that-do-not-go-away-or-there-are-dark-or-light-patches-on-the-screen-/There-are-black-or-bright-dots-on-the-Nintendo-Switch-screen-that-do-not-go-away-or-there-are-dark-or-light-patches-on-the-screen--1201195.html]

I thought of shortening the URL but in hindsight a long URL is a feature, not a bug.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

quote:

Small numbers of stuck or dead pixels are a characteristic of LCD screens. These are normal and should not be considered a defect.

Are you loving making GBS threads me

It is 2017. If I had dead pixels on my iPhone I would assume Apple had started making lcds in North Korea and also fired all its QC people due to some executive order

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Railing Kill posted:

The Trump administration is systematically alienating everyone in the country. I would say that this would be good for Dems in the 2018 and 2020 elections, except that:

a) Conservative voters are dumb as hell and won't learn anything from this, and

b) At this rate, we'll all be using bottle caps as currency by 2020, so who cares?

C he will be re elected just like every president before him except for bush sr because he isn't stupid enough to raise taxes. Apparently being the ire of grover norquist is the only thing that will make you not get a second term.

Even nixon had a second term. And trump is just nixon 2.0 minus kissinger.

nintendo posted:

Small numbers of stuck or dead pixels are a characteristic of LCD screens. These are normal and should not be considered a defect.

:chanpop:

Aerdan posted:

Worth mentioning that Nintendo will replace affected units on request despite this.
thats good atleast.

snergle has a new favorite as of 07:03 on Mar 6, 2017

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Worth mentioning that Nintendo will replace affected units on request despite this.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Aerdan posted:

You say that like it's generous.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Every monitor I've bought for the last 15 years has had a zero dead pixel guarantee.

It's not "good" that Nintendo are replacing them, it's literally the least they should be expected to do.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
"Electronics get very hot, it should be expected that the Nintendo Switch will occasionally catch fire or explode."

- Nintendo

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Gorilla Salad posted:

Every monitor I've bought for the last 15 years has had a zero dead pixel guarantee.

It's not "good" that Nintendo are replacing them, it's literally the least they should be expected to do.

Literally the only device I've had with dead pixels as far as I can remember has been one of the older DS models. Either DS Classic, DSi or DSlite. I returned the first one, second one had dead pixels too so I just accepted fate and dealt with it.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

"Electronics get very hot, it should be expected that the Nintendo Switch will occasionally catch fire or explode."

- Nintendo

:laffo:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

- Nintendo

Samsung managed to dump the rest of their batteries on Nintendo :ohdear:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Haha gently caress that. gently caress Nintendo for that throwaway response. Every single other company will just replace a first run manufactured device with dead pixels no questions asked.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

TopHatGenius posted:

Haha gently caress that. gently caress Nintendo for that throwaway response. Every single other company will just replace a first run manufactured device with dead pixels no questions asked.

That isn't really true. Even Apple has an unspecified acceptable number of 'pixel anomalies'

https://support.apple.com/en-nz/HT202025

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Gorilla Salad posted:

The last thing I bought that had didn't have a zero dead pixel guarantee was a 15" phillips LCD monitor from mid last decade. Dead pixel on day two.

I would like to acknowledge that Nintendo's quality control is as archaic as their physical shopfront business model.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Note that "zero dead pixels" ≠ "zero stuck pixels". About the only company I've seen with a "zero anomalies period" policy is Dell, and they're basically the Tesla of monitors. Even high-end Asus screens don't have that guarantee.

That said, I went through Amazon for my monitor and exchanged it twice to try and get the best possible screen. Only one of the pixels out of all three 1440p screens was stuck, and the other two only had some dust stuck inside (which I found out works itself out over time). Not accepting exchanges for actual dead pixels on a 720p screen would be a pretty stupid move, considering how rare they should be.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

Powered Descent posted:

Serious question, if we have a milgoon in the house. Why do they always throw the grenade with that stiff-armed out-to-the-side maneuver? It looks awkward as hell, not to mention accident-prone. Why not just toss it like a baseball?

Go throw a 5lb baseball like a baseball and tell me how that works out. I'll wait.

Edit: wiki says it weighs 14oz and a baseball weighs 5oz. My point still stands, though. Steel balls filled with explosives are significantly heavier than a twine ball bound in leather. As a result, a significantly different delivery method is required to get the 'ball' over 'home plate '.

Two Feet From Bread has a new favorite as of 13:47 on Mar 6, 2017

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
It's funny, things like this make me appreciate living in NZ. We have something called the Consumer Guarantees Act, which is basically says if anything you ever buy for home use fails to live up to reasonable expectations, you can walk back into actual store you bought it from (not the manufacturer, the STORE) and ask the to replace, repair, or refund it. "Reasonable expectations" lands heavily in the consumer's favor, including things like dead/stuck pixels, and the hilarious iPhone (4?) defective antenna. In the later case, Apple was forced to give out the fix for free that they where gleefully charging the rest of the world for.

Such good shadenfreude, mmmmm

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My monitor has exactly one dead pixel, but it's way down in the lower right corner and I never even notice it unless I have to look at the system clock for whatever reason.
That's my contribution to the dead pixel talk :tipshat:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

snergle posted:

C he will be re elected just like every president before him except for bush sr because he isn't stupid enough to raise taxes. Apparently being the ire of grover norquist is the only thing that will make you not get a second term.

Carter. Ford. Hoover. I'll stop there because there's more further back that are less relevant. I won't even count the one-term guys that chose not to run again. But American presidents fail to get reelected for plenty of reasons, like being unpopular (Carter) or being tremendous fuckups (Hoover). Trump is historically unpopular and a huge fuckup, and this is assuming he doesn't just resign mid-term or not run for a second term. I would not be surprised if he puled a Sarah Palin and quit mid-term.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Railing Kill posted:

Carter. Ford. Hoover. I'll stop there because there's more further back that are less relevant. I won't even count the one-term guys that chose not to run again. But American presidents fail to get reelected for plenty of reasons, like being unpopular (Carter) or being tremendous fuckups (Hoover). Trump is historically unpopular and a huge fuckup, and this is assuming he doesn't just resign mid-term or not run for a second term. I would not be surprised if he puled a Sarah Palin and quit mid-term.

People forget that Ford won exactly 0 presidential elections. He never even ran as VP, he was appointed to Spiro Agnew's spot when he got run out.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

snergle posted:

Trump is currently doing his best to make Nixon look like a genius politician. Among other things, Nixon had much more positive ratings than Trump at this time period and helped contribute to settling some of the tensions during the Cold War. He wasn't awesome and made some lovely decisions, but at least he had some kind of experience at governing.

He didn't gain his modern reputation until the Watergate scandal broke after he got elected for a second term. Trump, on the other hand, has too many scandals and gaffes to name that begin before he even took the oath of office.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Serephina posted:

It's funny, things like this make me appreciate living in NZ. We have something called the Consumer Guarantees Act, which is basically says if anything you ever buy for home use fails to live up to reasonable expectations, you can walk back into actual store you bought it from (not the manufacturer, the STORE) and ask the to replace, repair, or refund it. "Reasonable expectations" lands heavily in the consumer's favor, including things like dead/stuck pixels, and the hilarious iPhone (4?) defective antenna. In the later case, Apple was forced to give out the fix for free that they where gleefully charging the rest of the world for.

Such good shadenfreude, mmmmm

Uh the bumper cases were free for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Dead pixels and backlight bleeding are two things the monitor manufacturers have had a "not our problem" attitude going on 15 years now, thereby avoiding millions in R&D, QC, and replacement costs.